Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MONTANA ARCHERY ELK LEASE  (Read 3218 times)

Offline DWBMontana

• Outdoorsman
I have 1 week left of Montana bow lease for 2019, either 5th or 6th week, early to mid October. I have a group of 4 1st week, and 3rd week, group of 2 4th week. Area 416, white Sulphur springs, general draw deer and elk. Montana FWP harvest stats for 2017 show almost 1 in 4 elk taken are 6 pt or bigger this area, additional cow tags available. $10,000 group of 4 elk hunters, whitetail and antelope also available for $. 11,000 deeded acres, and lots of state and federal forest service land also. Dave, 406.263.2133

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
How do the tags work?
Lottery, or bought over the counter?

I'm looking for a antelope hunt. How much for lodging & tags on public land?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline DWBMontana

• Outdoorsman
I am no outfitter. Montana FWP site will tell you answers to some of your questions. I would think drawing a tag in the right area would be hardest part, lodging and meals, you can handle yourself, it is pretty easy DIY hunt.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey your Elk hunt looks great.  I would love to do it someday but not this year. 

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I am no outfitter. Montana FWP site will tell you answers to some of your questions. I would think drawing a tag in the right area would be hardest part, lodging and meals, you can handle yourself, it is pretty easy DIY hunt.

So, your not an Outfitter.  How does this work then. You buy up a bunch of leases at the beginning of the season and then more or less resell them at a bit higher cost?  :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline DWBMontana

• Outdoorsman
Wrong. It is not a profit making adventure, you can ask my wife. I do not bow hunt, thus I lease the bow hunting rights , I would like to find 1 group who would share the lease with me that just wanted bow rights for the whole season, but that is hard to do , so, I sublease by the week, making it a bit more affordable for those interested. I guarantee you I make no money off of any of this. I am guessing you would be surprised how expensive leases are here in Montana when it comes to premium ranches, outfitters pay big bucks, that is why elk hunts alone in the area I have leased go for $6500 or more, I realize that includes lodging and meals usually and field care, that's quite a bit of money, besides, some hunters enjoy having their own land to hunt where they are not concerned about competition from other hunters or someone looking over their back. Also, I do not have a "bunch" of leases, I have had one for 7 years near Big Timber and have arranged a second lease near White Sulphur Springs, with that lease came a couple neighbors who were willing to lease to me also.
« Last Edit: December 12/16/18, 11:00:26 AM by DWBMontana »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Are the bow tags for Elk lottery to then?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline DWBMontana

• Outdoorsman
I will let you do your due diligence, Montana FWP has a website, like every other state, that explains everything.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Thanks, I'll take a look.

Offline DWBMontana

• Outdoorsman