Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Hello!!  (Read 7652 times)

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Just want to say hello from DL area and looking forward to meeting you all. I hope I will be able to add a little somthing here and there on some of the different topics.
Thanks for having me!! :newhere:
Where did I catch all these fish you ask??? right in the lip....

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
 ::welcome:: ::welcome:: to MNO - we look forward to hearing from you from up there by DL.

I frequent our lake place up there quite often and know many people around there.
Love the area, lots of great fishing - if you have any fishing reports, dont hesitate to post them, we are all curious how the fish are biting around the state!
« Last Edit: November 11/17/10, 06:12:52 PM by MTCOMMER »

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
 ::welcome::  Looking forward to your next post.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
pull up a stool and crack a fresh one...
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
pull up a stool and crack a fresh one...

Just one??? LOL thanks guys.. :tequila;

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
well then why not 2 or 3  ::welcome::
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Welcome to MNO!

::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome::

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  What took you so long?  :scratch: We have been waiting for you.  Oh well, better late then never!!    ::welcome:: ::welcome::
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I've always dreamed of having a pickle farmer on the site.   :dancinred:
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I've always dreamed of having a pickle farmer on the site.   :dancinred:

Get ready to live!!! ;D ;D ;D
Thanks guys..

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Welcome Pickelfarmer.  Tell us a little about what you like to do.  Hunting, fishing, camping etc.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline tmjhamann

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Troy Hamann

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
So how is the DL area doing?? Any ice up there for the ice guys yet? Please say no... i'm ready for April!  :happy1:
 ::welcome::

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
So how is the DL area doing?? Any ice up there for the ice guys yet? Please say no... i'm ready for April!  :happy1:

No Ice on the lakes yet but most of the ponds are frozen over. I got out in the boat today for about 3 hours and picked up 3 walleyes and a ton of Northerns. I didn't keep any but I should have kept the northerns I finally figured out how to fillet them boneless.

Welcome Pickelfarmer.  Tell us a little about what you like to do.  Hunting, fishing, camping etc.

I live in the Detroit Lakes area and When time allows I like to fish, hunt and camp.  We just bought a pop up camper last summer and love it. We do alot of camping in the summer.

As for fishing, I enjoy fall fishing the most. I do a little Ice fishing but no where near as much as I do in the fall. I like to get out at least once or twice a week in the fall. I don't keep alot of fish but I usally have enough for a meal or 2.
Hunting is pretty limited for me. I muzzleload for deer and love to grouse hunt. I really enjoy hunting and can't wait for fall to get here then it seems like with kids in school and work it just flys by..
Anyway enough about me. 

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Which lakes are you fishing around there - you on Detriot Lake?  I do most my fishing on Franklin (where our cabin is) and a little bit on Lida.

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Which lakes are you fishing around there - you on Detriot Lake?  I do most my fishing on Franklin (where our cabin is) and a little bit on Lida.

I fish mostly east of Detroit lakes. I don't give out the names since some of the lakes I fish are smaller and could get fished out pretty easy. I do fish DL a little in the summer but not much.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Understandable - no need to share!   :happy1:
Good luck up there - we have a member from Perham (Wildlifeminnesota), he does alot of fishing in that area too!
Once again  ::welcome::  We look forward to seeing your posts around the site! 

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

It look like your dream had come true MNO It April now  :whistling:

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Understandable - no need to share!   :happy1:
Good luck up there - we have a member from Perham (Wildlifeminnesota), he does alot of fishing in that area too!
Once again  ::welcome::  We look forward to seeing your posts around the site! 

Yes I do, I would say I have fish a lot of lake around here if not all,
I just see this post and thou I would say Hi and  ::welcome::

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i know someone from a different site that fishes franklin. a mike and jeaneen swan, know them! you will regognize her cause she will more than likely have a miller lite in her hand!

oh yea and pickelfarmers fav lake up there is sugar bush!!!!!!!!!!!!! training-087 training-087 :rocker; :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
i know someone from a different site that fishes franklin. a mike and jeaneen swan, know them! you will regognize her cause she will more than likely have a miller lite in her hand!

oh yea and pickelfarmers fav lake up there is sugar bush!!!!!!!!!!!!! training-087 training-087 :rocker; :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

LOL. Yeah yeah sugar bush!!!!!

I have heard reports that the crappie bite has now started in the ottertail river up here. Problem is you can not fish the river alone HWY 10.Its posted by the DNR.  Like I said before I don't like to give out spots but there are places along the river that you can get to that are not off limits. I have heard of a few fish caught between Frazee and Perham. I personally have not caught a fish on the ottertail yet this year. This coming week I am going to try.

Glenn, Are you still coming up this summer to fish Sugarbush??? I always have an open seat for you. Maybe then you will see that I can not buy a fish on any lake!!   :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yeah i'd like to!!!!!!!!!!! my wifes folks use to fish marion lake south of perham too, did ok there a few times also. maybe i could show ya how to catch fish then!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really would like to see about that sugar bush though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!