Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635853 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yep da hounds are coming along...............they dont backtalk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yep da hounds are coming along...............they dont backtalk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got any excellent report next door. And of course one party pooper,bright Mikey! :rotflmao: 2 ft of ice and about 6 inches of snow in the woods. Oh boy, oh boy!! :blues brothers: :rocker; :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Got any excellent report next door. And of course one party pooper,bright Mikey! :rotflmao: 2 ft of ice and about 6 inches of snow in the woods. Oh boy, oh boy!! :blues brothers: :rocker; :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

have a good time, and don't miss everyone to much!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonder :scratch: how his drive went as it was FOGGY as he!! here early today. No way I'd have wanted to drive 3 hours in that soup. I see where LPS said it was kinda foggy there too. :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Hope the li'l feller made it OK.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just checked my webcams up there & it looks kind of foggy there too. :sad: Bet that was a long drive. :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he used his smurf fog horn!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :whereamI: :whereamI:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well that really sucked, furnace wouldn't go. so I came home last night and drowned my sorrows. :violin: :tequila; :drinking: driving in that fog till it got light also sucked.

when I got up there had to shovel a big drift to get in but once past that easy peasy. I walked in the cabin and found a thermo couple and other little parts I assume where thermos couple parts laying on the floor in front of the furnace. there was a screw driver still laying on the propane tank. I spent 2 1/2hours on and off trying to get the pilot to light. no go. l had no idea what he did. so I packed up and headed home. I did get all my stuff i left up there home. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
aw ya just missed us all!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

but really that sucks........

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy crap...that REALLY sucks the big one. Sorry to hear that. You guys need to stay in touch on the cabin better.....just sayin'. Would have saved you all that mess.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it was my bortheres kid that was up there last right after that frigid cold spell. god only knows what he did, i'm washing my hands of it.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it was my bortheres kid that was up there last right after that frigid cold spell. god only knows what he did, i'm washing my hands of it.

don't blame ya..........

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
well that really sucked, furnace wouldn't go. so I came home last night and drowned my sorrows. :violin: :tequila; :drinking: driving in that fog till it got light also sucked.

when I got up there had to shovel a big drift to get in but once past that easy peasy. I walked in the cabin and found a thermo couple and other little parts I assume where thermos couple parts laying on the floor in front of the furnace. there was a screw driver still laying on the propane tank. I spent 2 1/2hours on and off trying to get the pilot to light. no go. l had no idea what he did. so I packed up and headed home. I did get all my stuff i left up there home. 
:bonk: What a bunch of  :bs:. :sad: Figured the drive up sucked as we went to Mason City before 8:00 yday & I bet there were a lot of spots where you couldn't see 100' on the Ave of the Sts. Didn't realize he tore the furnace apart. :mad1: Thought he knew how to fix it, huh? :tut: :thumbs: Then leaves it that way & don't tell anyone! :angry2: :pouty: Bet that MGL tasted good last night.  :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh it did...……...and for dessert a couple of vodka OJ's!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like it's about to start up there. Radar showed it closin in but couldn't see anything comin down on the webcams yet.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have a question for all the smart "up nort" guys.       :scratch:      Not you Glenn.   ;)    My buddy asked me if a person can bear hunt and deer hunt at the same time. I would think bear bait would be considered hunting over bait although deer wouldn't be attracted to it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a question for all the smart "up nort" guys.       :scratch:      Not you Glenn.   ;)    My buddy asked me if a person can bear hunt and deer hunt at the same time. I would think bear bait would be considered hunting over bait although deer wouldn't be attracted to it.
:tut: :tut: :tut: :moon:

well for starters, the first 15-16 days or so the bear season is open archery season is not. after that not sure????? I don't use a bow to bear hunt. and iffin i'm out looking for bear I have no interest in shooting a deer. besides I think dat deers and bears, oh my, don't really get along?????????

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't see anything explicit in the regs about shooting deer over bear bait.  However, this is what they say about deer baiting...

Definitions
• Bait—includes grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts, hay, or other food that is
capable of attracting or enticing deer and has been placed by a person.
• Baiting—means placing, exposing, depositing, distributing, or scattering
bait that is capable of attracting or enticing deer.

I would certainly think that anything you legally put out for a bear would fall into the category of what was illegal for deer.

Is my garbage bag full of day-old doughnuts capable of enticing a deer?  I don't know, but I'd hate to have to argue with a Conservation Officer that is isn't.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

No, It is considered baiting deer hunting over bear bait. That was actually one of the ask a CO questions that Lee put up awhile back.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I missed that question. Thanks for the answer, I thought it would be that way but was not positive   :happy1:.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup anything that is attracting them with any type of food is illegal bait.  I have gotten pics of deer eating my bear baits. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup anything that is attracting them with any type of food is illegal bait.  I have gotten pics of deer eating my bear baits.
#Me to.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just checked the webcams & the ground is white over on Cutfoot but it doesn't look like there's much more than that. Still snowing lightly at The Narrows & the 1 on Bowstring isn't working.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Geiger's camera is back up & the ground is completely covered. It doesn't look to be much more than that though, kind of hard to tell.  :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Could see rain drippin off the roof pretty good over at Geiger's already before 7:00 this morning. That should speed up ice out a bit.  :happy1: Not as easy to tell how hard it was raining over at the Narrows :scratch:. The ice on the west side is disappearin pretty quick the last few days though.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
from what you can see gunner.........how does it look for snow left on the ground???????????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
All I see over by us is very little right in front of their deck/porch on the office & out on the ice on the north side of their ramp is kinda white too. The ice the other way(SE) looks a look a lot more gray. The other camera shows maybe an inch or 2 along their north facing shore line.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
All I see over by us is very little right in front of their deck/porch on the office & out on the ice on the north side of their ramp is kinda white too. The ice the other way(SE) looks a look a lot more gray. The other camera shows maybe an inch or 2 along their north facing shore line.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: