Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635627 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenns going up today so I guess I will wait until next week to head up again. The area isn't big enough for both of us at the same time.    :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: MAYBE!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i do have to put up with some Iowegians though!!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

actually i'm leaving tomorrow morning, i gotta make a WORK stop in grand rapids!!!!!!! :happy1: it just makes sense to do it that way rather then go to cabin tonight then have to drive to rapids thursday morning. saving the members money is a top priorty!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
You know you could  find someplace where you can eat lunch for < $20 then too.  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: :crazy: That would save even a little more of that expense account. :tut: :sleazy: :evil: :nerd:
« Last Edit: June 06/20/19, 08:27:08 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Glenns going up today so I guess I will wait until next week to head up again. The area isn't big enough for both of us at the same time.    :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: MAYBE!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i do have to put up with some Iowegians though!!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

actually i'm leaving tomorrow morning, i gotta make a WORK stop in grand rapids!!!!!!! :happy1: it just makes sense to do it that way rather then go to cabin tonight then have to drive to rapids thursday morning. saving the members money is a top priorty!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
You know you could  find someplace where you can eat lunch for < $20 then too.  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: :crazy: That would save even a little more of that expense account. :tut: :sleazy: :evil: :nerd:
95% of my meals are under 20 bucks!!!!!! :moon: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well I came back a day earlier then I planned...……….and NO RAIN while I was up there. unfortunately that east lake has had to freeze out or a severe winter kill. trolled around it for 3 hours, not a fish nor a strike. spent 45 minutes all over the lake with my underwater camera and seen absolutely nothing. only sign of life I seen was 2 loons and about 15 minnows where ya throw the boat in.

to make matters worse, fishing the lake the cabin is on, Thursday evening there wasn't a sunfish to be had. did a little trolling and caught sand lake type snakes. went out the next day and brought the camera with. I went to 8 tried and true spots where we have always caught fish and never seen a sunfish. back to trolling a guys fishing off his dock and asks how we are doing, so being the nice pleasant good guy I am I stopped the motor and we talked a bit. he said he was up when the ice went out and he quit counting after he counted over 200 dead fish on the shoreline. he said all kinds of fish and had 2 bass 24 inches.

that's really sucks!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

on another note that concoction worked pretty darn good for sqeeter control. it lasted till this morning but the humidity went up, so????? i'll do it again, cause if you  went away from the treated area any distance they where real bad.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Ya, I imagine Happy Meals are!!!   :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06/23/19, 08:13:11 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought about sneakin up on ya on Saturday, just to see that new airport spotlight. ;) :smiley: It was early afternoon by that time & was afraid you'd be out TRYIN to catch somethin or up at that other little lake. So decided against it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
we were around but yea we might of been trolling out on peterson.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So you had company? :scratch: Your  :fishing: buddy & his son? :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just my friend.......his kid works road construction, so..................

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

So....................... a $15 Rueben & a $16 burger & you don't tip?  :tut: :thumbs: :scratch:  :rolleyes: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

[/quote] So....................... a $15 Rueben & a $16 burger & you don't tip?  :tut: :thumbs: :scratch:  :rolleyes: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :nerd:
[/quote]

No, they put 2 olives and a scoop of cottage cheese on his plate.   :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

So....................... a $15 Rueben & a $16 burger & you don't tip?  :tut: :thumbs: :scratch:  :rolleyes: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :nerd:
[/quote]

No, they put 2 olives and a scoop of cottage cheese on his plate.   :rotflmao:
[/quote] :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :confused: :angry2: :angry2: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew ya missed me.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew ya missed me.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
yea like a bleeding hemmoriod!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Oh my!!!!!!!   :shocked:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man I don't ever remember the last time the lakes up here being this high. Gotta be 20 years since I seen the water level on our lake as high as it is.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Grandpa Tom, our old friend Barb, iambjm is here!! :happy1: she's part of the group let's go fishing up here.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Grandpa Tom, our old friend Barb, iambjm is here!! :happy1: she's part of the group let's go fishing up here.

good to hear she's doing good!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Man I don't ever remember the last time the lakes up here being this high. Gotta be 20 years since I seen the water level on our lake as high as it is.
We were down 1' from ice out when the association had the  :fish2: fry, 6/15. Since the 3rd week of June we've had close to 8" of rain & the lake has came back up 6-8". I just pulled our lift back in ~ 2' yday. :crazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Isn't she 1 of the locals that actually take people out :fish2:? :cool: Have to agree with Mike, good to hear she's doin good. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well gents, I haven't been around much to post and now I'm heading north again for a week. Like the Tom Petty song "well I don't know what I've been told never slow down never grow old". It  didn't work out to well for him but hopefully he's right.  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have fun merc!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like the weather is going to cooperate. :happy1: TWC's 10 day's sayin around 80* all week. :cool: Pretty slow here :fish2: :pouty:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I was up earlier this month and the fishing was horrible. Hopefully it gets a little better so we can have a fish fry one night.    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We went home for a week but came back up Monday & have been over to the NW PA on Bow on our wheeler a couple times this week, nobody around over there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
now i'm even more sure of myself the lake cabin is on had a severe winter kill. over this past weekend i walked down to the lake and slowly on the dock. it be nothing to see a bunch of small sunfish/punkinseeds little bass etc swim around and out under the dock. in the 5-6 maybe 7 times i did this i seen a total of 1 sunfish and 4 punkinseeds. :angry2: :confused:

both friday and sat evening the lake was like glass. in the past you could watch all across the bay and see fish fan the top of the water and/or feeding on the bugs.  there was none of that.

how depressing................looks like i'm gonna head gunners way!!!!!!!!!!! if he could only catch fish!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe you'd best just get yerself a fishbowl and fill it fulla goldfish.   :rotflmao:

:fish2: :Fish:  :fish2:
« Last Edit: July 07/22/19, 04:26:02 PM by Rebel SS »