Forum > Archived Deer, Moose & Elk

MN Governor Tim Pawlenty: Unethical slob hunter

<< < (7/7)

BuckBomber:

--- Quote from: Stensethfan on November 11/13/09, 08:11:10 AM ---Buckbomber must have had to run off to a Dem party function because he could not stay around and track the rest of the  :bs: thread he started.  I guess this thread will just run off and die without him....shucks that is too bad.  I hope I don't loose a wounded deer this weekend or I will get slammed as a slob hunter I guess.  I guess my Uncle Don Stenseth (RIP) is a slop hunter too because he lost a deer in the swamp that one year not to mention he lost a boot and sock trying to track it when it was 40 degrees out.  Man he was such a slob hunter!  He probably just flipped in his grave reading this from above. 

--- End quote ---

Let's see, one of you slams me for "having the last word." Now another one slams me for not staying around anda tracking the thread I satarted. Which is it anyway?

Also, many of you get the impression I have a problem with wounding deer. No--the problem is failing to track your game after you wound it. That's what pawlenty did. he's a slob hunter because of it. He didn't run off to official state business because he's "so busy" (because of Democrats and tree huggers as some of you brilliant thinkers claim). He ran off to a Republican fundraiser for his presidential campaign in Iowa. Nothing to do with being governor, and even less to do with deer hunting. He chose a political fundraiser over responsible hunting. Unethical, slob hunter. Stenseth fan, I have no problem with your Uncle Don, nor you. Both of you sound like you did the right thing--wounded a deer and tried to retrieve it. Pawelenty failed to do that. Unethical slob hunter.

The guy who demanded a source for my information about illegal hunting on the rise--I provided the links but have heard nothing back from you. Did you even bother to read them? Or is your mind made uyp already and you don't want to be bothered by the facts?

Oh, and the rest of you know-it alls who think you're debating with a "tree hugger", non-hunter, PETA member or worse. I'd gladly put my deer scorecard over the past 40 years up against ANY of you. And if this shouldn't be an issue just because it's the governor, well then why is the Governor's Deer Opener such a huge media event? Isn't he "just another hunter?"

I've made my point on this topic. I'm actually surprised--and disappointed--that even among this crowd, there are so many defenders of slob hunters and unethical hunting practices. Maybe hunters do deserve the bad rap they get more often than I thought if the response here is any indication.

22lex:

--- Quote from: BuckBomber on November 11/13/09, 08:36:17 AM ---
The guy who demanded a source for my information about illegal hunting on the rise--I provided the links but have heard nothing back from you. Did you even bother to read them? Or is your mind made uyp already and you don't want to be bothered by the facts?

--- End quote ---

Yes Mr./Mrs. Buckbomb I did check your resources out and there are valid concerns on baiting, and the confiscation of guns from people in some of the northern reaches of the state. I don't dispute that at all. I don't condone it by any means, but I also don't see a correlation of baiting to what you claim the gov. of our state is in your opinion. Does the validation that there is a possible rise in baiting, a correlation to what happened this past weekend (ie;unrecovered game), and are they linked in some way? I don't think so.

As for your impressions of what I think you may be posing as, well I guess when you speak of hunters as a second person not including yourself....you do the math. If you think everyone who is voicing their distaste in someone randomnly joining a website for the sole purpose to bash an event is condoning unethical practices, then you definately have some stuff to work out. I don't think we are condoning unethical hunting as you have so blatently proclaimed in your first 5 or 6 posts on here, and I am sorry you are so angry and feel that way. I don't know what else to tell you besides your depiction of hunters on this website is incorrect.

I hope you stick around to engage in some meaningful discussions because this website is full of information regarding "ethical" hunting/fishing/and pretty much everything outdoors that might shed a different light on what you feel is the current norm.

One last thought though, in general I don't believe hunters use scorecards in case you have to pose as one again.

JohnWester:
22Alex, couldn't have said it better myself.  I think I'll lock this thread down now so we can all move on.  If any one wishes to discuss it further, feel free to PM each other.  I think all have said their peace.  if you wish to continue the discussion about slob hunters, with out bashing, I believe there is another thread started on that topic.

I am going out to the woods with my son to try and get him a deer.  He had a shot at a monster buck last weekend, but got excited and then the deer ran before he could shot.  I asked him if he could see it in the scope and he said yeah, but I didn't want to gut shot it.

good luck all

Randy Kaar:
I agree John, Lock it... And lets move on to the rest of the deer season!

randy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version