Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635332 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
thinking about heading north next weekend. those weekends after the big holiday weekends are usually pretty quiet up there so I like to plan accordingly. starting to get that itch to head back up so............
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
warning Gunner???? :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. The fish and women! :mooning:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there ya go, dreamin again!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We should be OK this time  ;) :smiley:, I think he'll stay up on his end of the lake :rotflmao: It will probably rain all weekend anyway, or we'll have a frost :scratch: :doah: :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: July 07/03/17, 06:59:08 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We should be OK this time  ;) :smiley:, I think he'll stay up on his end of the lake :rotflmao: It will probably rain all weekend anyway, or we'll have a frost :scratch: :doah: :rolleyes:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh if i come up.........i cold get pretty close...........as the crow flies anyway!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Done did decide it's time to head north next weekend!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well I guess I better wait till you get back before I go up. Like I always said, the fish couldn't handle both of us being up at the same time.         :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so i done talked to da boss................he said glenn you work so dang hard you can have friday off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so its head north thursday nite. not sure if momma is coming or not...she seems to have a daughter issue..............again!!!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :thumbs: :bonk: :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I guess I better wait till you get back before I go up. Like I always said, the fish couldn't handle both of us being up at the same time.         :happy1:
yep..........that and they dont need 2 trucks to deliver beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man was it quiet up there this weekend, well except for the loons and eagles makin all kinds of racket.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: bugs were bearable, except for them ankle biting monster, annoying little flies in the boat, but 1 is  to many as far as i'm concerned. did have a boat or 2 out now and again, but only one was up there over the weekend that has a place on the lake. gotta love it, kinda why i plan these trips the weekend prior to or after these big 3 day weekends!!!!!!!!!

got my fishing fix in, cut split and hauled wood. had a couple fires and just a few  :toast: :toast: oh yea set my trap line too!!!!!!!! got 8 mouses!!! less critters to chew up fishhouse canvas and other things. bet i've disposed 20 of them rodents already this year!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Real quiet here too. Not a skier,tuber, jet ski in sight since Saturday. :happy1: Only 3 or 4 places up the road showin any signs of life.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's always great after the holidays!!!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey gunner..............i looked at the lake finder on the DNR site. i need some more picklin material!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1: but i dont seem much for public accesses on sand. am i missing something on there. i'm not a big fan of the DNR access on little sand and dont really wanna dump the boat in at the resort accross from it. any ideas!

oh and how the bugs up there.....deer flies.........horseflies..............squeeters and them little ankle biting monsters, flies!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 08/08/17, 08:32:40 AM by glenn57 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I sure was impressed with the lack of bugs Sunday night at the cabin. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
stayed indoors????

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope!! Outside all the time. Don't go up there to sit inside. Putzed around, had a fire and a few  :toast:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Our PA is off of Co Rd 155 which is after the curve, :scratch: going south, on Co Rd 36 past the church. Oops,didn't see your post earlier. Water is so low, I'm not sure you could get thru the channel from Little Sand in a very big boat.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea that was my thoughts were!!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: my boat is a 16 ft lund stinger with a 40 horse on it! so no if the water is low i wont get threw..............i'll hunt that one down!!!!!!!!!

thanks gunner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 08/22/17, 08:20:41 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: We had no problems with the 17' fiberglass of my sister's going in or out here. About a mile or 2 down Co Rd 155 you'll see a bunch of mailboxes for the rest of the people down the road. There'll be a road on the right side going north the winds back in to the landing, should be a PA sign there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea I'm pretty sure I know where it's at.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonderin when your headed up? When do you think you might be over here? If'n I'm not doin anything, I might look you up out there & say hi. Might just spy on ya too ;) ;D, & actually watch you to see ya catch a :fish2: :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonderin when your headed up? When do you think you might be over here? If'n I'm not doin anything, I might look you up out there & say hi. Might just spy on ya too ;) ;D, & actually watch you to see ya catch a :fish2: :smiley:
well, right now i'm done working thursday at noon, unless my boss says why even bother coming in. :happy1: :happy1: then i'll head north early thursday morning. should be friday morning sometime, not near as damn early as you get out though!!!!!!! :doah: :doah: :rotflmao:

that landing looks like its in some sort of channel, i gotta wait till i get to the cabin to scope out where or how far i venture. dont wanna get lost ya know!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's right across the channel from old Empty Bar. Generally there isn't anybody else out there when I go out early. Wadda you mean "GET LOST"  :bonk: :rotflmao: You gotta white 16 + ft Lund tiller, right. Any idea where you might try, if you make it over? Goin solo or momma goin too?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nope BLUE.............ok reb have at it  :crazy: 16 ft lund stinger yep tiller. no momma isnt going with. think her hip is bothering her and she says there's nothing for her to do. i said whadda mean....you can cook and do dishes..................thats when the fight started!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

as far as trying..............i gotta beleive with them little snot rockets just throw something shiny at them along a weed line. i may pick up some leeches and or minners and try for walleyes too, not sure yet!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I forgot to add that you may run into the county guys with the Decon unit as they sit over there a lot on the weekends, at least thru the holiday. They just want to pressure wash your boat with hot water so you don't bring any Zeebs back to your lake. Only takes 10, maybe 15 minutes.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No leeches at Fred's yday. Your bait guy or River Rat might have some though.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I forgot to add that you may run into the county guys with the Decon unit as they sit over there a lot on the weekends, at least thru the holiday. They just want to pressure wash your boat with hot water so you don't bring any Zeebs back to your lake. Only takes 10, maybe 15 minutes.
hey I'll take a boat cleaning. Will they vacuum it out too!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well made it home by noon today. Wanted to beat the traffic. Was already backed up 2 blocks in Crosby about 10 am. Judging by the traffic on 10 I'd bet Royalton was a disaster too. I took the back roads.

Anyway went to gunners lake Friday, how ya can troll for 4 hours and not get any of them little snot rockets is beyond me. But man I took a beating going back to the access. Wowzer it was windy. The AIS guy musta been bored, he sure was talkative. Nice guy, find out he lived in my neck of the woods at one time. Said he works for itasca Co.

Got sunfish on our lake, just didn't get into fishing this weekend. :scratch: