Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635437 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hey gunner what's the weather doing up there. Curious minds gotta know! :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We got 3-4" on the ground & according to TWC's site a 10-15 mph NW wind. We have 4* which puts the wind chill ~ -15. It sayin that the snow should slack off here pretty soon but not actually quit until about 11:00 or so
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We got 3-4" on the ground & according to TWC's site a 10-15 mph NW wind. We have 4* which puts the wind chill ~ -15. It sayin that the snow should slack off here pretty soon but not actually quit until about 11:00 or so
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well glenn is pretty much set to hit the pavement tomorrow morning, reb i'll call ya when i leave at 4;30 am!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

from the time i wake up should be gone in 45 minutes top!!!!!!! hee doggy..............a fishin we will go........a fishin we will go!!!!!!!!! :fish2: :fish2: :fish2: :fish2:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck!! !!!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
well glenn is pretty much set to hit the pavement tomorrow morning, reb i'll call ya when i leave at 4;30 am!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

from the time i wake up should be gone in 45 minutes top!!!!!!! hee doggy..............a fishin we will go........a fishin we will go!!!!!!!!! :fish2: :fish2: :fish2: :fish2:

Oh, I'll be up...I just don't sleep anymore. Not after the other day, anyway. Lets go.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well made it back. Fishing???? Seen better but didn't get skunked. Was friggin cold, sat our digital outdoor thermometer said 42 below, the other one said 34 below. Had plans to fish crappies but didn't due to the weather. My buddies kid was on bowstring and did well with crappies. There was some snow drifts on the lake but not to bad to get around with wheeler.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The report we got over at the store said the  :fishing: over there had been pretty tough. Stopped at the Co Rd 35 PA on way back & could only count ~ a dozen rigs out there, 'bout 1/2 them looked to be down on the south end.
« Last Edit: January 01/16/18, 07:36:56 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The report we got over at the store said the  :fishing: over there had been pretty tough. Stopped at the Co Rd 35 PA on way back & could only count ~ a dozen rigs out there, 'bout 1/2 them looked to be down on the south end.
well i seen pictures???????? not sure what to tell yea...........maybe they were on Sand!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Those aren't crappies, those are runts, that's what we call 'em anyway. ;) 1 here = 2 there. Besides he didn't say they weren't bitin :bonk:, just that is was tougher than usual over there. He pretty much blamed it on all the nasty cold weather. You know if they're really goin there'd be 50 outfits out there by 9 am. Finally, as you've proved again & again, even a blind hog................................................... :moon: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i didn't say i caught them!!!!!! :moon: :moon: besides crappies are other peoples fish!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh and there where some nice ones in them pics !

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Cripes last Friday it was 20 below up there, this Friday there forecasting 39 above and freezing rain. :crazy: :pouty: man did I pick the wrong weekend!! :crazy: :doofus: :thumbs: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That's news? :bonk: ;) :laugh: I know, I still haven't even been down to the lake & we've been up here a week today. :scratch: Was wonderin what was it like gettin around on the lakes? Too much snow for your wheeler? How about over on Bowstring? I don't think we seen anything but pickups out there on Sunday. :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
no it was OK getting around with the wheeler. i think the guys over on bowstring drove vehicles out. i'd watch for drifts at this point not to bad, i did notice there was a crust on.the snow. once i got rid of my 2 place snowmobile trailer and switched to a sled behind the wheeler it was way easier.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenn, 39 above? I think I'll wear a short sleeve shirt this weekend up there. This is going to be as much fun fishing as you had last weekend. I better quit rubbing it in.     :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, 39 above? I think I'll wear a short sleeve shirt this weekend up there. This is going to be as much fun fishing as you had last weekend. I better quit rubbing it in.     :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :doah: :doah: DONT  force me to say.............I HOPE YOUR BEER GETS WARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  have fun dude!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Leech posted this on that udder site. apparently the hill bar, resturaunt and hotel burnt to the ground this past friday morning. it was in the grand rapids paper.

they had pretty darn good food. havent been there in a while but when we were over in that direction always stopped for a beer or 3 and a burger!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 01/22/18, 08:30:55 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually it was on 1/12/18, we went up there often on Tuesdays as it was Cheap Burger Night. Cheeseburger & fries for $3.50. Every other Tuesday there'd be 10-20 others who were part of the lake assoc. up there, it was their busiest day of the week.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i stood corrected from my brudder after i posted it.  :bonk: :bonk:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The guy who built this place wife runs the place. Good people.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i guess my nephew is up there this weekend. according to my mudder anyway. was 20 below so its not me with the wedder!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: guss there going to cutfoot for today!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had 3* early, gettin snow now, not supposed to amount to much. We've had snow 3 maybe 4 times, before today, since the week we arrived & only 1 time did we get the wheeler out to plow. Took a peek at the long range forcast yday & it looks like we could have a stretch of normal to above normal temps starting a week from tomorrow. :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey gunner, merc, what's the word on snow up there.  My mother is all worried my step dad's Ford won't make it into the cabin. Last I heard since I was up mid Jan there hasn't been much if any snow.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Barely enough to cover the patio block that's out back of our garage. If'n you'd read the good mornin thread, you'd already know that! :bonk: ;) :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Barely enough to cover the patio block that's out back of our garage. If'n you'd read the good mornin thread, you'd already know that! :bonk: ;) :laugh:
:bonk: :taz: :banghead:yea well we ain't gonna be driving on your deck! :crazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: and I did read it. We be driving thru da woods and on da lake to grandma's house. :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Hey gunner, merc, what's the word on snow up there.  My mother is all worried my step dad's Ford won't make it into the cabin. Last I heard since I was up mid Jan there hasn't been much if any snow.

HA! How chebby's really get around in the snow.  :evil:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Was down on the ice yday & that wind Sunday did do some major driftin. It was out of the west, NW so it might've made the drive in to your place at least interesting. I'd bring a shovel ;) :laugh: