Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635430 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, in Glenn's neighborhood, when he goes out, they all run in.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Fixed it for ya, Reb  :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
 :scratch:  I didn't see anything to fix....

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see we have visitors over at the resort again this weekend, 6 pickups & some trailers over there. One sled with a couple guys was out front not long after we were done with bfast. They were packin up by ~ 10:30 & another snowmobile came out to visit at that time. It took 4 guys 20 minutes to get that sled back to the resorts landing( 200-300 yds), they kept getting stuck. I think they finally had to flip the sled on it's side to clean it out between the seat & the track. :doofus:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Started spittin here ~4

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :confused: :confused: :censored: i had the perfect plan. friday call in absent........... head to cabin and fish....then off monday to grand rapids..............scheduled meetings :sleazy: :sleazy:.................. then to duluth on tuesday.............till all this snow and lakes that are so messed up for the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Still 3 sleds out on the bay late yday, looks like they're staying over at the resort. Might still be some of the group from last weekend.  :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY GUNNER...…….next time you go to a local HH, make yourself useful. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: sorry, haven't had enough coffee yet!!!!!! anyway what is anyone saying about lakes freezing out??????? haven't heard a lot about it yet. :doah: :doah: :doah:

I can maybe guess the answer...…….lakes are impassible so no one really knows cause they cant get on them. :pouty: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut:  :smiley: 5 local sledders over at The Junction yday watchin the Greenway hockey game & it didn't even sound like they were running on the lakes, too much slush.   :thumbs: :scratch: Thought we might've seen 2 or 3 people out on the north end of Bowstring, didn't roll through the PA for a better look though. :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen a couple of pop up type shelters over at WN on Cutfoot yday. Just west of the Narrows & not far from shore. Looked like they had a sled or wheeler, couldn't really tell. Very little movement over at TE on Bowstring lately. Tim over at the Bstore told us that Geiger's busted up his brand new plow real bad twice this year. :pouty: :thumbs:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Anywhere from a light mist to a light rain/snow mix all day here, wind picked up late mornin too. Nothing but water on the ice out in front of Geiger's & the webcam on Cutfoot is almost that bad. It looks like nothin but slush & water out 50 yds west of the Narrows to me, there does appear to be somebody out there to the NW though. :crazy: It looks like they have a plow & wheeler(?) :scratch: & trying to get a shack off the ice. 
« Last Edit: March 03/15/19, 08:21:13 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Too far in the distance to tell for sure, but looked more like a small shack & a couple pcs of equipment now. Might've just gave up for the time being. :thumbs: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: They must've came back last night or have been out there early this am :confused: as the shack is gone. :cool: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had some action out on the bay yday, seen 1  :fishing: but they didn't stay long. :scratch: It looked like 3 sleds came in to 1 of the neighbors ~ 4 too. A little later 2 more sleds riding double came in to the resort & 1 of those was pullin an Otter. Thought  :confused: it looked like some fresh tracks over at Trails End as well.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :snow1: comin down again now.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Talked to a member of ours. He headed north last weekend. Mainly to clean up snow. Didn't even try to go on the lakes. He said ya do not wanna go out on a snowmobile by yourself our into the boonies. Get stuck, your screwed. He also said he didn't see many deer tracks, thinks there all hearded up somewhere or died.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen a couple sleds out here yday & there was a group over at the resort last week that was going out everyday too. :shocked: The surface of the ice turned a lot more gray here yday. Ain't seen many deer 'round here since right before the rain we had. No tracks either but snow probably makin it hard for them to move much.
« Last Edit: March 03/20/19, 02:25:02 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so, carefully studying the weather forecast the next 2 weeks, i have no reason to believe that enough snow up north will have melted AND the ice will still be in great shape to get a line wet one last time.  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so, carefully studying the weather forecast the next 2 weeks, i have no reason to believe that enough snow up north will have melted AND the ice will still be in great shape to get a line wet one last time.  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

der yer are dreamin again!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: NO TALK LIKE DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Knowin yer luck, I'd keep an eye on it. :tut: The 10 day I just looked at had rain &/or snow in it for every day from 4/2 - 4/8 except 2. About 40% is all but we all know that doesn't mean a lot as far as you're concerned. :doofus: :crazy: :thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 03/25/19, 12:58:58 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Knowin yer luck, I'd keep an eye on it. :tut: The 10 day I just looked at had rain &/or snow in it for every day from 4/2 - 4/8 except 2. About 40% is all but we all know that doesn't mean a lot as far as you're concerned. :doofus: :crazy: :thumbs:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: just looked at accuweather month forecast.  :scratch: the dates you posted have no rain for spring lake???????? maybe i live a more clean and honest lifestyle!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: TWC's for Spring Lake says  40% for Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, & Monday.  :confused: Even has the" S" word in there for Saturday & Sunday, so you better start being good. ;) :laugh: We all know how big a fan of yours Mother Nature is usually. :pouty: :thumbs: :bonk:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I got  2 weeks yet. No worries here.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

high heat wave going up that way I heard??????????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

high heat wave going up that way I heard??????????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: you and gunner need to get your  :bs: :bs: straight!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
« Last Edit: March 03/25/19, 07:56:31 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm talkin the week of 4/1-4/8, 10 day TWC says 40's, 50's tomorrow, & a damp weekend for 56680 :scratch: :confused: Will be hittin the road pretty quick, so I had to have some fun :bs: before leavin. :sleazy: :sleazy: :mooning: :mooning: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm talkin the week of 4/1-4/8, 10 day TWC says 40's, 50's tomorrow, & a damp weekend for 56680 :scratch: :confused: Will be hittin the road pretty quick, so I had to have some fun :bs: before leavin. :sleazy: :sleazy: :mooning: :mooning: :nerd: :nerd:
i found your weather channel................i like mine better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
& if'n you tune in another 1 they'll say somethin different :scratch: :doah:   :crazy:............................... might even be BLIZZARD!!  :evil: :sleazy: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: 1 of 'em will be right....................maybe?? :rolleyes: :smiley:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Must've been 50 yds of open water at Mosomo Pt/Cutfoot bridge when we went by early yday, a lot of current there though.  The big river was open from Cohasett to the dam west of GR too. I think  :scratch: the normal time for taking spawn on Little Cutfoot is ~ mid April, probably won't make that but I wouldn't be that surprised to have ice out earlier than the last couple years when it's been the week of opener.