Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635485 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yeah, I know we've talked 'bout this before. It was more for merc's or anybody else that might be like minded benefit. Maybe even for future refernce.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks guys, Glenn I will contact them for sure but I might wait until the ice is off so I can state my case better.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys, Glenn I will contact them for sure but I might wait until the ice is off so I can state my case better.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow that sucks.   I’m sure there is lots of these lakes this year.  I know a couple not far from me are froze out too

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow that sucks.   I’m sure there is lots of these lakes this year.  I know a couple not far from me are froze out too
yea it sure does. we've had the place since 1965 and that lake has been very, very good to us through the years. :pouty: well making a list of differnet lakes to check out now!!!!!!! some i havent been on in years, some since i was a kid!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
If this COVID-19 stuff doesn't turn the corner in the next month or so it could be a really tough year for any of the businesses up there who rely on the fishermen.  :crazy:  Wonder if they've ever called off Opening Day? :scratch: I've never heard of it, if they have. :confused: Might this year. :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea not sure........i've heard agruements about shelter being a neceseccity so resorts and motels would be aloud to stay open. thats the arguement anyway  :scratch:

i see no gain in not allowing outdoor activities. all i know it sure was weird driving by the sportsmans cafe this weekend in deer river with no cars parked there. the sign said they were open for takeouts....... kinda takes the idea of eating there away.

i stopped at the bowstring store for minnows, kinda a cutie working there,  :smoking: :sleazy: but seen a poster that also said Rileys was still open to takeouts...................

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Would they stay open even if there's no customers? :scratch: Many will probably be too scared & the rest will be too broke? :sad: Bet 3/4 of the families live paycheck to paycheck these days & that's with both parents working. So what happens when they're both gettin UE? :crazy:
« Last Edit: March 03/23/20, 09:06:15 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i sent an email to the fisheries people right after lunch about the lake, i got a reply back from them a bit ago.  :confused: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

when i ever cool down.................i aint finished yet. dem sumbiteeches are getting an earfull. sams babble effin  :bs: :bs: i heard last yeat and they aint even checked the lake.

what i should do is copy off that email.........make a bunch of copies and go around the lake and put this in every cabins doorway so they all see what is going on.
« Last Edit: March 03/23/20, 03:24:05 PM by glenn57 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Merc, Gunner............check your emails!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: my brother just sent me a reply to the DNR response. He said...

Translation.... Do whatever you have to do to restock the lake!!!👍👍👍 :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Pretty much what I thought they'd say. :confused: Knew they wouldn't tell you what you were hopin to hear.  :doah: :rolleyes: :crazy:
« Last Edit: March 03/23/20, 06:30:25 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenn, well according to them if any fish would happen to be alive they are going to get big. What an answer. Or buy your own fish and put them in there if you want fish. At least you would think they would say that come spring they will check it out but the money goes to walleye stocking and that lake doesn't fit into that class. I will contact them come ice out. Good luck,it is a cool lake.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, well according to them if any fish would happen to be alive they are going to get big. What an answer. Or buy your own fish and put them in there if you want fish. At least you would think they would say that come spring they will check it out but the money goes to walleye stocking and that lake doesn't fit into that class. I will contact them come ice out. Good luck,it is a cool lake.   
thanks Merc. :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
With the current economic situation I wouldn't be surprised if some of these people(GR) are worried about their jobs. Let alone how much of a budget they are allowed by the big wigs in St Paul. Bet none of them in St. Paul get laid off or have their budget slashed. :thumbs: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope I'm wrong & they surprise me. :happy1: :cool:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well I have a plan in place. :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy: I always head up sometime a week or 2 before opener to cut wood, clean up, just do stuff to get ready for the summer.

i'm making copies of them emails and I WILL be sticking them in each cabin/residence door asking them to contact these people. i'm gonna wait a dy or 2 then respond to that email he sent. agaianst my moms wishes! :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil: :evil:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: How well do they know you? ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
as an outstanding citizen and world class fishermen!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: So NOT very well!! :doah: :nerd: :nerd: They MIGHT :scratch: do what you  :evil: ask then. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/25/20, 01:48:33 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
as an outstanding citizen and world class fishermen!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Do they know you  :smoking:  a lot?     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like there's a tent way to the west on the Narrows cam right now. :scratch:
« Last Edit: March 03/26/20, 11:13:34 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like a lot of water on those cams up there. some more then others. looks like a couple are out fishing in front of bobbers place.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah it does. There was a tent way off to the west earlier(~ 9-10) today too. It looked like it was almost in the birdhouse on the other cam.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
2 porties way over west today, might be the same ones as them on Bobber's cam yday. :scratch: That north side of the west Narrows is lookin like could open up 'bout anytime today to me.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like they didn't get the mess we got up there!!!!! they don't need more snow. looks like some open water maybe on the cam on the narrows out in front of that dock!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's some bare ground along side their ramp & on the shoreline to the north of the little shack at Geiger's too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Defintely a spot of open water just off the left corner of the fishing pier on the Narrows cam today

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
seen that...…...don't believe that was like that yesterday, last i looked.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No, don't think it was either. The worst spot I seen there yday was out a little farther & a little to the right.