Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 631699 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: she was very talkative and afraid of no topic. I like her. I get the feeling I could give her all kinds of crap. :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fun as heck.   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got back from GR ~ 12:30 & we had another 1/4", still rainin too. :happy1: L & M & WW were packed, Aldi's was kind of quiet. More boats on the road today the we seen total this trip. Some comin north on our way in but double that headed south on our way home.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Well there hasn't been any native drums beating down at the Pow Wow Grounds yet. ;) Haven't heard any sirens either. :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Thought I heard some drums beatin yday a couple times.  Either they were havin a little party down there or glenn's been causin trouble......................................again. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he's been back in CS since Friday....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: He came home early? :huh: That's not like him, hope everything is OK. Hmmm, no posts either.  :confused: Guess I can't blame the native uprising on him then. :doah:                       ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe he is over at his NL's house. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
he's been back in CS since Friday....
:tut: :tut: :tut: I got back Saturday about noon. I was very limited to where I could fish as our lake is toast. fished the little lake behind the old school. lot of gunner size sunfish!!!!!! :rotflmao: no nords. wed I went from no shirt to thurs wearing t-shirt long sleeve shirt and a sweatshirt. all fish I caught went back in.

worked my butt off..cut the whole yard...…….with a push mower and cut split and stacked wood.

good news is this wed i'm headed back up with a friend and then its LOOK OUT FISH!!!!!!!! :fish2: :fish2: :fishing: :fishing: :Fish: :stillfish: :stillfish:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :mooning: :pouty:                :scratch: You know what Boar would have to say 'bout that, don't ya?                      :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :mooning: :pouty:                :scratch: You know what Boar would have to say 'bout that, don't ya?                      :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
:scratch: so who's this boar you speak of? :scratch: :scratch: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: so who's this boar you speak of? :scratch: :scratch: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:shocked: :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Thought you had a rider up here. :confused: What the kid couldn't get the push mower started? ;) :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We do, it's my brother's but it ran like crap so I'm deligating it to someone else. :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenn, a friend is going up with you? I didn't know there was one around.     :rotflmao:    Hope after that remark you will answer my question.    :bow:     Is the detour still going on six or is it done? Thank you. I have friends too and we are going up next week so just curious.     :happy1: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, a friend is going up with you? I didn't know there was one around.     :rotflmao:    Hope after that remark you will answer my question.    :bow:     Is the detour still going on six or is it done? Thank you. I have friends too and we are going up next week so just curious.     :happy1:
:rotflmao: :confused: :banghead: training-087 Yea but we're are driving separately. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and yes the detour is alive and well. Thinking I'm gonna take the bowstring/ Inger road wed to see if there is an iowa license plate in Inger. :rotflmao: I went into squaw lake last time.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Itasca county is getting hit with a thunder storm now.! :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :confused: :banghead: training-087 Yea but we're are driving separately. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and yes the detour is alive and well. Thinking I'm gonna take the bowstring/ Inger road wed to see if there is an iowa license plate in Inger. :rotflmao: I went into squaw lake last time.
:tut: :mooning: :pouty: Back in Ia now, we crossed the border ~ 11:30 yday so. :moon: It's a lot warmer, wetter & quite a bit quieter down here.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Itasca county is getting hit with a thunder storm now.! :confused:
Some pics on Nextdoor from the west side of the main lake from last night, they have some 2-3" hail in their hand from that storm. They said it hit ~ 9:15, the neighbor across the road from us said they had a few minutes of 1/4" hail. :crazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I talked to my pal just up from the otenagen road today...…...he never mentioned getting any hail  :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, he's got to be close to 8, maybe more, miles south of us & the people out on the lake are closer to 3 miles if you go by boat so.......................... :crazy: They are going to have somebody come out to look at their roof, said the boat, lift, & canopy was fine though.
« Last Edit: June 06/03/20, 07:44:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well fellers I be back!!! :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: we took 18 snot rockets out of gunners lake Thursday. And a few more out of bowstring later that day. Caught alot of small ones to small to keep on both lakes.

Friday we headed to lake Z and scored big time on nice sunfish. I haven't been on the lake since high school. Sat we hit a lake north of talmoon on hwy 6. Caught and released about 20 pike. And only one was over 26 inches.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I fish lake Z a lot and there really are nice sunfish in there. Heading up this week and I'm sure I'll fish it.    :rotflmao:  Is the detour still on? Thanks!!    :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I fish lake Z a lot and there really are nice sunfish in there. Heading up this week and I'm sure I'll fish it.    :rotflmao:  Is the detour still on? Thanks!!    :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: if your thinking of lake Z that's next to lake Q, yep that's the one!! :super smiley: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Yes the detour is still on. Good luck

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So is Z a code name for lake Zucchini?  I'm gonna find it......

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So is Z a code name for lake Zucchini?  I'm gonna find it......
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: nope. Code for zecret lake. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: You know merc, it can't be very far from Peterson or 57 wouldn't have been able to find his way home. :drinking: ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: You know merc, it can't be very far from Peterson or 57 wouldn't have been able to find his way home. :drinking: ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: I wasn't driving!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
one of the girls driving!!!  from Inger!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
one of the girls driving!!!  from Inger!!
:tut: :tut: :tut: stay outta dis. :rolleyes: :tut: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I ain't messing in those iowegians turf. :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/09/20, 03:59:41 PM by glenn57 »