Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What are the odds  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe I mentioned it before but here goes. Late last fall I was changing oil in the ram, with the bottom side done I went on top,  went to put the funnel in the fill tube and caught a leaf stem ( you know how they gather on the bottom of the windshield) and sure enough it flips up and straight down through the funnel. I ripped the funnel out and I see nothing!!! Gosh darnit, just my luck.. way to go I said for rushing through this.

I usually can wrench on what needs wrenching but this I wasn't even sure what the next step was. So I said screw it, I dumped in 7 quarts of full synthetic and drove it to work the next day where I had the mechanics look it over. Sure enough the filler tube goes to the bottom side and not the top so the stem just sat in the pan the last 9,000 miles and shot out when I changed oil on sunday, still intact.  Whatta bone head.
« Last Edit: June 06/19/18, 04:21:39 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Sh** happens, boob! Not as bad as dropping a locking clip down the intake manifold...or a snipped cable tie end down a throttle body.....   :doah::angry2:  Kinda like that last screw or nut ya drop and it somehow rolls all the way down to Wangdoo Iowa. Just did that with the rider, dropped a nylon nickel sized washer (last one I had) as I was bending over, a mere 1' drop. Found it a half- hour later at the end of the driveway....WTF??!?!??!!!!
« Last Edit: June 06/19/18, 04:48:15 PM by Rebel SS »