Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635776 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey fellers............... how's the snow holding out.  i mean in the woods.........like if i wanna walk back to my deer stand way back in the woods.?? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not much left in our yard after the rain yday. Most of it is where we piled it up plowing
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No standing water on the ice this am, so I made it out :fishing:. First hole I popped & 1st time down, I managed to catch 1. :happy1: That was it for the day, 2-3 hrs, though. Found 18" of good clear ice everywhere. A little slick out there & gettin off. Cooler overnight & not as much wind they're sayin for tomorrow, so hopin to give it another shot :fish2:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Driving to rapids sure don't see much snow off n the woods. Actually didn't see any till hill city. Thinking weekend after next will require a weekend at the cabin. Shouldn't be any snow by then.

Sitting at Tioga beach there are 5 wheelers out on pokegema! Judging by the ice sitting from the augered holes there can't be a whole lot there?

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
There were still a couple of trucks on Bow Saturday. Crazy!! There is still a lot of ice there but no way I would have been out there in a truck. The water that was standing on the ice Friday was gone Saturday so the ice is going to go fast now.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There were still a couple of trucks on Bow Saturday. Crazy!! There is still a lot of ice there but no way I would have been out there in a truck. The water that was standing on the ice Friday was gone Saturday so the ice is going to go fast now.
:scratch: :scratch: Hmmm no mention of any fish caught??? pouty-1023.gif :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No mention of the goose either ;) :rotflmao: The shoreline ice on the north end of our lot looks pretty iffy today. :scratch: Not sure I'd put foot on it without givin it a rap with the bar 1st. confused-3316.gif
« Last Edit: March 03/27/17, 06:24:33 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Went out and the goose must have had the weekend off. Saw him fly over but never stopped so we went where the raven was standing. We figured it was doing the weekend shift but no fish there. You can't trust that fill in help I guess. So we stopped by the banana peel on the ice and managed 15 crappies for two guys. The next day we had five guys and fishing was tough. Did manage a few but very slow. Sunday went to a small lake and got a mess of decent sunfish. Nothing huge but nice eaters. Good trip to end the season. Let the open water come!!         :happy1:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Kool merc we got our first meal of open water sunnies an crappie a few days ago.Dock fishin for crappie starts this evening,see if they may be in?
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so gunner..............ya tip toe out on the ice yesterday or today????????????? :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not since Sunday :fishing:, probably start putting it away soon. They could put the nets in over on Cutfoot if they wanted. I'm sure they won't for a while though as a couple years ago they put them in early & then it got cold. They were in for 6 weeks that year. Must've seen 8 boats on the road today goin to town, most were on 46 headed north.
« Last Edit: March 03/30/17, 05:24:44 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well survived my trip north. even found my hunting knife I somehow lost deer hunting. lake was ice free when I pulled in Friday afternoon which surprised me. loons are back and a lot of ducks and geese. got all my projects done plus all the ones my mom gave me. hauled and split wood but had to quit today...back said I had to much fun yesterday.

fished from shore sat afternoon. caught about 10 sunfish, all went back. they seemed pretty spooky. musta know I was after them!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: watched the eagles working on there nest.....that was fun to watch!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My favorite fishing, sunnies in the shallows. I would think this is really early yet but the fish master can catch them any time I guess. Going up next week to do a little work, might have to throw the rod in and check out a few spots. Glad you had a good weekend!!!       :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
fish master, know how come Reb says other wise?
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
cause REB don't know better!!!!!!!!!! mooning-448.gif mooning-448.gif :laughroll: :fish2: :fish2:

dontcha know mike ........women love me........... fish fear me!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
cause REB don't know better!!!!!!!!!! mooning-448.gif mooning-448.gif :laughroll: :fish2: :fish2:

dontcha know mike ........women love me........... fish fear me!!!!!!!!!!

I seen a t-shirt like that once, did you make it?? :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It was invented because of me! :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
But the back of glenns shirt says ........... and then I wake up :rotflmao: :rotflmao: sleazy-422.gif

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
But the back of glenns shirt says ........... and then I wake up :rotflmao: :rotflmao: sleazy-422.gif
:banghead: :banghead: hey now!!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: tut_tut-3315.gif :censored: :doah: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

AWE  go fix your harley!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

AWE  go fix your harley!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

don't have to, she be ready to go where she sits!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This is what I dealt with up north sat nite this past weekend!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy smokes gunner..........you bailed from up there just in time. winter weather advisory. potential 3 inches of snow, lotz of freezing rain and  the talk is issues with power lines and ice on trees!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The Weather Channels forcast for Squaw Lake said snow until about noon maybe 1, more (2-4") over north of the Range. Ice & freezing rain more over on the southern part of the North Shore. confused-3316.gif We'll see.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked the webcams nearby about 3:30 yesterday & it looked like it was done snowing. Enough to cover the ground had fallen but that was about it from what I could see.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like the 50-60's next week when i'm up there with no moisture for the most part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happybounce: :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: :rocker;

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't know if I would bet on that :scratch:, knowing your luck. ;) ;D Just peeked at the 10 day for Squaw Lake & it had a 50% chance for Thursday am, temps in the upper 50's to lower 60's. So you might get lucky, when you heading up? Long weekend?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
heading up next wed, the 3rd early. negotiations in rapids thurs friday....mon tues and wed the following week. agreement expires the 10th. hopefully done by then but doubt it. staying up there over the weekend!!!!! need to change oil and filters in the wheelers......do some fishing amongst other things.  :toast: :toast: :toast: