Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Mission Lac Seul  (Read 2013 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   ATI jigs has set up a summer long field test at Lac Seul, Canada.  A good friend of mine that fishes Lac Seul all summer and has worked with me to design a jig specifically designed for for this lake.  The idea came about last summer sitting around a camp fire.  I was talking about jig design and hook shank length.   The owner of Fisherman's Cove and my friend Danno both though the shanks should be longer because the walleyes rarely engulf the jig head and minnow.  More often then not they will try to pluck the minnow from the jig head.  (short strike).  I saw it in action so I have kept in touch and have come up with the New Danno jigs and Lac Seul jigs.  We will be reporting the field test results here.  I also have a couple of variations so that we can see if we are on to something.  If in fact these work the way we think' they should work as well in other bodies of water.  Danno's wife showed him how to work the computer and they have WI FI at Fisherman's Cove so we should be able to get reports here.  I will be going there in August and hope to have the colors and eye sizes narrowed down.  We talked about this a little last fall in this forum.  The real test is about to happen.   :Clap:   If they don't work it will be posted here as well.   Stay tuned.  Danno will be checking in once he gets set up. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
     I did get one chance to try these out in Minnesota.  This was on the lake of no fish.  They did work on other species so I am excited to see the results from a place that actually has fish in it.  Look for reports in about 2 weeks.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.