Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Drop axle fish house frames?  (Read 21044 times)

Offline Stensethfan

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Anyone have any idea who has the best deals on drop axle fish house frames?  I want to build my own house on top so it can be multifunctional.  I know I am going to shell out a couple thousand for a frame and materials so I want to build it so it works for me all year round.  Just want to know who people have dealt with and liked.  Who has the best quality for the money, etc.  Thank you in advance!
Don't shoot anything you do not plan on eating ~ D. S.
If the women don't find you handsome at least they will find you handy!  Red Green

Offline bonecollecter82

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I thought this was kind of a good deal??? Just depends on the size your looking for I guess
http://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/rvs/2054207738.html
What makes a BoneCollector?
They are the hunters that have the passion to go to the ends of the earth, in pursuit of the basic hunter instincy that was instilled in us at birth and is so often taken away in society.

Offline kcarder

• Outdoorsman
Just make sure that where ever you get it from that the frame is made from at least 2x3 tubing.  It will be stronger, not twist, etc.  It doesn't make sense that they build some of the frames out of 2.5 x 2.5 angle since the cost is almost the same as 2 x 3 tube.  It doesn't save any money and only causes headaches.
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."
                                 A.K. Best

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
If it was me I'd be looking for one with a Torsion axle like on a boat trailer.  Almost every fish house frame I've seen DOES NOT have these and they are all junk unless you're just going to be pulling to the local lake and leave it.  They are not made to be pulled up and down the highway.  I can't remember the name of the company that makes the fish house frame  with the torsion axle, but I believe they are in Northern Iowa.  Maybe some other companies have started using this design, I haven't checked in a few years.  But I know i wouldn't want to be the guy going to Red Lake and the tire falls off.  It also sounds like you maybe want to use it as a camper too.  Save money other places do not skimp by on the frame.  Something like this is the only way to go in my book.

« Last Edit: December 12/04/10, 10:28:16 AM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Stensethfan

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks for the tips guys!  This is going to be a project to keep me busy for a while, so I am starting to kick ides around...I appreciate the insight!
Don't shoot anything you do not plan on eating ~ D. S.
If the women don't find you handsome at least they will find you handy!  Red Green