Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2009 MNO Smack Down  (Read 205722 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Being the competitor that I am  :fishing2: I was ready today to face the high winds and cold front conditions  :cold: for one more shot at the championship. It would be a long day of fishing followed by the Halloween party this evening. :dancinred: When Borgie  :queen: found out about my fishing trip :fishing: she went and put on her Halloween costume for tonight. Needless to say I quickly abandoned my fishing plans so I could be at my best for the Halloween party.

It's amazing what a quick wardrobe change and a little extra makeup can do for these women!
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
HeHeHe.........we just got off the water.......

Yea, I know.....I said I pulled the batteries and drained the lower unit. But, that was on Old Betsy...The river rig still needed to be winterized, and me and the boy hit the water.

We boated 10 pike from noon till 3:30, kept 4 for the pan......and we did have a 36 incher in the net......yep, I said....had

The lure popped out just as I was lifting the net and the fish made a break for it.

It was the boys fish, and would have brought him up a few notches.

what do ya do..........

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to be a long winter...   :cry: Hunterdown beat me by .25 of an inch, good thing I didn't have any Hamms on the line!   :toast:   :fishing2:

Hey Lee. :happy1:  great finish, 2nd ain't all that bad it's like being the vice president.. Ya, Hmm what is his name anyway  :scratch:    :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Congratulations to the new 2009 MNO Fishing Challenge Champions. It was a hard fought battle this year and the fish entries were phenomenal. The smack down thread was more fun than ever before. What other site could a body spew so much fun crap and not get Kicked off. The best part of the smackdown was everyone got smacked and smacked back. No angry feelings, tempers flaring, or hurt feelings.

Hey, I even got Borgie interested in the competition more so than in the past. I can't wait till next years Challenge and I'm lookin for some big pike partners. It's with a small tear in my eye that I prepare to pass my 1/3 of the Championship baton to the rightful winners team #25.

Big hugs go out to Bobby and Hunterdown for riding out the highs and lows once more this year. I'd like you guys to share this song with the new champs since you all deserve it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZBCcY0nJao&feature=related

Like I said "it's time to pass the baton"

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobby Bass

Offline tmjhamann

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
congrats to team #25 :happy1: :happybounce: :rocker; :bow:
Troy Hamann

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey Bobby,

You'll never guess what's happened. I just got a phone call from the producers at The Fox News Network. Seems that Bill O' Riley wants to do an exit interview with The Lodge Team on his show "The Factor". I told him we'd let him know. I knew you'd be up for it, but I had to stall him since I have no idea where Big Slick's been for months.

Do you think you could check with the staff over at The Lodge? I know that Reifies The Lodge bartender used to hang out with him at times. Hey, do they still have that huge crappie mount of Big Slick's hanging above the cash register at The Lodge. Boy! If slick told me the story bout that crappie once, he told me a thousand times. That's why we need to find him. He sure can tell those stories.

This may be our last chance to be on national TV with the new young guys winning the crown this year. I think we could use this next year off anyhow. What with all the personal appearances, dedications and such it's been one wild ride. :dancinred:

"The Oldest Living 2008 Challenge Champion,"

Lee  :king:
« Last Edit: November 11/01/09, 04:46:35 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gees!,

I was going through some old stuff and I found an old group photo of our 2008 Challenge Championship Team at the banquet last year. Seems like yesterday. I figured I would share it with everyone.

From left to right we have Bobby (team captain) Big Slick (party minister) Lee (smack master)
If you'll notice Big Slick in the middle is kind of glassy eyed from to much Hamms.

:king: :king: :king:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I have enjoyed my run as the 2008 Champ, but it was getting kind of old. The non stop request for fishing information and posing for pictures with scantly glad women. I mean just how many tan waists can a man hang on to! The gifts were nice, I mean never having to pay for a Hamms at the Lodge was a great side benefit, but then being the Lodge manager I never paid anyway.  Big Slick has been a lost soul, I think he found crappie fishing and has gone over to the dark side.

Of course we will always be the  2008 Champs and we will always be the first Champs. This fishing game might be for the youngsters anyway. There fancy boats with gas powered motors and fishing reels with ball bearings in them. Some of them kids even have more than one rod and tv's that show what's underwater!..  Add on them tiny motors that pull them through the water but I think us old guys made a fine showing this year.

Good luck 2009 Champs.
Bobby Bass

Offline fubar

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks guys! Sorry it took me so long to get around to my acceptance speach i was out in the ol' boat putting the smack down on some buffleheads! I would like to thank all of the old coots for giving me the motivation to get out there and put on the sickening clinic I did this year and i would also like to thank the rest of the young guns that gave me zero backing when i started the uprising against the prune juice drinkers of america  :moon: !!!!!! Now i must move on...to the next sport in line and start whackin and stackin the deer with my hunting partner so i can show you guys its not all about the water but i work magic in the woods too!

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys! Sorry it took me so long to get around to my acceptance speach i was out in the ol' boat putting the smack down on some buffleheads! I would like to thank all of the old coots for giving me the motivation to get out there and put on the sickening clinic I did this year and i would also like to thank the rest of the young guns that gave me zero backing when i started the uprising against the prune juice drinkers of america  :moon: !!!!!! Now i must move on...to the next sport in line and start whackin and stackin the deer with my hunting partner so i can show you guys its not all about the water but i work magic in the woods too!

Just remember you won only because of my mistake with the camera otherwise Bena &
the Jets would have the trophy
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline fubar

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yeah, thats a bummer. But if i had taken good pictures we would have another 2 or 21/2 inches from my 20'' bass!   :toast:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happybounce: Hey lets make some noise for the winners of the drawings.. :happy1: Congrats  :toast:  go out to Big Bass, DHunter2385, Tuna, Robbo17 Outdoorsman388 and Big SLick..... These are all winners in the prize drawings and of course all the fishermen who finished at the top first through 4th and our tenth palce team to.. Thanks to all of you for fishing in the Challenge..
Bobby Bass

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I just wanted to say thanks to the people that posted fish in this years challenge!  :happy1:

There were very few photo's that were "questionable" this year, and it made my job a little easier.

Also, wanted to thank Bobby once again, for a well run contest!   :bow:

So, here's to all you that participated.......  :toast: (The Hamms is on Bobby's tab)  :whistling:

Judge Hunter  ;D
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Wonders how much of his tab he should charge to Hunterdowns credit card that he left in the Puddle Humper when they went fishing this fall.... and if 15% would be to big of a tip  :whistling:
Bobby Bass