Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635556 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Goggleye  did my cabin He  did a great job but never finished. I paid  for what he had done and said he would be back to finish but!!! Good luck. Headed back up tomorrow for my fourth trip. Dang fish have to bite sooner or later.    :fish2:
I warned her about that name...……………...but like everything else they don't listen to me, so...…...i'll let them deal with it!!!!!!! then tell them told ya so.

at least he showed up, were still waiting for that Williams out of squaw lake. :doofus: :doofus: :confused:
That's who we had do our septic here, they were good to us & do great work but are very busy. Last I knew it was just him, his dad, & his kid. Might want to keep in contact with 'em.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Gunner...……...how bad are the bugs??? one of the stewards wife has a bug reciepe I plan on using.
for 2 gallons of water they add 2 bottles of mouthwash, preferable a mint flavor, add some Epsom salt, apparently it helps mix the mouth wash and sprays it. he claims the flies and skeeters hate it.
I'm willing to give it a try, how long does it last Glenn? Dog safe etc.. We have close to two acres but just hit tge high traffic areas might be worth a shot. Did you post the recipe? If not I'd like it if you dont mind..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The guy has dogs so it's safe. He said it last thru rain. He swears by it, I'll be trying in in a couple weeks. I posted it somewhere :scratch:. But here it is.

2 bottles of mouthwash to 2 gallons water.
Couple tablespoon of Epson salt. This has something to do with it diluting the mouth wash in the water.
I'm gonna us a pump sprayer for lawn weeds, eti stopped at the dollar tress in red wing got 2 bottles for 2 bucks. You use the cheap stuff and preferably a mint flavor.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like my next project is to roll the lift out farther as it was all the way down & the boat didn't want to float off this morning. Just eye ballin the space between the dock & the water I would venture to guess the the lake is down at least 6-8", maybe 10" since we put it in ~ a month ago. (5/6(?))

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like my next project is to roll the lift out farther as it was all the way down & the boat didn't want to float off this morning. Just eye ballin the space between the dock & the water I would venture to guess the the lake is down at least 6-8", maybe 10" since we put it in ~ a month ago. (5/6(?))
your next project should be mosqito killer!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

well a managed to sweet talk da boss into not having to attend the monthly meeting on the 20th so i'll be headed nort thursday morning instead of friday!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker; of course i'll be doing a little official union business............gonna drop off new agreements at the grand rapids faculity. :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe the  :fish2: & the weather will get their act together by then. :scratch: Not sure I'd bet on it as I seen the start of a mayfly hatch here yday. :pouty: Plenty of wind most days when it's not rainin. :sad:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea looks pretty wet the next week, at least till I get there? :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: That doesn't usually make it stop. :scratch: :rolleyes: :laugh: :evil: :mooning:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Got back from my fourth trip and we finally got a few walleyes. Got some nice panfish also in 10 feet of water. Best trip so far, had a good fish fry and a coupe of the guys brought some fish home. The skeeters are horrible, especially by the lake. Let me know how your repellent works Glenn.   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got back from my fourth trip and we finally got a few walleyes. Got some nice panfish also in 10 feet of water. Best trip so far, had a good fish fry and a coupe of the guys brought some fish home. The skeeters are horrible, especially by the lake. Let me know how your repellent works Glenn.   :happy1:
will do, got it mixed up last nite and packed the ingredients for a 2nd batch. i'm going to go check out the lake my brother thinks froze out and them skeeters are vicious over there!!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I talked to my brother yesterday. he said all the electrical work is done. power from cabin to shed, i guess he had to put it in conduit because of all the rock. new yard light on the pole, new outhouse hole dug, and a big hole for ALL MY fish guts!!!!!!!  :happy1:

apparently mom and Jerry went up cause the inspection was supposed to be today!!!!

guess i'll decide if its done!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: hope to hell she cut the lawn!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I talked to my brother yesterday. he said all the electrical work is done. power from cabin to shed, i guess he had to put it in conduit because of all the rock. new yard light on the pole, new outhouse hole dug, and a big hole for ALL MY fish guts!!!!!!!  :happy1:

apparently mom and Jerry went up cause the inspection was supposed to be today!!!!

guess i'll decide if its done!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: hope to hell she cut the lawn!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil:
dang you ask for alot!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
will do, got it mixed up last nite and packed the ingredients for a 2nd batch. i'm going to go check out the lake my brother thinks froze out and them skeeters are vicious over there!!!!!!!!!!!
So :scratch:...................................... your gonna be skinnier next time I see you? ;) :rotflmao: As often as your grass has been cut up here this Spring I'm bettin your gonna have a bumper crop at the cabin. :thumbs: :pouty: :crazy:  :bonk: Bet you won't need very many pairs of shorts unless it says Fruit of the Loom on 'em. :rolleyes: :laugh: When ya leavin, Thursday? :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So :scratch:...................................... your gonna be skinnier next time I see you? ;) :rotflmao: As often as your grass has been cut up here this Spring I'm bettin your gonna have a bumper crop at the cabin. :thumbs: :pouty: :crazy:  :bonk: Bet you won't need very many pairs of shorts unless it says Fruit of the Loom on 'em. :rolleyes: :laugh: When ya leavin, Thursday? :confused:
:tut: :tut: mom has been up there several times...………...I know how she operates...…...and lets just say i'd bet most the lawn will be cut. she struggles with the hill in front of the cabin to the lake. I can deal with that. besides my brother brought up a big ol rider...…...no problem, it has a beer cah holder. :happy1: :happy1:

yea i'll be up thursday. gotta drop off new contracts at ASV in grand rapids first. BUT, YOU MUSTA ordered rain for those days. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mom called tonight. her and Jerry, went up to inspect the electrical work. she was impressed, so it had to be good. FINALLY!!!!!!!!! done with the shed. I guess the new outside light on the shed and yard light lights up half of Itasca county!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: mom has been up there several times...………...I know how she operates...…...and lets just say i'd bet most the lawn will be cut. she struggles with the hill in front of the cabin to the lake. I can deal with that. besides my brother brought up a big ol rider...…...no problem, it has a beer cah holder. :happy1: :happy1:

yea i'll be up thursday. gotta drop off new contracts at ASV in grand rapids first. BUT, YOU MUSTA ordered rain for those days. :confused: :confused: :confused:
:tut: :tut: :scratch: Think you've got that back @ssward. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: Seems to me you ALWAYS bring it with you. :thumbs: :pouty: The 10 day says good chance for some Thursday(pm) through Saturday now for 56680. So your gonna get the skeets drunk when your mowin? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/17/19, 08:28:51 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
mom called tonight. her and Jerry, went up to inspect the electrical work. she was impressed, so it had to be good. FINALLY!!!!!!!!! done with the shed. I guess the new outside light on the shed and yard light lights up half of Itasca county!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
So while your mowing you should turn that new light on that way it'll draw the skeets to it ;), instead of turnin you into a pin cushion. :nerd: :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil: :smiley: :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So while your mowing you should turn that new light on that way it'll draw the skeets to it ;), instead of turnin you into a pin cushion. :nerd: :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil: :smiley: :smiley:
my plan is to seek and destroy dem skeets!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
You got a 300 gallon sprayer? :scratch: ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You got a 300 gallon sprayer? :scratch: ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:
no but i'm bringing an arsenal of bug stuff!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 06/17/19, 08:54:29 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep keep dem lights cranked Glenn, maybe you can pull dem bugs from our place!!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: June 06/17/19, 01:34:17 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep keep dem lights cranked Glenn, maybe you can pull dem bugs from our place!!  :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

i have expectations dat dat Iowa guy has them sqeeters under control!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/17/19, 02:15:01 PM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've heard the best thing you can do is to give your neighbor one of the biggest bug zappers you can buy.  Then all of the bugs are over there. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've heard the best thing you can do is to give your neighbor one of the biggest bug zappers you can buy.  Then all of the bugs are over there.
and all I hear is them bug zappers kill more good bugs then bad ones???????? :scratch: :scratch: don't know, never had one. also heard they like to drink the electric!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
and all I hear is them bug zappers kill more good bugs then bad ones???????? :scratch: :scratch: don't know, never had one. also heard they like to drink the electric!!!!!!!!

That's why you give it to your next door neighbor.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
X 2!  We're close enough I'm sure he can draw 'em from here. ;) :laugh: Damp with very little wind early out :fishing: then the fog rolled in, skeets were extra nasty when I came in. :thumbs: :pouty: They must be warmin up for the new blood that's comin up. :scratch: ;) :smiley:
« Last Edit: June 06/18/19, 07:29:43 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: that new blood coming up has a few tricks up his sleeve!!!!! :happy1: if them fail, enough  :toast: :drinking: and i wont feel them bite. they get enough fluids from me it'll render there breeding abilities useless!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: that new blood coming up has a few tricks up his sleeve!!!!! :happy1: if them fail, enough  :toast: :drinking: and i wont feel them bite. they get enough fluids from me it'll render there breeding abilities useless!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
:happy1: Kinda figured that would be plan B & that plan B would make more sense than sprayin the whole lake. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenns going up today so I guess I will wait until next week to head up again. The area isn't big enough for both of us at the same time.    :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenns going up today so I guess I will wait until next week to head up again. The area isn't big enough for both of us at the same time.    :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: MAYBE!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i do have to put up with some Iowegians though!!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

actually i'm leaving tomorrow morning, i gotta make a WORK stop in grand rapids!!!!!!! :happy1: it just makes sense to do it that way rather then go to cabin tonight then have to drive to rapids thursday morning. saving the members money is a top priorty!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: June 06/19/19, 10:22:56 AM by glenn57 »