Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Anyone have a Green Hornet?  (Read 12972 times)

Offline kcarder

• Outdoorsman
Does anyone have a pattern to cut the handle for a "Green Hornet"?

I have always wanted to build one and have looked around the net for a pattern and have only seen some good examples that I could go by but no patterns. 

I have thought that it would be funny to have a couple of these and pull it out to go fishin' with when I am with some of my buddies.  I figured that it would be a good laugh if it wasn't a good fishing rod.
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."
                                 A.K. Best

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
A lot of guys make these and sell them on ebay.  It looks like a pretty simple pattern.  I think most of them charge about 20$ for them.   Problem is most of the young guys probably would not know what it was. :whistling:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The green hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about, DDS!
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
        General,  do us all a favor an do NOT replace the batteries in those screaming tip ups you have.  Every time those sirens go off guys are tossing their extra rods down the hole and half the restaurants on the lake lose their cooks.    It would be different if you actually landed anything.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline katfishkeith

• Outdoorsman
  • Here kitty kitty
I'm still chasin Catfish Hunter, but I don't think the green hornet could handle him!
I am the luckiest husband, my wife, Mrs Katfish brings home fishin lures instead of shoes n clothes......

Offline kcarder

• Outdoorsman
It's been a while since I've posted.  Went home to OK for Christmas.  When I was there I watched the movie several times pausing it in the places where you could see the green hornet and came up with a pattern.  I will snap a few pictures and post them. 
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."
                                 A.K. Best

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
They used to have the actual pole at Cabela's, Gander, or Sportsmans.  I can't remember which one though.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline lhprop1

• Outdoorsman
A lot of guys make these and sell them on ebay.  It looks like a pretty simple pattern.  I think most of them charge about 20$ for them.   Problem is most of the young guys probably would not know what it was. :whistling:

I make them and sell them for $25.  I've got an ad posted on c-list.  They're not hard to make, but the paint job is time consuming (I put on 4-5 coats) and rod tips are fairly expensive because I have to go buy the cheapest ice rods I can find and cut the handles off them.  If anyone knows where to get old rod tips I could use without having to buy a whole new rod, the price would probably go down.   
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline lhprop1

• Outdoorsman
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

Offline quazzy02

Does anyone have a pattern to cut the handle for a "Green Hornet"?

I have always wanted to build one and have looked around the net for a pattern and have only seen some good examples that I could go by but no patterns. 

I have thought that it would be funny to have a couple of these and pull it out to go fishin' with when I am with some of my buddies.  I figured that it would be a good laugh if it wasn't a good fishing rod.

New Age Green Hornet

« on: Today at 09:04 AM »

Grumpy Old Men is one of my all time favorite movies. I have been wanting to buy a Green Hornet rod for some time now. I have been looking for sometime trying to find pictures of the original one online and trying to find a true duplicate. Everything I came across online for sale was different colors than the original and didn’t look good.

I actually tracked down the guy that owns 1 of the original Green Hornet rods that was used in the movie. The guy was nice enough to send me some pictures of the original Green Hornet rod he owns and talked to me about how he became the owner of it.

Well then the wheels in my head got turning and I came up with an idea to make a “New Age Green Hornet” that is a usable ice rod. I contacted a couple rod builders and ran my ideas of what I was thinking past them. I found 1 local rod builder here in Minnesota called Diamond Custom Rods that liked my idea and was willing to try and make it a reality.

He just sent me a few pictures and I think he is doing an excellent job and the rod is turning out better than I even had pictured it in my head! Let me know what you guys think?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
That's pretty cool!  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :applause: :happy1 :Almost looks to nice to use. ;D
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's