Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635597 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Some more open water there already today. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hardly ANY snow left on the north side of Geiger's ramp today. The way the Narrows cam looks I wouldn't be surpised to see it open all the way across in front that fishin pier by the end of the day today over there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
dang...….that hole really did open up since yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well...…….. :evil: I couldn't just let the DNR response go without a rebuttal………... :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
well...…….. :evil: I couldn't just let the DNR response go without a rebuttal………... :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :mooning: :pouty:                                              ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :mooning: :pouty:                                              ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No snow on the north side of Geiger's ramp today. That spot in front of the dock is really close to being open all the way across this am over there too. Some geese usin that spot on the NW corner already as well.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man that snow and ice is taking a beating up there lately!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, open all the way across at the Narrows now & lookin like the rest of it could go 'bout anytime.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The north & west side of the Narrows is open all the way to that fishing pier today, still some along shore on that side though. It looks like all the east side could be open by the end of the day today too IMO. There's a spot right at the end of Geiger's ramp that is close to opening up as well. It's goin fast :crazy:
« Last Edit: April 04/02/20, 08:55:46 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that's crazy how fast that's opening up, understanding though its probably moving water. wonder hoe the lake is  doing?????????

I may need to check the lakes around here! :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, lots of current there. Not much current over at Geiger's though. But it is the NW corner of the lake & that always opens 1st. I see TWC has a flood warning for the river around you.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
if I get flooded out, the city of cold spring is in a world of hurts!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here, a few streets next to river get flooded some years but that's at least 3 blocks from us & we're on a lot higher ground. :scratch: You up on top of the hill............................ :bs:..................... too?                                   ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here, a few streets next to river get flooded some years but that's at least 3 blocks from us & we're on a lot higher ground. :scratch: You up on top of the hill............................ :bs:..................... too?                                   ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:happy1: :happy1: yeppers!!!!!!!! and there's close to a mile from me to the river!!!!!!!  mayhaps 8 blocks for sure.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A small slice on the east side is all that's left today. Must be havin some weather :scratch: as the west cam is unusable, at the moment.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy crap, there's a lot of open water on 2 of the narrows cams...…….there is hope for spring up there!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Bettin ice out will be 2 weeks earlier than last, 2 years ago we had a little ice in our bay on Opening day yet.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Bettin ice out will be 2 weeks earlier than last, 2 years ago we had a little ice in our bay on Opening day yet.
there was a lot of ice when I was up last, but yesterday when we did our conference call Bill said the snow was disappearing really fast...……..

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
'Bout all that's left at Geiger's is where they pushed it into a pile right in front of the lodge. It's got to be a really tough time for those in that business right now. Bet a lot of the early season guests have cancelled. :crazy: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
'Bout all that's left at Geiger's is where they pushed it into a pile right in front of the lodge. It's got to be a really tough time for those in that business right now. Bet a lot of the early season guests have cancelled. :crazy: :pouty:
:confused: yep might be a tough year up there, especially the smaller resorts on less known lakes!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Opened up big time on the west side of the Narrows yday, that all could be open in a week even with the colder weather comin next week. The spot at the end of Geiger's ramp is 'bout to turn liquid too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There must be close to 50 yds of open water on the west side of the narrows today. Most of the ice on that side is really dark so it won't be long. That spot on the end of Geiger's ramp looks like it probably opened up a bit to me yday too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There must be close to 50 yds of open water on the west side of the narrows today. Most of the ice on that side is really dark so it won't be long. That spot on the end of Geiger's ramp looks like it probably opened up a bit to me yday too.
:scratch: :doah: :pouty: I wouldn't know!!!!!!1i haven't had time to look...…….i'm to busy working!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :doah: :bs:  :pouty: Hard for me to believe that as everyday now seems to be just like what only Mondays at the hall used to be. :doofus: Have you tried to get 'em to pay you by the post? :scratch: You might get a raise. :confused: :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
a raise???????????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: couple weeks ago there was talk of us reps reducing our paid hours due to this crap!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy crap...……..that snow has really taking a beating up there!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

giving me bad ideas to head north!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: of course i'll be all by my lonesome!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
a raise???????????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: couple weeks ago there was talk of us reps reducing our paid hours due to this crap!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:
Well with what I've been seein lately you sure don't seem to be doin much good 'round here, 'spose it's the same for the union so it wouldn't hurt for you to contribute a little of that EZ money you get to all those construction brothers who aren't working. :nerd: :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well with what I've been seein lately you sure don't seem to be doin much good 'round here, 'spose it's the same for the union so it wouldn't hurt for you to contribute a little of that EZ money you get to all those construction brothers who aren't working. :nerd: :nerd:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: I still have 8 shops I have to babysit!!!!!! :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
holy crap...……..that snow has really taking a beating up there!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

giving me bad ideas to head north!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: of course i'll be all by my lonesome!!!!!
Brother has been after me to go up to a few time too. I had to tell 'em go ahead but I'm not going 'til this stuff settles down a little. :tut: :crazy: Might get up there by June, the way it's lookin now. :thumbs: :pouty:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/20, 07:12:47 PM by Gunner55 »