Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635281 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Will he haul Smurfs away for that?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe Glenn bought it?  Man $75.  What a bargain.  Sounds like the new annual program to me.   :happy1: :happy1:
Kinda what we thought too, LPS. Within 20-30 minutes of talkin to the guy we both agreed for that $ we may want to use him in the Spring & Fall every year.  :happybounce: :cool: We knew he did a lot of others on the lake, docks too, but figured he'd get $200-300 a pop.

that's what I learned a few years ago...  hire help it's worth it!!!  just my dock and lift out of the lake less than a hour ago..  good feeling too..  I help with my wheeler and rope...  now I have hired a friends kids and they are awesome!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darned right! My front lawn is getting mown as we speak!  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1:   I even got the snow blower all put together so it's ready too!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe Glenn bought it?  Man $75.  What a bargain.  Sounds like the new annual program to me.   :happy1: :happy1:
Kinda what we thought too, LPS. Within 20-30 minutes of talkin to the guy we both agreed for that $ we may want to use him in the Spring & Fall every year.  :happybounce: :cool: We knew he did a lot of others on the lake, docks too, but figured he'd get $200-300 a pop.

that's what I learned a few years ago...  hire help it's worth it!!!  just my dock and lift out of the lake less than a hour ago..  good feeling too..  I help with my wheeler and rope...  now I have hired a friends kids and they are awesome!!! 
There's a young guy on our bay that hires out helpin people with their gear Spring & Fall too  :cool: Very reasonable from what I hear too but no barge.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :scratch: Doubt it, I wouldn't. ;) :rolleyes: I'd want at least double that. :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:happy1: :scratch: Doubt it, I wouldn't. ;) :rolleyes: I'd want at least double that. :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :confused: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my brother sent me a text last nite that pizzez me off totally, :confused: :confused: him and his mother decided to use the cabin the second weekend of dec to go up fishing. i've had that weekend for at least 15 years and all of a sudden they think its the first weekend i go up.

neither one are considerate enough nor smart enough to ask me first which weekend i usually go. i sure hope he gets time to put chains on the wheelers cause i sure as hell aint friggin doing it now.   :angry2: :angry2:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
my brother sent me a text last nite that pizzez me off totally, :confused: :confused: him and his mother decided to use the cabin the second weekend of dec to go up fishing. i've had that weekend for at least 15 years and all of a sudden they think its the first weekend i go up.

neither one are considerate enough nor smart enough to ask me first which weekend i usually go. i sure hope he gets time to put chains on the wheelers cause i sure as hell aint friggin doing it now.   :angry2: :angry2:
:bonk: :tut: Or that's what's best for him/them & they didn't give a rats :moon::thumbs: :mad1: :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:bonk: :tut: Or that's what's best for him/them & they didn't give a rats :moon::thumbs: :mad1: :pouty:
naw its more of absent minded, not smart enough to ask first. :doah: :censored: :doofus: :doofus: :confused:

its OK there are other weekends.......... but yea he heard about it and naturally passed it off on me to deal with mom. mommy's favorite ya know. dont wanna make mommy made!
« Last Edit: October 10/21/19, 09:18:15 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So your thinkin it was most likely his moms  ;) idea? :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: So your thinkin it was most likely his moms  ;) idea? :confused:
yep!!!!!!! but i've noticed she seems to forget things lately or dont remember, she is like 84. or she does it on purpose. her filter is going wacko to , some of the things she says, she doesnt need to say at times. :confused: :confused: :pouty:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's sad Glenn....

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Most people call that old age. :scratch: Mom's 88 & we get that sometimes too. :rolleyes: :pouty: Just have to realize whats happening with them & not take it to heart. :surrender:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Most people call that old age. :scratch: Mom's 88 & we get that sometimes too. :rolleyes: :pouty: Just have to realize whats happening with them & not take it to heart. :surrender:
i get that but to mess with my first weekend of spear chuckin..................... :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :confused: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :bonk: Some days I bet it seems like the WHOLE world is out to mess :bs: with glenn, doesn't it? :sleazy: :crazy: :pouty: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :bonk: Some days I bet it seems like the WHOLE world is out to mess :bs: with glenn, doesn't it? :sleazy: :crazy: :pouty: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: yea somedays..........but i get even sooner or later!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :rolleyes: :cool:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
i get that but to mess with my first weekend of spear chuckin..................... :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :confused: :rotflmao:

Oh, poor liddle fella.  :violin:  Maybe it's that stoopid wagglin' finger.......... :oscar:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Oh, poor liddle fella.  :violin:  Maybe it's that stoopid wagglin' finger.......... :oscar:
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: awe go take your rubby ducky and play in the street and in da rain!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning:

and just for you............... :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

morning REB!!!!!!! :cool: :dancinred: :dancinred: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonder how long it will be before we hear of ice fishing reports up there.  :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There are a lot of posts on Nextdoor about it icing up. Some drone shots from the weekend showed a big area of open water in front of the PA & a ways north up the narrows as well as another big area from shore to shore just south of the islands on Sand. The cold temps last week helped I'm sure but the wind of Sunday/Monday probably took care of some of that. Just peeked at Modis yday as it was the 1st clear day in a while. Didn't look real close but Leech & Winnie/Cutfoot looked pretty close to being locked up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that mud puddle your talking about considered a real lake?? :scratch: :scratch: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :mooning:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut: Don't think :scratch: there's EVER been much winter kill let alone froze out like some of the mud puddles in the area.  :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree. :rotflmao: but it sure was good getting a good poke first thing in the morning. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: when you headed back up?? :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree. :rotflmao: but it sure was good getting a good poke first thing in the morning. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: when you headed back up?? :scratch:
:swords:  ;) :laugh: Got a 2nd roll off dumpster filled last weekend in Austin so got good start on the house. We'll probably go back up there for at least a couple days yet this week. Brother has a bunch of appts early next week(eye clinic, dr, & dentist), Sis's for Turkey Day but we might fly up next Friday, just for a short stay. Probably come back Monday or Tuesday.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just got a weather alert for up north. looks pretty crappy............one would think Gunner's up  there!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sure is gonna be fun pokin da bear when he's not around to defend himself or shoot back!!!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :dancinred: :dancinred: :nerd: :nerd: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm...that from the guy that whines grouses about when he's gone that we.....O, never mind!  :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm...that from the guy that whines grouses about when he's gone that we.....O, never mind!  :nerd:
yea but........dats different!!!!!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: