Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Trip of "10's"  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Thursday night I got out to the perm and did some fishing, after some technical difficulties I ended up with a limit of 10 crappies by Friday morning.  :fishing2: Best bite was from 7-8 pm and 5a.m. was pretty fast and ferious . Lots of little ones through out the night . During th day there are smaller sunnies around and lots of perch, not much for size with the perch yet but a few keepers. Friday morning I had a decent sized pike attack the camera again and I got him recorded on my aqua vu recorder the second time he attacked the cam! After the second time I put a tip up in one of the holes in the perm with a 7 inch sucker and a rattle wheel with a  minnow on the other side of the house and the cam in the other corner. (This all happened around 4 p.m friday) Needless to say when I woke up from my nap around 5:20 the flag was up ! I gently pulled on the line and the weight felt like it was wrapped around the camera cable. (it was) I could see the cable moving so i figured it as just that, after pulling several feet of fireline up and realizing that the cam is not up yet I felt a big tug and the fish took off on a full throttle dash! As I try to not get my fingers cut off by the fire line I hear the rattle wheel going off , so now she has 2 lines wrapped up. after a short battle I could see her head at the bottom of the ice and I got her to turn easily but when her head came out of the water she did the death roll and got all wrapped up in the line. finally got her hoisted up and out of the water but I could not see my lure ! after some wrestling with her to open her mouth I had to cut the line and keep the fish . She ate a pretty big Swedish Pimple.
So I had 10 crappies
10 radio stations(first time to install a radio in the perm)
10lb pike
10 bottle bass
10lbs of propane burned
10 gallons of gas to get theere and back
10 missed bites
10 mountain dews
Just lots of "10's" this trip  ;D

There also was roughly a 10" crappie in her stomach
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline fishercz20

• Outdoorsman
I give you a perfect 10 for your story.  :fishing2: :toast:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Great story and I assume a great time was had by all.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
All those tens and no mention of Bo Dereck?
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm way too young to know who Bo Derek is :scratch:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
I guess there are some advantages to being older.   You missed out.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess there are some advantages to being older.   You missed out.

Yes he did!
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Alright  , just did a quick google search and ya she is fine but no "10" I'm dating a 10 , well maybe a 11 . I have pics on my phone but she wont let me post em  :cry:

Offline 7outof10

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
nice to see you can catch fish drummer lol jk i need to make it out to your house this year to enjoy the heater that i put in there lol i miss her  :cry:

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like a great day out on the ice.  That is a nice pike, worth the fight and lures im sure!
Congrats on the meal, that pike looks like it has a pretty full stomach, probably been chowing down on more than 1 of those 10" crappies!

GREAT STORY!

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
the heater that i put in there
oh really?  :police: I guess I never helped or let u use any of my tools  :scratch:  :moon: