Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New Pup!  (Read 25281 times)

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Duncan Report- Last night the shop door was open and Duncan went in and got the dummy off the work bench and took it outside. He tossed it a few times in my direction till I finally went over and picked it up and tossed it for him. This morning I am scratching my head and wondering if I was throwing the dummy for him to retrieve or was he getting me off the deck to get some exercise...  :scratch:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
A couple of shots of Duncan working out for this years grouse season, if you hum the theme to Rocky it will put you in the right mood!

« Last Edit: August 08/03/13, 01:07:03 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL,now thats funny! My pup does the same thing,after we work out with the chuck-it he'll run with the ball to the back 40 and leave it,then come over and nose the thrower and give me the look like "lets go some more" and look where he left the ball like he wants me to get up and go get it...Dang dogs train us better than we train them.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
So you have seen that look eh! if I am just chucking the dummy, then anything goes. If I get serious and put his collar on with the bell and take out the whistle then he knows we are all business. Of course when he plays hide the dummy then I get a wing out and play hide the wing, thing is his nose is so much better then my eyes that he wins every time!!
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't have a bird picture but I do have a update with Duncan finding pumpkins!
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Duncan report, Guess it has been awhile since I have written anything about the young lad, mostly because he has not gotten into any trouble! Has had a few run in's with a skunk but he learned his lesson well last summer and he keeps his distance now. He will however put on a barking exhibition and if he could pound his chest with his paws I think he would. This summer he has had a running battle with the chipmunks who raid the strawberry bed, he has not caught any but he has made them think about life a few times. He has blazing speed, especially when compared to the old dogs Bud and Barney. With a couple of new grand kids just starting to walk he has taken over Bud's place as the baby sitter. To my surprise he has learned how to point, nothing I have been working with him on but he will throw a point on a fly on the deck and hold it. I know that is not a big deal but now he has been doing it on the chipmunks and on rabbits in the garden. His biggest point to date was on a red fox just last week on the other side of the garden. I had a good vantage point to watch the stare down between the two of them, both were frozen watching the other. At least that is what I thought till I saw the bunny in the garden between them flick his ears, then it was the three of us watching and we were all on point.
Bobby Bass

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah man isn't that great,its great fun watching'em mature.Thanx for the report.

Offline FCSpringer

• Outdoorsman
    • bluerivergundogs.com
Good luck with him. I just sent our litter packing except mine and one leaving with his owner on a plane to NC this weekend. Nice to see them get to new homes.
When you think you are smarter then your dog, ask yourself, "Who cleans up who's poo"

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Duncan "Guarding the Garden Gate"

He has lost that Puppy look..
Bobby Bass

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
pretty dog!!!!!! I gotz me one of them spoiled chocolate labs to and yea she lost her puppy look a while back too!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Spoiled? na.... He lets me give him dog bones anytime he wants and hides my shoes under my desk. He will not let me sleep pass ten in the morning no matter what time I go to bed and he insists on having his window open in the Tahoe no matter how cold it is outside, Spoiled, of course not  :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
naw mine either. sleeps in bed with me most the time. needs to ride in the front seat of the truck and not in back mine wont let me sleep pass 5;30 6 am because its breakfast time and she is the best 5;30 pm alarm clock on the planet. supper time. lays on the couch like she owns the place......NAW mine aint spoiled either.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Duncan trying to get to his treats before we even start to hunt!

Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Duncan working in the snow, which is half the season up here.

Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused:      Duncan is now the old man around here, He had his seventh birthday on Feb 1st   :happy1:  I almost forgot... :angel:
Bobby Bass