Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635729 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
:scratch: Were you causin trouble while you were up here too, glenn? :evil: :tut: Heard a police report on the radio on the way home from GR today that said they had a report of property damage in Spring Lake. It was on Peterson, you get into it :mad1: with the neighbors. ;) :laugh:
:tut: :tut: not me!!!!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: I don't have time to get in trouble up there. any other details?????? for a labor day weekend I thought it was unusually quiet over the whole weekend. what side the lake, any names of the place?

my kid did get check by a CO sunday morning coming out from behind the store. checked his license, and gun. he has it in a hard case and the CO took it out to see if he had a shell chambered.

but when he seen his last name he new he was an honest law abiding citizen. :happy1: :happy1:

didnt get much fishing in, but FINALLY got my boat in a lake. ended up with 2 meals, as Morey's was open. Bought 12 sunfish, 7 crappies.

There, I fixed the slight error for ya.  :rotflmao:
why you !@#$%^&*&^%$%^&*^%$#$%^&! :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087 :taz: :taz:

Gunner initially suggested it.    :nerd:

Didn't ya just miss us?!  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea well your both goll darn no good fer nuttin troublemakers!!!!! :confused: :taz: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Were you causin trouble while you were up here too, glenn? :evil: :tut: Heard a police report on the radio on the way home from GR today that said they had a report of property damage in Spring Lake. It was on Peterson, you get into it :mad1: with the neighbors. ;) :laugh:
That's all they had no names or any more on the location.  :scratch: :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmmmmm…...gonna have to ask some of my informants!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
So Glenn does get his fish at Moreys. Was wondering how he could get fish to bring home.   :rotflmao: Heading back up for four days so my buddy can do some more hunting. Then the 16th one last fishing trip up there.    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: not me!!!!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: I don't have time to get in trouble up there. any other details?????? for a labor day weekend I thought it was unusually quiet over the whole weekend. what side the lake, any names of the place?

my kid did get check by a CO sunday morning coming out from behind the store. checked his license, and gun. he has it in a hard case and the CO took it out to see if he had a shell chambered.

but when he seen his last name he new he was an honest law abiding citizen. :happy1: :happy1:

didnt get much fishing in, but FINALLY got my boat in a lake. ended up with 2 meals. 12 sunfish, 7 crappies.
He's really not that fussy either :tut: 'cause he does catch & eat crappies. ;) :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: not if I can help it. My kid wanted them. :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: He came along, :scratch: thought was just 2 after Yogi & Boo Boo? :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: He came along, :scratch: thought was just 2 after Yogi & Boo Boo? :confused:
yea its him and I chasing bears!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bonk: I thought :scratch: you said it was the brudder & you. :confused: :doofus:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:bonk: I thought :scratch: you said it was the brudder & you. :confused: :doofus:
:tut: :tut: :tut: you let the thinkin to me!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao:

my brudder lives in Wisconsin so he don't wanna wait and pay for an out of state bear license. he already buys out of state fishing, spearing, deer, small game, waterfowl licenses.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

my brudder lives in Wisconsin so he don't wanna wait and pay for an out of state bear license. he already buys out of state fishing, spearing, deer, small game, waterfowl licenses.
:tut: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: I would've but your  :doofus:  not "workin" today. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: Besides it's Saturday & we all know what that's like for you. ;) :campfire: :campfire: :toast: :toast: :drinking: ;D ;D

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: I would've but your  :doofus:  not "workin" today. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: Besides it's Saturday & we all know what that's like for you. ;) :campfire: :campfire: :toast: :toast: :drinking: ;D ;D
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :smoking: maybe not da fire with the rain coming but the rest!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: matter oh fact i best get more ice on dat  :toast: :toast:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Don't have a frig in the garage for that?  :confused: That ice is expensive & you could buy more canning supplies if you weren't buyin all that ice.  :crazy: :doofus: ;) :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Don't have a frig in the garage for that?  :confused: That ice is expensive & you could buy more canning supplies if you weren't buyin all that ice.  :crazy: :doofus: ;) :smiley:
sure do. 3 frigs to be exact and 3 freezers. beer starts off in the frig, gets put in a cooler and ice on da top.

I haven't bought ice in years. I save the gallon milk jugs fill them with water and stick in the freezer. use hatchet to bust up...…..TAA..DAA!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
most likely a rusty hatchet too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I bet he sits the ice on his head and does this... :bonk:      :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: That would explain a lot. :crazy: :doofus: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: That would explain a lot. :crazy: :doofus: :rolleyes: :laugh:
:taz: :taz: :taz: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 :tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: maybe!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
most likely a rusty hatchet too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
not after i'm done busting up the ice!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well i recieved an email from  the grand rapids fisheries people. long story short, they dont give 2 sheets about those little lakes. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :confused: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087

the lake north of us we fish pike at. they said...........the water level is extremeely low expanding the shallow area used by plants and suseptable to winter kill. the deep basin doesnt have the capacity to maintain stress free oxygen levels throughout the year. he says unfortunelty it doesnt make sense to do an introductory restocking until the water levels rise and conditions become favorable.

on the lake the cabin is on...............he said the lake did not get checked, but while the lake has a history of an occasional winter kill its likeley these kill have been incomplete.apparently someone, not us called and claimed winterkill in 2015 but found fish present.he mentioned several lakes in the area have partial winterkill and are good fishereies,and basiclly said the lake may be "resetting  :doofus: itself cause pike and sunfish tend to be density dependent. he did say if we dont catch anything next year to call and they'd do some sampling.

:angry2: :angry2: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Kind of tough for 9 full time & 9 seasonal people to manage all 1000 lakes not to mention all the river areas. I read somewhere recently where the average CO now covers ~ 600 sq. miles. :thumbs: :pouty: :sad:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Kind of tough for 9 full time & 9 seasonal people to manage all 1000 lakes not to mention all the river areas. I read somewhere recently where the average CO now covers ~ 600 sq. miles. :thumbs: :pouty: :sad:
:doah: :doah: figure 4-4 1/2 months of summer, 1000 lakes that about 8 lakes a day. whats the problem????????????? :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :doah:

besides they don't hit each lake every year and some rarely.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Wowser, you best clear off all the snow this winter to keep the weeds oxygenateing the lake from here on out.. seriously tho, lakes go thru cycles but it all comes back..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
lets just say that little pike honey hole north of us looked pretty extreme. he thinks the water is low this year...….he shoulda seen it the past 2 years. the water level is way up compared.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The more of those little pike you catch the more you are helping the fishery.  I love eating those little pike.  Not hard to get the Y bones out neither. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:doah: :doah: figure 4-4 1/2 months of summer, 1000 lakes that about 8 lakes a day. whats the problem????????????? :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :doah:

besides they don't hit each lake every year and some rarely.
:scratch:  Sure sounds EZ. :tut: :pouty: 'Spose  you'd have them ignore the ones that get all the traffic & bring all the people 'round spendin lots of $. :scratch: So fewer people  :fishing:, fewer licenses sold, less $ for DNR, so even fewer full time employees. Personally I think the DNR wastes way too much $ on the fat cats in St. Paul, who do very little to help most of us or even goin to court to fight over the name of a lake :thumbs: :bonk:
« Last Edit: September 09/10/19, 12:31:44 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well that sucks, long range forecast for next Friday and sat a 49% and 50% chance of storms. :angry2: :angry2:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Well that sucks, long range forecast for next Friday and sat a 49% and 50% chance of storms. :angry2: :angry2:
  :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry: Maybe more :angel: & less  :evil:........................................................... can't hurt, might even help. :whistling: ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Me??? :angel: :angel: I'm a saint. :rolleyes: