Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing Prescott 4-2-11  (Read 2149 times)

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
River Dan and I got out fishing Pool 3 out of Prescott this morning. We had planned to go down to pool 4 but Dan fished it yesterday and didn't have a lot of luck so we thought we would try Prescott. We started in the main channel in some faster current with little luck. We were both jigging plastics and had a lindy rig down as well. We moved in closer to some docs and I pulled in a small sauger on my lindy rod.

We moved down to a different spot, one that had produced in years past at this time of year. The fishing there was pretty tough but we got it to produce. The action was not fast and furious but, with patience, it gave us our bounty. We pulled in a couple of keepers and then I got the biggest of the day at 22" and very fat. For Dan and I fish over 19" go back in the river. This one was also full of eggs so it for sure had to go back. We continued fishing and I think I got one more keeper. Dan got a couple of more keepers. We had great luck on the Lindy Rods with fatheads and Dan pulled in a few on a hair iig with a minnow. We had a couple of hits on plastic, but they just didn't want it today. We did get several smaller fish and a few in the 20's that went back.

We also had the sheriffs pull up and check us out. They are pretty familiar with Dan's boat. Of course we were totally legal. They measured our smaller and it was well over the minimum size. So we chatted for a minute and they were on there way. I told them it was too bad they weren't out there earlier as there were a lot of boaters breaking the no wake zone.

Dan dropped me off at the dock at 4 and then went back out till dark. I believe he caught a couple more out there.

My 22" fatty.

Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Here are some pics of the parking lot, or what used to be the parking lot, at the Prescott Launch. You can see the fishing peer is a long way from shore now and even street signs under water.

This is the point by the railroad bridge. Absolutely no land there anymore. What is normally 18 FOW is now around 30 FOW!!!

Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a great day on the river - nice to see some eyes being pulled up!   :fishing2:

Nice report!