Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bobby Bass Challenge  (Read 19369 times)

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
    :coffee:

Well at least one person was in there to take the picture..........which is good enough for me. bwahahahahaha
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    :coffee:

Well at least one person was in there to take the picture..........which is good enough for me. bwahahahahaha
Picture was taken by a remote bomb robot :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well just a week away before I take Hunterdown to school and show him how to fish a Buzz bait.  :fishing:  At least the good part is under my tutelage he should be able to boat a northern and upgrade his fish in the Challenge.  :happy1:  Guess we better keep an eye out for the General lurking in the reeds looking for free pointers. Of course that should not be a big problem because the name of the lake is a closely guarded secret that will only be revealed to Hunterdown over a secure cell line at six in the morning.  :police:  I already know we are having pickled fish and eggs for lunch on the lake.   :happy1: Maybe even some of them little sausages that come in them pop open cans.  :popcorn:  That is if there any left after we use them for trailers on our buzz baits!  :blues brothers:
Bobby Bass

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, I'm bring'in the pickled fish...that way Bobby has something to eat while I catch all the fish.

I hope he brings a bigger net than that minnow scouper he uses for them little bass he catches.

Might have to bring the Muskie net for that big one I'm gonna catch!  :fishing:
« Last Edit: August 08/23/10, 02:25:12 PM by Hunterdown »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Clock is tickin! looks like Sunday will be a warm one with a chance of some rain on challenge day Monday. Hope Hunterdown brings a ran coat this time.
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Hunterdown and I will be fishing on a lake along the I-35 corridor. Looks to be warm and breezy with a chance of thunderstorms. No matter what we will share a cigar and small lies about this summers fishing. With any luck at all I will have some footage and we will have a video to share. Of course most of it will be of me reeling in fish and maybe Hunter doing some netting for me.  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
You guys going to Sturgeon?

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Netting? As I recall  :scratch: Had a 40 incher on... and someone said they didn't want that slimmy thing in the boat.....  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember it as more like someone losing a reported 40 incher :whistling: off a reed bank that I brought them to... and as for netting I am kidding I would never have Hunterdown net my fish, heck the only reason he is going is so I have another license that I can fill!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Maybe we should swing by and pick up Randy! :happybounce:
Bobby Bass

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I remember it as more like someone losing a reported 40 incher :whistling: off a reed bank that I brought them to... and as for netting I am kidding I would never have Hunterdown net my fish, heck the only reason he is going is so I have another license that I can fill!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Maybe we should swing by and pick up Randy! :happybounce:

hhhhhmmmmm.....I thought there was no limit on rough fish?   :whistling:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
It's ok Hunter... in 24 hrs it will all be over for another year!  :fishing:
Bobby Bass

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, I know....

But, my wall is getting covered from all them  :moon: whoop'in trophies.

Guess I'll have to add another shelf.  ;D

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Hunter you got to stop going to them rummage sales on Saturdays and buying up them old softball trophes and making the baseball bats look like northerns! You are starting to sound like the General!  I guess he must be fishing, no one has seen him for awhile, guess catching a 19 inch bass ain't all that easy, for him anyway  :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Well, that's all that was left...you bought all the football trophies and painted the footballs to look like green grass carp.  :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:   I see you guys had a nice breeze for your challenge.   ;D ;D
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Well, it was a great day on the water...

Started off with a little rain, got windy, then hot and humid.
Between the 2 of us we boated 51 fish. 26 Nortons and 25 grass carp.
I lost my share of pike as Bobby tried to put a bigger lead on the rough fish.
Even with a piece of pickled fish hanging out of his mouth, he could land more bass than a human could possibly catch.  :rotflmao:

We tied at 13 Pike a piece, and I kept 3 bound for the pickling jar.
17 bass for him and 8 for me. (not bad for me, especially when you are trying not to catch them)

Anaway, we had fun...
And as always, they don't call him Bobby Bass for nuth'in!  :bow:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I hope you gave him your biggest Pike to take a picture of HD..........Might actually give me a challenge then.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope you gave him your biggest Pike to take a picture of HD..........Might actually give me a challenge then.
You know what gets old...you have this backhanded way of accusing people that they don't or can't catch their own fish. Frankly it's old and it's a bunch of  :bs: Bobby
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the 2010 Challenge is completed but there was some talk at the landing over a Mexican cigar about perhaps a second get together this fall still. Some rain fell to start the day but that was replaced by some warm windy weather. High water on the lake made a lot of docks sit low in the water. We had the place pretty much to ourselves except for an eagle and an osprey out looking for breakfast.  A mess of geese started to head our way but I think they spotted Hunter and flared away. Lots of small bass and an equal amount of northerns found their way to the Puddle Humper. Hunter was adapt at showing how to release northerns right at the boat with out even touching them! We did have a mandatory time out as a couple of young loons followed us down the shoreline and tried to run my lure down. I would have had a great shot of a swimming loon right at the boat except I forgot to have the camera running. Finally tally for the morning was 25 bass and 26 northerns so I guess we were northern fishing, but then I am always fishing northerns when I am with Hunterdown. Here is a short video of the day just like most of our fish.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz6kk0-pwZU
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
You know what gets old...you have this backhanded way of accusing people that they don't or can't catch their own fish. Frankly it's old and it's a bunch of  :bs: Bobby

I hope your Blood Pressure is ok BB. :oops1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Very Nice video.........good times.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

I think the pickled pike sammies are kikkin in!!!  ;D ;D
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

I think the pickled pike sammies are kikkin in!!!  ;D ;D
Ya, we ran out of them little crackers!
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  You guys should start walleye fishing.   You can eat them without soaking them in vinager, marinating them in lye and putting them on something salty to draw out the taste.  It is true the eye is a bit tougher to catch. ;)   I know for a fact that the general can do it so that leaves the door open for everyone.  :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Some day soon before you get to old to fish DDS I'll teach you how to catch a few walleyes.  That way just maybe you could help your team out.   ;D

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     :blablabla:  My team needs no help from me.  Your team won't even admit you are part of it.  They ran for cover.  :doah:  :surrender:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Yeah i see your point.  Being the Smackdown King is something I'm sure intimidates everyone.  Some run for the hills and some make an ATTEMPT to hang.   :happy1:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :spam: How could a respectable thread about Hunterdown and myself fishing sink so low as to have comments about walleye in it :doah:
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
:spam: How could a respectable thread about Hunterdown and myself fishing sink so low as to have comments about walleye in it :doah:

Pfft.........How respectable can a thread be if it has the likes of HD and BB in it anyway?   :happy1: