Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: St. Croix Fishing 3-5-11  (Read 2250 times)

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I received a call from my great friend River Dan asking if Lizzy and I wanted to hit the water. Of course the answer was yes.

I was out fished not only by the "Doctor Of Fish Therapy" but also by my five year old daughter!

Dan had a few fish in the boat when we got there. He picked us up and we went out to where he had been catching them. I was going to put a pink/white jig on Lizzy's rod but she said "No Dad, I want that green sparkle one". So I rigged her up with what she wanted, put on the plastic and tipped it with a minnow and we commenced fishing.

Well Dan got a couple and I sucked!! Then, Lizzy said "I have a bite". I said "yea right" and she said "No Dad, see, I'm reeling it in".

Yep, my five year old schooled me on the first fish. She felt the bite, set the hook and brought it in the boat. No net, my baby girl swings her fish in the boat!! It was a smaller 14" sauger, but she wouldn't let me through it back and not to argue with her, I was going to let her have this moment. Needless to say, that's all I needed for the night, my trip was worth it.   :bow:

Dan continued to put on a clinic while I pulled in a rock bass!   :cry:

All in all we had a very good night on the water. I did finally set the hook on the last fish of the night, only to have Lizzy grab my rod and say "I got it Dad".

Here's Lizzy with the mess of fish we caught tonight.

I'm very blessed to have a great friend like River Dan as well as such a treasure of a daughter.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:  :happy1:

AWESOME day on the water - Lizzy looks like she had a blast, lets hope she continues to school when it comes to fishing, that will keep her on the water  :fishing2:

Great story!!!