Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Pheasants???  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Jeremy (Yeti)

• Outdoorsman
Anyone know of anywhere to find pheasants in this area?  I in Moorhead, MN and would like to find somewhere that's not to much of a drive to shoot some birds.  Mostly I just wanna get my dog out and get her working.  I hunt Western North Dakota and Kansas once a year but I would like to get her out somewhere before I head to those place.  Any help will do and thanks.
There's nothing like a day in the stand.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
If I were you I would just start heading South... Wake up at 6 am hit the road and drive south until 8:45 and then slowly hunt your way back. Get a map that shows public lands and knock on some doors if you have to. Thats what I would do.  :happy1:

Offline Jeremy (Yeti)

• Outdoorsman
That is what I usually do and I did have some luck with that last year but I just thought I would see what other options were out there.  Thanks.
There's nothing like a day in the stand.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Right out of Pelican Rapids there used to be a pheasant farm - they knocked it down about 5 years ago, or so, but there seem to be alot of birds still around that area.  Its mostly farms though, dont think any of its public - I think knocking on the doors is the best option.
MNO is right, drive south and you are in pheasant heaven  :happy1:
I am up in your next of the woods all the time for fishing - but never pheasant hunted up there!