Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635602 times)

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I think I'm heading up the first part of the week. Depends on the weather which day I leave. Maybe I'll have to sneak over by you and clean the lake out before you get there. Probably out hiding in the deep water after this weather though.  I guess I just might have to do some work then. Or maybe the backup plan      :toast:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
you go fish'em deep............... i'm hitting my secret spots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: looks like only one soggy day so far!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like it's a good time to be down here with both of ya up there. ;) ;D
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like it's a good time to be down here with both of ya up there. ;) ;D
burp-402.gif burp-402.gif tut_tut-3315.gif tut_tut-3315.gif face_plant-2139.gif maybe!!!!!!!! looks like my pickled fish is safe then!!!!!! :rotflmao: oops i gotta make some yet!!!!!!!!!! :moon:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Did I hear someone say "pickled fish"? You know I know where you live and I'm not far away.      :happybounce:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
His are good :happy1:, He just never seems to have enough :fish2: so he can keep some pickled ones around. He gave me a jar to try after I gave him a mess of the ones they are trying to thin out of our lake.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
His are good :happy1:, He just never seems to have enough :fish2: so he can keep some pickled ones around. He gave me a jar to try after I gave him a mess of the ones they are trying to thin out of our lake.
well i do have material for 2 small batches or onw biggin left!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: just gotta string 10 days in a row together to cook'em up!!!!!!! always got room for more iffin ya catch dem little snot rockets!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks to be nicer, snows gone, up there the next 2 days than down here. Might be more snow for Monday though. :scratch:
« Last Edit: April 04/29/17, 08:14:52 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well with my work done gonna try and get some serious fishing in. so far the sunfish haven't been very cooperative. lots of dinks hopefully this weather today gets them going. I want a meal of fresh fish!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
How's the fire pit doin? ;) :rotflmao: The  :deer: told the :Fish: to hide :laughroll: Looks like we'll be headin back up Monday after Opener

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
obvisiuosly it HAD to get done..so they did it . I have since added some ashes to it!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

talkin about deer.............seen 26 driving to rapids yesterday and 8 today!!!!!! gonna give da fishies heck hopefully this afternoon.

they issued a fire weather warnin for the area. apparently its gonna get windy this afternoon. bummer!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Fire warning? I just got back from there and my land is almost under water. It is really wet there. Wow!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Things are still pretty brown yet. Had more to do with tempature low humidity and wind then anything.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Get any  :fish2:?
i actually kept 16 sunfish friday late afternoon after the wind settled down a bit. before that and sat nuttin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds to me like you had to many!!  should have given some away!! :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
To someone on a igauna orange HD right! :laugh: He probably ate them all himself as we all know that just about all the  :fish2: he catches are small ;) :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :banghead: :banghead: training-087 :taz: :taz: dont da bot of ya gotta go play in traffic oe somethin!!!!!!!!!!!!! face_plant-2139.gif tut_tut-3315.gif tut_tut-3315.gif :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao:

sunfish limit is 20. i had me fresh fish for din-din of 6 fish. brought the 10 leftover home fer anudder meal!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that would work gunner!!  but I do like catching my own fish!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, that's a lot more fun. :happy1: & if'n 57 can catch 'em  anybody can! ;) :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 fart-421.gif fart-421.gif fart-421.gif mooning-448.gif mooning-448.gif mooning-448.gif mooning-448.gif mooning-448.gif mooning-448.gif mooning-448.gif :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

you guys missed me..............didnt ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
like a hemorrhoid!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
like a hemorrhoid!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
you like hemorriods huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :moon: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yupper, when they are gone!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It got pretty nice yday afternoon so I decided to take the wheeler for a spin. Figured I would go over to the PA on Bowstring & see what it looked like now. The DNR did a good job of fixing it after the ice pushed the top 5 or 6 slabs of concrete 2-3' in the air. I followed a truck with a smaller( a little over 16') Crestliner over there. While there, I watched them launch & they had to back their truck in the water a long ways. By the time they got the boat off the trailer, using the outboard, only the front tires weren't in the water. There's NO WAY I would try to launch our Crestliner  FH 1750 at that access. If I wanted to fish that lake I would go to the Co Rd 35 PA. We could use some of Reb's rain. Probably won't get any until glenn comes back up though. :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
we used the 35 access sat last weekend with no issues. got only 1 eye and 3 perch. i did talk to one of our members yesterday, he fished bowstring thursday and did well!!!!!!!! the AIS people where there. nice kid. but holy hannah was that parking lot full sat. rigs parked almost all the way out to the highway!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That lake sees a lot of boats, I'm surprised it hasn't affected the fishing more. :scratch: People from other lakes, lots of resorters from all over the county, even the locals fish the snot out of it.It's just about as bad in the winter. Kind of glad they all go over there, means a lot less here. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i gotz tomorrow........friday off!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: da boss said when i asked for it...........glenn you work so dang hard........go for it. so look out itasca county and fish!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds more like a partner in crime!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil: