Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635690 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
not much for a fishing report. more like a bug report. talked to 2 guys from the area says the sqeeters are big and lotz of them. just so ya know!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Glenn, you ever heard of or fished a lake called Orange, small little thing?
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nope, never heard of it. is it a honey hole?

Offline Joe@deerhunters

• Outdoorsman
orange is in the summi hills area I thing off 38 north of rapids.  Suppose to be a good bass lake.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i hunted it up on the DNR lake finder. it appeared to be based on the info it gave. not much for anything else.i have fished other lakes near it though. little and big ranier, batson to name a few. thats an awesome area to snowmobile through!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
anyone been up that way lately? wondering how bad the bugs are! i will find the fishy's when i get there.  :happybounce: :happybounce: :rocker; :woot: :woot: :woot:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
headed up to gods country this past weekend. man the flies where bad. weather was near perfect hardly a breeze for 4 days. fished and did good with sunfish and nords!!!

there sure wasnt much for bear hunters either with only one registered at the spring lake store!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just a quick report I got from one of my co-workers that lives on the south end of bowstring. lake conditions have not improved much. still fair amount of slush and only snowmobile travel is advised.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hearing reports things are improving up that way. very little slush and a bit more activity on the lakes!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
time to head nort for my last ice fishing venture of the year. concerned about a couple of our lakes froze out/winter killed.  :fishing: :fishing: :fishing2: :Fish:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
appears there is a fair amount  of grouse around, didn't chase them to hard. leaves are really starting to drop, mainly the maples and birch. poplar and oaks are still green. with the warm weather lot of boats out and sounded like a good amount of duck hunters.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
appears there is a fair amount  of grouse around, didn't chase them to hard. leaves are really starting to drop, mainly the maples and birch. poplar and oaks are still green. with the warm weather lot of boats out and sounded like a good amount of duck hunters.
From hearing friends and reading about grouse numbers increasing,It sounds as tho the area you hunt may be pickin up or is comming along slow.Friends in Nemadji SF say not much around,While Detroit lakes to ParkRapids say its pretty good.One from Redwing said more than ever before in the vermilion River valley.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ice is starting to form on the lakes up here. our bay had a good inch, especially around the dock. :banghead: :banghead: the main part of the lake is open due to the wind. if it gets still I am sure with the temps coming it will be iced over completely soon.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
finally, will get ice time up there. looks like the weather will cooperate. ice is in great shape and very little to no snow!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well after today will be headed back nort for the long weekend to work on that fish challenge!!!!!!!! ice should be in great shape but not much snow to bank houses. what a difference from last year.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
we got fish but it wasn't fast and furious. that's OK though. was still a good time with friends and refreshments. ice thickened quite a bit in 2 weeks. measured 19 inches.

nothing big but a few 4-5 lbers. some sunfish. I even remembered to grab a picture so sometime here soon a will try to post it.

got 4-5 inched of snow but the wind blew it around. sunday am woke to a balmy 28 below!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed back up Feb 20th weekend to close out the spearing weekend. Will be also working in grand rapids the following week. Yep a little premeditated planning. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
question for you guys. the lake the cabin is on has a public access. my nephew said one of his work friends came over to fish the lake. some lady comes barreling out and tells this Russian guy that's built like a brick outhouse that they are trespassing and that its a private lake. tells them she called the warden and there on there way.

is this the same as hunter harrassement? I drove down it yesterday and no one told me its private. :banghead: :banghead: I woulda had me some fun!!!!! :police:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WELL MY BOSS SAID I DID SUCH A GOOD JOB STICKIN IT TO 2 EMPLOYERS THIS WEEK HE GAVE ME FRIDAY OFF SO I CAN GET SOME QUALITY BEER AND BOAT TIME. so i be headed nort after work and planning on adding some inches to the DFL'ers team totals!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
heading back up tonite...mostly for work during the week. hope to get some lake time in on the weekend.  I NEED TO FISH!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
headed back up again tomorrow, hopefully first thing in the morning. the boilermakers co-sponsor a fishing contest/tourney along with the lets go fishing group up there to help raise funds for that organization. then sunday is the picnic for the union members!

found out today that I may be taking congressman Rick Nolan out fishing. go figure a DFL'ER out fishing with another DFL'ER!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Geeeeze , glenns rubbing elbows with politcians. soon we will be forgotten here at MNO, a distant memorie, while Hob knobin Glenn is on the campaign trail slinging mudd with the best of them.  i see how it gose.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess they wanted a top notch fisherman to show him how!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) :fishing2: :fishing2: :stillfish: :stillfish:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Geeeeze , glenns rubbing elbows with politcians. soon we will be forgotten here at MNO, a distant memorie, while Hob knobin Glenn is on the campaign trail slinging mudd with the best of them.  i see how it gose.
and Boar.............how could I ever forget you!!!!!!!!!!! :coffee: :doah: :doah: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk: :bonk: :bow:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thanks buddy..........I think :scratch:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
headed nort today. planning on leaving work by 2. not sure I can wait that long. been a long morning. got work in grand rapids tomorrow afternoon then its fishing, and chasing some grouse. ok a few brewski's!!!!!!!

planning on fishing some of the usual lakes but looking forward to hitting bowstring for something different!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
How long ya gunna be gone for?
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
coming home on Monday! gotta go to Sioux falls S.D tuesday to be a thug!!!!!!!!!! don't worry, if I get time tomorrow I will check in!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got here safley. Work today. Fishing tomorrow. Seen 1 grouse of course no gun with. :doah: most work done. Need to cut wood yet. Lotz of time fer that.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
fishing report is as follows. did well with sunfish. did ok with nords nuttin worth pics. went to bowstring caught 1 eye and one little snot rocket for pickling! forgot to take picture of walleye?????????  But I got a good reason. when I got up there and unloaded the boat I must of somehow accidently flipped the interior lite on. also it was so calm I used the trolling motor extensively. when it was time to head in not enough juice in either battery to turn over the big motor. insert tears hear.

2 nice fisher people from ILLINIOS,  yep Lee there are a few, were kind enough to tow us in. leaves are staring to drop and change colors. seen only 1 grouse but didn't work to hard on them. still a lot of green under brush!!!!!!!