Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where is Lee?  (Read 4073 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey where is Lee.  I know we mentioned it a few days ago and still no sign of him.  Does anyone know how to contact him?  Email etc.  Kind of worried about him as I know you are too.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Was thinking about that last nite.  I hope everything is OK......

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Me too. I kinda miss the old cuss!! :happy1: :rotflmao: I know he's been known to take sabbaticals now and then.

I really hope all is good with him.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Call him on yer fancy phone for us! 1 (847) 593-7592
« Last Edit: December 12/15/18, 05:35:25 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OK will do.  Hope he doesn't think we are bothering him. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You can tell  him I put ya up to it. I'll take the blame.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I called our Buddy Lee.  I said is this IllinoiS?  He said who is this.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I told him who I was and that we all wondered if he was ok and that we miss him.  He sounded like he had a cold but he said it was sinuses.  He was glad we called and was happy.  We had a nice little talk.  Good guy even though he is a Bears fan.  He is going to post soon.  I would have said something from you Rebs but I didn't see your thing till now. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
oh sure, Fine!!! I've been beat on all week, just like a smurf!     :moon:
« Last Edit: December 12/15/18, 07:44:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good news!!! :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh sure, Fine!!! I've been beat on all week, just like a smurf!     :moon:
poor baby!!! :violin: :violin: :violin: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Aren't you supposed to be in bed with yer smurf blankie???!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to here. So he just didn't want to rub it in how much better the bears are doing then the vikes.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Great to hear! :cool: Thought for sure, unless he's so  :sick: he couldn't hardly get out of bed, that he'd be wantin to rub it in. Especially to you know who.  ;)  :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, someone has to poke that certain blue person....... :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for checking on him Barry. Good to hear he's OK. Now if Da Bears would just get over this winning stuff... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Packers at Bears is at the same time as our game.  Darn I would have liked to watch it.  Now Lee will miss the Bears game too since he will be watching the Vikes.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You better call and tell him that.   But you know what he'd say.......:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 12/16/18, 09:26:14 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll post this while Lee's on a break... :azn:

Minnesota DNR News

For Immediate Release:

Dec. 17, 2018

Questions? Contact DNR Information Center by email or 888-646-6367.

In This Issue

Apply through Jan. 25 for spring wild turkey A and B permits

DNR reminds hunters to get permission to use private land during special deer hunts

DNR issues ice warning for aerated lakes

Apply through Jan. 25 for spring wild turkey A and B permits

Spring turkey hunters hoping to bag a tom during the first two weeks of the season have through Friday, Jan. 25, to apply for a lottery permit, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.

The season runs from April 17 to May 31 and is divided into six hunt periods, A through F (see table below). Hunt A and B licenses for firearms hunters age 18 and older are limited in availability and assigned via lottery drawing.

Turkey lottery applications cost $5 and can be purchased online at mndnr.gov/buyalicense, by phone at 888-665-4236, or in person from a license agent. Successful applicants will receive a postcard in the mail by mid-February and can purchase their hunting license starting March 1.

Firearms licenses for hunts C, D, E and F are not lottery-limited and will be available for purchase over-the-counter beginning March 1. All licensed turkey hunters can participate in Hunt F if they have an unused tag from one of the earlier hunt periods.

Archery and youth hunters (under 18) are exempt from the lottery and may purchase a spring turkey license valid during all hunt periods, including hunts A and B.

Surplus lottery licenses from hunts A and B, if available, will be sold over-the-counter starting in mid-March.

Visit mndnr.gov/hunting/turkey for more information about turkey hunting in Minnesota.

2019 Spring Turkey Hunt Periods   :Turkey:

Hunt A:                 April 17-23

Hunt B:                 April 24-30

Hunt C:                 May 1-7

Hunt D:                 May 8-14

Hunt E:                 May 15-21

Hunt F:                 May 22-31

###

DNR reminds hunters to get permission to use private land during special deer hunts
First-come, first-served special permits for specific public lands sold out in 2 hours; other public lands available for hunting
Hunters must receive permission from landowners to hunt on private land for the upcoming special deer hunts in southeastern Minnesota, on Friday, Dec. 21 to Sunday, Dec. 23 and Friday, Dec. 28 to Sunday, Dec. 30, according to the Department of Natural Resources.

The hunts take place in deer permit areas 603, 347 and 348, and portions of deer permit areas 343 and 345 that are south of Interstate 90. The majority of this special-hunt area is private property.

A limited number of special permits were available for hunters in Forestville State Park and Pin Oak Prairie Scientific and Natural Area, but all 270 permits were sold out within two hours of release.

Hunters still can find places to hunt. The Cherry Grove Blind Valley Scientific and Natural Area, which adjoins the Cherry Grove Wildlife Management Area, will be open to deer hunting and does not require a special permit for entrance. Additional public land can be identified using the DNR’s Recreation Compass tool at mndnr.gov/maps/compass; public lands open during the regular season are open during the special hunts. Hunters should be aware that, because this land is limited, it may be crowded.

These special hunts are one step the DNR is taking to act quickly in an effort to contain chronic wasting disease while it is relatively concentrated in a geographic area. Reducing deer numbers in this area helps lower densities and remove CWD-positive animals.

Hunters must plan ahead and should check the DNR’s website at mndnr.gov/cwd for complete details about the special hunts, hunt rules and considerations, station locations for registration and CWD sampling, carcass transport restrictions, a map of the hunt area, and information about the DNR’s efforts to keep Minnesota wild deer healthy.  :deer:

###

DNR issues ice warning for aerated lakes  :fish2:
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has issued its annual ice safety warning for lakes with winter aeration systems.

Aeration creates areas of thin ice and open water that are extremely hazardous to people and pets. Open water areas can shift or change shapes, depending on weather conditions, and leaks may develop in air lines, creating other areas of weak ice or open water.

The updated list of aerated lakes and more information is available at mndnr.gov/eco/lakeaeration.

“We’re urging people to use caution anytime they venture onto lake ice, especially at night,” said Amanda Yourd, DNR hydrologist and aeration coordinator. “Extreme care should be taken on aerated lakes. Watch for the large orange and black warning signs at high-use public accesses and the required thin ice signs around open water areas.”

Aeration systems help prevent winterkill of fish populations by adding oxygen to the lake and, in certain situations, to protect shorelines from ice damage. They are generally operated from the time the lakes freeze until the ice breaks up in the spring. About 280 lakes will have aeration systems operating on them this winter. Private hatchery operators also use aeration systems, usually on small lakes without public accesses.

A permit from the DNR is required to install and operate an aeration system. Permit holders must publish public notices, post warning signs and inspect the systems at least once every seven days. Liability insurance is generally required of private groups or citizens operating aeration systems in protected waters. Watch for notices in local media identifying aerated lakes. DNR staff ensure permittees comply with all requirements and regularly inspect systems for safety.

Some municipalities may have ordinances that prohibit entering into the thin ice marked area and/or prohibit the night use of motorized vehicles on lakes with aeration systems in operation.  These local regulations are often posted at accesses where they apply.

Questions concerning aeration or thin ice can be answered by calling a regional or area fisheries office or the DNR at 888-646-6367.

###
« Last Edit: December 12/17/18, 01:57:38 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Hey guys,

Been goin through some similar physical conditions ta what I had gone true 2 yrs. ago. Lots a naggin headaches. Also dizziness  :doofus: when I look up in da sky and down at da ground. Went in-ta da hospital emergency and had all da same scans and tests as last time. No specific results just as da last time dat I went in. :confused:

Last time dem guys decided to blame it on my existing diabetes & blood pressure. Dis time da unanimous guess was vertigo. Dat sounded somewhat reasonable ta me so I start rehab on Tuesday. Meanwhile I got some prescribed pills fur dizziness. I've been takin 6 various pills every mornin fur years and 5 of da 6 say may cause dizziness. Now I got dis new one dat helps prevent dizziness. :bonk:

Fur now I'm not driving da car so Borgie.... ("speed racer/ass rider").. is my official designated driver.  :doah:

GO BEARS! :blues brothers:

Tanks fur da well wishes jews guys..... :happy1:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, some on here have been DIZZY for years!!!  :doofus: Good to see ya back!!!   :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/17/18, 04:45:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear from ya Lee! Was even tickled to see Da Bears beat the Peckers yesterday and then see Erin Rogers called out after his crummy performance. Sounded like Da Bears used him as a tackling dummy!  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/17/18, 06:47:27 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, some on here have been DIZZY for years!!!  :doofus: Good to see ya back!!!   :happy1:
speak for yourself bucko.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: December 12/17/18, 06:13:15 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So there is pills to make you not dizzy?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Lee it is great to hear from ya.  We been wondering if you were on a vaca down south with your Speedo on with a Pina Colada.  Damn now I want to do that.  I hope all of those medical things things get figured out.  Good to hear from you.  I think you are the only one from IllinoiS aren't you? 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
So there is pills to make you not dizzy?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Lee it is great to hear from ya.  We been wondering if you were on a vaca down south with your Speedo on with a Pina Colada.  Damn now I want to do that.  I hope all of those medical things things get figured out.  Good to hear from you.  I think you are the only one from IllinoiS aren't you?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry that is funny but good to hear you are back!! get better dude!!  vertigo is what I thought as soon as I read your your situation!!  good luck!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear from you Lee. I hope the docs get it figured out for ya.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
he was gone?????
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman