Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635744 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope!  Not a bit!  And quit waggling that stoopid finger!
  :bonk: You tell 'em Reb!! ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Geiger's camera been showing snow since ~ noon. TWC's WSW for up there is saying 5-11" by noon tomorrow for DR :pouty:, 9-15" over around the big lake where Reiny goes.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Five inches would be all right but we don't need more than that or the lakes will end up like last year. :mad1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Five inches would be all right but we don't need more than that or the lakes will end up like last year. :mad1:
that depends on what they got Thursday/ Friday. :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked out TE's camera early, 'bout sunrise( 7 ish) & swore I seen some lights out on the lake to the east of them. Could've easily been out front of the PA on 35 & it was headlights so I'm thinkin it was a couple 4 wheelers. Can't see 'em out there now but lookin at the snow on their deck now it looks like they got plenty. I've been in contact with our neighbor up there recently & they said the Wed/Thurs of the week before Thanksgiving we had 7" over there. Geiger's didn't look like they got anywhere near that much then, looks to me like they have more today than they had before turkey day. :doah: :sad: :thumbs: :pouty:
« Last Edit: December 12/01/19, 10:12:17 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: not good for the lakes. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

wonder how my mom and brother are going to fair in 2 weeks...…….now i'm glad I wont be the first one up there!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: suckas!!!!!! :smoking:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Really sucks. Last year I paid $600 in plowing and never fished until all the snow melted so I was hoping this year would be a year to make up for that. Doesn't look like that so far.       :angry:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I spent from right after New Years 'til the end of March up there the last 2 seasons & think :scratch: I only got out once, not at all last year.  :thumbs: :pouty: :bonk: :banghead: :taz: :sad:
« Last Edit: December 12/01/19, 10:29:25 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't even think we got plowed out last year. it was great the second weekend of December last year. planned to go new years but that got shut down, I did go up before that new years blizzard just to get all my stuff back home. I did go check the lake after it mostly melted but broke thru the top layer into 6 inches of water....no thanks.

my nephew went up super bowl weekend and he spent 4 hours just to get out on the lake to fish.....idiot. and of course if someone didn't pay to get it plowed out, he wasn't. :confused: :confused:

yep looking like another one of those years. :angry2: :angry2:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Wasn't he the 1 who started the Great Furnace Caper up there? Never did hear how that ended &/or what the real issue was? :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yepper……..I don't really remember either...…….I washed my hands of it. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :surrender: :surrender:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just sent a text to my coworker...….informant up there...……..see what he says!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
He says get up and fish early ice, now is the time..  :crazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
yepper……..I don't really remember either...…….I washed my hands of it. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :surrender: :surrender:
I'm bettin :scratch: they didn't want you to find out what needed to be done either. :tut:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Naw I usually get the quilt trip. How much it cost  :blablabla: :blablabla: :blablabla:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Naw I usually get the quilt trip. How much it cost  :blablabla: :blablabla: :blablabla:
Bet the rest probably don't help support the place much, if at all. :sad:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My informant just got back to me. They had 6 inches of snow this round but hasn't heard an ice report yet. So not sure how much snow they had before???

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just what they had when you went up the last time is all I know of. With the wind they've had the ice over at Geiger's looked like most of that had blown off.
« Last Edit: December 12/02/19, 05:22:38 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like there's some 4 wheeler tracks goin out of Geiger's today.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Saw that Gunner, we were going to go up next week but now the temps are supposed to be cold. Only a high of -2 on Wednesday. I think I will wait till the week before Xmas.   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw that Gunner, we were going to go up next week but now the temps are supposed to be cold. Only a high of -2 on Wednesday. I think I will wait till the week before Xmas.   :happy1:
your gonna let a little cold stop you?? :pouty: :pouty: you retired guys getting soft. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yes young man that's what's nice about retirement. Fish when it's nice and stay home and relax when it's cold.     :happy1: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: I hear ya. Usually back where we are if it's predicting -2 it's usually -15 actual temp. I know where your coming from. :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
your gonna let a little cold stop you?? :pouty: :pouty: you retired guys getting soft. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:
:tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :pouty: :pouty: Reb wanted me too! ;) :rolleyes:  :nerd: :nerd:
« Last Edit: December 12/03/19, 02:34:27 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like they made 1 pass at the top of their ramp with the plow in the last couple days.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
:tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :pouty: :pouty: Reb wanted me too! ;) :rolleyes:  :nerd: :nerd:
« Last Edit: December 12/05/19, 09:28:26 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Gunner, Bowstring Shores said they had 9" of ice in front of their resort on Dec. first. They also have new owners over there which I just saw.   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So I can't keep those resorts on bowstring straight. :doofus: :doofus: is bowstring shores one of the resorts along 35 or the one out on the point to the left as you look out on the lake from the 36 access?? The resort with the big dock system before it goes into that bay???

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :confused: It's not on 35 & 36 only goes around Sand to my knowledge. It's SE of PA on 35 kinda down by the airport. I don't check their camera much but it did look like they had quite the set up of docks & lifts, last I looked.