Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Walleye/sauger northern/muskie  (Read 4197 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Bobby I have a ?     Since walleyes are a catagory that also gets to add sauger can we add muskie to the northern catagory.  They are both essox. 
It will add to the contest because it allows people to add that really big kicker fish to put the team over the top.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobby I have a ?     Since walleyes are a catagory that also gets to add sauger can we add muskie to the northern catagory.  They are both essox. 
It will add to the contest because it allows people to add that really big kicker fish to put the team over the top.
A good question. It was discussed and we stuck with the just adding the sauger as it is sometimes mistaken for a walleye. The big thought for the fish we have in the Challenge is that everyone has water close enough that they can fish for bass-walleye and northern. The Muskie is not that common in local lakes depending on where you live and we want everyone to have a fair playing field. Hope that answers your question :fishing2:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
What does essox mean? i have heard it before but i don't know what it stands for , thanks
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
What does essox mean? i have heard it before but i don't know what it stands for , thanks

The answer you seek is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esox
« Last Edit: May 05/06/09, 10:31:47 PM by Jeff »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Shotglass

• Outdoorsman