Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Governor's Opener... on Kab update  (Read 3079 times)

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Leech lake guide, Walker, Mn.
Sorry for the late report on my hosting for the Gov's opener on Kab. my guests Bob & Ginny Riege just sent me the Pics.

We got in the water at 5:30 Am and I fished a spot close to the park ten minutes later we had a nice 20" walleye in the boat by Ginny. Camera time.

Bob & Ginny are writers and do outdoor Promo's and have many articles in magazines like Outdoornews.

Ginny always reminds me I need to get them on big fish, so the pressure is on. The weather was great Sat. and I did go out and graph my spots Fri. to find some fish. We ended up catching 8 wallleys too big 17.5" and the biggest was 22.5" which Bob Riege caught, fishing in 8 to 12ft with the wind blowing in jigs and shiners, also caught was a few northerns biggest 25" trolling cranks.

My friend Russ had his son Dan fishing by me and Dan caught a nice 22" walleye he was real happy. If you worked the windy shore as I did you would pick a fish up every pass the fish were scattered. Nice day to be out on Kab, great area to fish in our Park system. Give it a try.

Pic's from the Opener. Fish, tent for Gov's fish fry and Bob & Ginny with fish Gov and myself signing my hat.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/25/10, 04:24:37 PM by fishnutbob »
Bob Auel
Leech lake Guide with www.leisureoutdooradventures.com Guide Boat 2007 19' 3" warrior
218-836-2014

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
Thank's for the report Bob !!
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
VERY NICE PICTURES, Glad to see you guys had some decent luck!  Looks like an awesome weekend!

Thanks for the nice report!!!   :fishing2: