Minnesota Outdoorsman - Minnesota Fishing and Hunting Reports
OPENING RIFLE SEASON STARTS NOV 8TH

Support Our Troops

Author Topic: New Robina WMA in Hennepin county  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Moving2thecountry

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
New Robina WMA in Hennepin county
« on: November 04, 2008, 06:05:04 PM »
Has anybody heard about the new Robina WMA near Independence, MN in Hennepin County?  They say it will be good for Turkey come spring.

Offline ATM

• Outdoorsman
Re: New Robina WMA in Hennepin county
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 08:19:33 AM »
I was out there earlier this fall, right below the yellow wma sign was a sign that said experimental area closed to hunting.  I dont know if there is a diferent access but i couldnt find it. Adam

Offline tazmn01

• Outdoorsman
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 02:46:01 PM »
Was up there a couple weeks ago. You need to go west from Co 92 to the county road right before the well drilling place. Take a right over the tracks first tight. You get to walk in about a hundred yards. Just follow the signs. For me it looked like a good duck goose hunting place. Have fun.
Camp, fish, hunt hard as a family. And pray God finds you as a keeper when it is all over.

Offline Moving2thecountry

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 10:26:39 PM »
I have since hunted this place.  There is an area that you cannot hunt between the road and the tracks (hence the signs).  I did not see much evidence in the way of wildlife save rabbits and crows.

Offline ATM

• Outdoorsman
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 01:09:51 PM »
There was a few ducks and geese on it this fall, may be a good spot to sit in the cattails and do some waterfowling. Adam