Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635654 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard from a relative this week who lives down here & he usually goes up to Nodaks the last weekend of walleye season. He wanted to know if I knew of any places they could go as Nodaks has been closed all winter. He had looked at LOW but said they were almost double what they usually paid. Gave him a few places to check out.
« Last Edit: February 02/01/20, 10:49:38 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey gunner, you look at the geigers cam lately???? looks like a mess out in front  :scratch: maybe with the melting and wind might of had something to do with. kinda hard to tell?????? :doah: :doah: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like somebody had ideas of walking out but thought better of it after gettin on the lake at Geiger's. Nobody around over at WN.
  :rolleyes: :happy1: :doah: ya so  :doofus: :bonk: ;) :laugh: :laugh:     Looked yday & it didn't seem any worse than Saturday to me. :scratch:  B Shores must've had some guests again last night again though as the lights were on.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, just looked again. Not much change since Saturday IMO.  I noticed all the footprints on their ramp 1st then but the shoreline was like that too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sure is quiet up that way. but i'm gonna change that!!!! :happy1: :sleazy: gotta spend a few days in grand rapids starting feb 26. :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i just got off the phone with a feller from deer river.........he said the air temp was -44!!!!!! UFFDA!!!!!!! :doofus:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Some tracks goin out of Geiger's this morning, don't think :scratch: they were there yday. Knd of look like snowmobile to me. :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yeppers. sled tracks for sure. i'll be headed that way wed morning. :happy1: :happy1: but fer work.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :offtopic: :offtopic: :banghead: training-087 :taz: :moon:                                                     :whistling::laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like a nice sunshine filled day up on those cams. looks like recent snowmobile activity heading out on the lakes too!!!!!

iffin i could only get into the cabin, i'd think about taking a swing at some crappies and perch on bowstring. :pouty: :pouty:

maybe even see if there are any fish alive in the cabin lake yet!!!!!!! :bonk: :pouty:

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I was in that area today.  When I went by Ball Club I could see ONE group of people fishing on the NE side.  They were on sleds.  Few out on Winnie and a few in those back in the woods lakes.   NOTHING compared to what it would be like normal this time of the year.  The river by Ball Club was already opening up and dang is it high. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Big Ball Club? Been over GDP lately? Just wondering how it looks at Winnie Dam?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like a nice sunshine filled day up on those cams. looks like recent snowmobile activity heading out on the lakes too!!!!!

iffin i could only get into the cabin, i'd think about taking a swing at some crappies and perch on bowstring. :pouty: :pouty:

maybe even see if there are any fish alive in the cabin lake yet!!!!!!! :bonk: :pouty:
:tut: :pouty:     :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry:    ;)  :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:        :whistling:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Merc, Gunner have you heard anything about bowstring starting to have low oxigen levels??? My coworker that lives on hwy 6 just north of otenagen road had heard rumors to that affect. :scratch:

Oh yes Gunner... BITE ME!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Big Ball Club? Been over GDP lately? Just wondering how it looks at Winnie Dam?

Yes, Big Ball Club.  I have not been by GDP or the damn.   Based on how much water is on the river going under the high way I would say there is some serious current coming out of the lake.   Or are you looking for above the dam ?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I was wonderin :scratch: what it looked like right above the dam. Ice turnin dark yet? I wouldn't be  :shocked: to learn that they have the gates open quite bit more than usual with all the  :snow5: they've had.  :crazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Merc, Gunner have you heard anything about bowstring starting to have low oxigen levels??? My coworker that lives on hwy 6 just north of otenagen road had heard rumors to that affect. :scratch:

:oops1: :sorry:                                          :scratch: :doah:  :bonk: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

No, I haven't heard anything to that effect glenn. Wouldn't be totally shocked to hear there's somethin to it though as it not real deep. I believe 30-35' is the deepest, isn't it? :scratch: Not sure how much current runs through it either, going out to Sand I'd think would be OK but the feeders comin in on the SE aren't very big, are they? :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Gonna see a lot of that this spring, I would think,  with the heavy snowpack cutting out all light....

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
None of the resorts are saying anything on there facebook pages but even if it was true I'm sure they would not admit it. It's really hard to believe but I guess anything is possible. Heading up next week so I will do my investigating work.   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
None of the resorts are saying anything on there facebook pages but even if it was true I'm sure they would not admit it. It's really hard to believe but I guess anything is possible. Heading up next week so I will do my investigating work.   :happy1:
yea...……..i'm sure someone at hayslips might know!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If you ever need an answer to any question the people at Hayslips always have it. The smartest people I know.      :rotflmao:     :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
If you ever need an answer to any question the people at Hayslips always have it. The smartest people I know.      :rotflmao:     :happy1:
   :scratch: Even glenn?   :shocked: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :crazy:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
No, no not Glenn. He always has questions but never has any answers.     :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Figured they'd see him :evil: comin & lock the door. :sleazy: :rolleyes:  ;D ;D

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No, no not Glenn. He always has questions but never has any answers.     :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :tut:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so I left for rapids this morning early enough the plan on going to check out the cabin. on my way up I noticed only 1 fishhouse on serpant lake in Crosby. there where about 1o out on rabbit, but not as many as the last time through. between outing and remer I seen 10 deer out in a swamp wondering around. I seen some in the same swamp last time up, but not sure why there in there, I cant imagine food, but they didn't seem to be in deep snow.

well got to the cabin road and I expected to see the same crap. but WOOZER was I surprised. that big bank was gone. I drove the car all the way into the cabin. someone did one bang up job plowing out all the way to the cabin, they also plowed down to the neighbors place. but holy Hannah are there snowbanks..

now the odd part, I don't know if I should care or be pissed. someone was at the cabin after he plowed out. so I was with my mom and brother all day yesterday. I intentionally brought the cabin up a few times and was basically ignored. expect my stepdad asked if I was going over there.  I said maybe??? and left it.

so how do I know someone was there????? glad you asked!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: there was a path shoveled to the outhouse, the deck to the cabin door was shoveled off and 2 shovels where stuck in the snow. when i left there was 1 on the deck. the curtains in the cabin where left open, orders are to shut them. a path was shoveled to the outhouse, the bank was shoveled to get a 4 wheeler outta the shed and they shoveled a path to get to the lake...…and wheeler tracks out on the lake.

so i went over and talked to the new guy on the block. nice kid. found out he had temporarily piled that snow there and after he had time plowed us out. we had a great talk, said he hasnt been on the lake all winter because of the conditions. we  :bs: more. he belongs to the 49ers union and is around all winter but gone most of the summer. told me if i needed anything to let him know. so we will be trading contact info soon!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh yea he said he hasn't seen any activity on the lake all year.

I did see one deer going back to deer river...……..there's way enough snow up there that there sticking to paths they've made.

went I went through talmoon I think it was even to early for Merc to be at hayslips too!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: