Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635421 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Was it the spring in the switch? :scratch: Probably had to put a whole new switch in though, huh?    :confused:
not sure but that's my guess. I talked to some gal who simply looked on the puter and told me it's done. Find out Monday.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Heading up tomorrow and going fishing for a few days. Glen, if I end up in jail will you bail me out when you come up.     :bow:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Heading up tomorrow and going fishing for a few days. Glen, if I end up in jail will you bail me out when you come up.     :bow:
:happy1: :happy1: sure, you betcha. my brother was up for a week if anyone shoulda been thrown in the clink, it shoulda been him!!!!!! :rotflmao: mom returned home from there yesterday.

rumor has it Rileys is open!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Haven't heard about Riley's but I know they put new siding and windows in.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't heard about Riley's but I know they put new siding and windows in.
my brother has a friend that lives in grand rapids. long story short he called his friend when he got to th cabin and his friend told him he was a Rileys having a beer and burger...….its what mom told mre yesterday! :scratch: :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man a good juicy burger and an ice cold beer sounds damn good.  We all need to meet up somewhere someday and do that. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Man a good juicy burger and an ice cold beer sounds damn good.  We all need to meet up somewhere someday and do that.

I'm in!!!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: sure, you betcha. my brother was up for a week if anyone shoulda been thrown in the clink, it shoulda been him!!!!!! :rotflmao: mom returned home from there yesterday.

rumor has it Rileys is open!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
:tut: Only for take out, so far is what the locals are tellin us. Just like Sportsmans, brother had a lady at Wallyworld tell him this week that they've been almost as busy as what they are normally.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got some lumber in Marcell yday & the younger guys workin said they order from Riley's quite a bit. Also said they just had 1 of their better days ever :cool: & were surprised for it being just take out. I do know that when we stopped at the north access on Sunday last weekend that Riley's had sign right there were get off 35.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mayhaps he did order take out. as usual some of the finer details got left out! :pouty: what threw me was the beer part...…...didn't think they could take or sell it outside??? :scratch:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Bars can sell up to six beers, I believe, to go. It was passed to help keep them going along with the take out food.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Bars can sell up to six beers, I believe, to go. It was passed to help keep them going along with the take out food.
:happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother said when he went to Marcell there was 5 or 6 of Merc's buddies sittin outside at Hayslips on some picnic tables havin a couple. :toast:  :scratch: Might've been on the lookout though thinkin it was 'bout time he showed up. ;) :laugh: Bet :police: don't come 'round there very often so they can get away with a little more.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I may have to check it out this week. I know they are open for off sale, so who knows what rules they have.    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, a lot of 'em around here have an off sale license. Bet they'll be glad to see ya. :cool:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
mayhaps he did order take out. as usual some of the finer details got left out! :pouty: what threw me was the beer part...…...didn't think they could take or sell it outside??? :scratch:
Forgot to mention that Riley's does have a few of the big wooden spools that the utility companies use sitting out in their parking for customers to use as tables if the weather is nice. :cool: Brother said there was a few around 'em yday afternoon.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for them!!👍 10 news last night interviewd the manager for the 6 area Shady's. These folks are seriously hurting.

Also got an email from the DNR red flag warning up that way.
« Last Edit: May 05/18/20, 06:40:54 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not surprised as it's been so dry that there has hardly even been any dew in the mornings. There's only been a day or 2 where I needed to put on my Muck slip ons so my feet didn't get wet. Been pretty windy just about everyday too. Took the wheeler down to the NW access twice this weekend & only 2 rigs both times. Must've slowed down over there or there'd been more locals over there. That or everyone's waitin for next weekend.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Made a quick run to GR today as we needed a few things & tryin to free up some :fishing: time. Maybe even run up to URL, dependin on the weather. :scratch: Leavin there today I noticed the sign at the place on Hwy 2 were you liked their Reubens. It said closed & the VFW comin soon. The old VFW was completely tore down last week so I was wonderin what was goin on.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Made a quick run to GR today as we needed a few things & tryin to free up some :fishing: time. Maybe even run up to URL, dependin on the weather. :scratch: Leavin there today I noticed the sign at the place on Hwy 2 were you liked their Reubens. It said closed & the VFW comin soon. The old VFW was completely tore down last week so I was wonderin what was goin on.
well if that rueben was anything like the rest of there food I can see why it's no longer opening. The food  at the pickled loon in st cloud was great. There was a place called Grandma's saloon on hwy 6 north of Emily, that is now a pickled loon, still alot of cars there when I drove by.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got the boat back last nite. the fix it ticket said it was a bad fuse holder to the motor, I looked a bit and never did find it, but i'll take a more in-depth look when I start putting all my stuff back in the boat.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
well if that rueben was anything like the rest of there food I can see why it's no longer opening. The food  at the pickled loon in st cloud was great. There was a place called Grandma's saloon on hwy 6 north of Emily, that is now a pickled loon, still alot of cars there when I drove by.
:scratch: No, no............................I said the 1 on Hwy 2 & that was Toivo's or something like that, wasn't it.?  :confused: I thought you liked the Reuben at the place by the Goodwill store. The Pickled Loon in GR is out by Zorbas & the Pokegama bridge isn't it? We don't get out 169 that far very often.
« Last Edit: May 05/19/20, 07:33:40 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Toivi's is closed???????? NOOOooooooooooooooooo  :taz: :taz: :taz: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 that bites!!!!!!!!

yea I was confused, when yo said Rueben...…….that one at the pickled look still haunts me!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:

but rumor up there was Toivis was up for sale!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: they had a points program I used, spend a hundred bucks, and you got 10 bucks off next bill.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
got the boat back last nite. the fix it ticket said it was a bad fuse holder to the motor, I looked a bit and never did find it, but i'll take a more in-depth look when I start putting all my stuff back in the boat.
:scratch: I don't believe there's a in line fuse on our main hot wire going to the starting battery. I know there is 1 on the switch & the rest of the console though. :confused:
« Last Edit: May 05/19/20, 11:16:22 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Toivi's is closed???????? NOOOooooooooooooooooo  :taz: :taz: :taz: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 that bites!!!!!!!!

yea I was confused, when yo said Rueben...…….that one at the pickled look still haunts me!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:

but rumor up there was Toivis was up for sale!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: they had a points program I used, spend a hundred bucks, and you got 10 bucks off next bill.
Yeah, it said for sale on their sign when we came up, the end of April.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Best talk to your buddy on Oteneagen Rd & see what up with Mn 6 too. Orange signs up all over saying it was closed yday. MnDOT is saying they are resurfacing from just north of him all the way up to just north of Talmoon or Little Too Much Lake where they're replacing a culvert.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Best talk to your buddy on Oteneagen Rd & see what up with Mn 6 too. Orange signs up all over saying it was closed yday. MnDOT is saying they are resurfacing from just north of him all the way up to just north of Talmoon or Little Too Much Lake where they're replacing a culvert.
UFFDA.........yea i'll send him a text...........he's currently being paid by trump!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

oh and he doesnt live in otenagen road.........just north of there, the tarred driveway that goes up the hill before after that big house out in the open. and that house is my good friend the CO!!!!!!! :smoking: :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/19/20, 11:33:38 AM by glenn57 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my pal got back to me. he said the Toivi's deal is correct.  HWY6, he said there is some work in town and the culvert work is by the deer/moose lake road and will be a couple weeks???????

i took a look on the DOT website..........they dont show sheet.  :bonk: :bonk: :banghead: :banghead: guess we'll find out soon enough. kid is headed up friday!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
if it's a cty road they won't show it on mindot.... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
if it's a cty road they won't show it on mindot....
HWY 6 is a state hwy though..........all it shows is some color coding and according to the ledger its the speed of the hwy???????? :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: