Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: green lake/ spicer  (Read 9485 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
OK general got any hot info on green. walleyes or smallies? would like to fish it, weather permiting this sat afternoon/evening. 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I have yet to fish Green yet this year.  I have always had my best luck for big small mouth when their is an east wind and fishing lone tree.  Walleye I did alright fishing after dark pulling a number 9 Rapala up on top the bars and points over by the beach in town.  I also had ok luck last year fishing the sharp drop offs that go into 40 feet of water on HOT calm days with a lindy rig.  IF you don't see the fish sitting on the drop off or right where it starts to level off into deeper water move until you find them.  Last year too I had to get off that lake for all the people pulling tons of dinky walleye's out of the 100ft hole.  I was getting a little upset to say the least.  Plus they had to keep them all too, no use to throw back dead fish anyway. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK,THANKS FOR THE INFO! hopefully the wind and rain stays away for a bit!

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
How are the pike doing on green lake? I know couple years ago there were some nice pike taken out !

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sorry I can't help you their.  I try not to even let one of those in my boat.  ;)

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
general doesnt like fishing for real fish  :rotflmao: jk!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry I can't help you their.  I try not to even let one of those in my boat.  ;)
man you sound like a friend of mine from your area. well close he lives down by redwood falls. he calls them glenn fish................fine by me!1

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
general doesnt like fishing for real fish  :rotflmao: jk!
yea i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :bonk: ;D ;D

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Big talk from one chump who isn't in the fishing challenge and one who already gave up. ;D

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well general gonna be hard to win if ya dont have "one of them"  in your total fish count. lol i gave up, because im tired of having to wrestle with the fish to get a decent photo...BUT lucky for you that i have, because i caught "one of them" 14lbers 2 weeks ago haha pictures to prove it to :dancinred: but i do beleive my name is still on that team, so  :moon: :moon:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
well general gonna be hard to win if ya dont have "one of them"  in your total fish count. lol i gave up, because im tired of having to wrestle with the fish to get a decent photo...BUT lucky for you that i have, because i caught "one of them" 14lbers 2 weeks ago haha pictures to prove it to :dancinred: but i do beleive my name is still on that team, so  :moon: :moon:

Not sure about lucky for me, but very unlucky for your team.  I guess though if a 14 lb fish man handles you........do they send out a 7th grade girl to block you on the football line then too.   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Big talk from one chump who isn't in the fishing challenge and one who already gave up. ;D
YOU TALKN TOO ME??????????????????????? training-087 training-087 ;D ;D ;D told ya before, just got compfy over here on this site. will do next year. besides i had i little teeny weinie surgery this past spring, set me back a bit. thats actually how i got to spend more time here.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
lol fish are different, i dont want to harm them, cant say the same for the opposing team :) must be doing something right when ive had calls from 2 different arena football teams and have a tryout :)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
never made it out to green. :banghead: training-087 thie is really getting frustrating! the weather  just didnt look like it would cooperate and when we did decide to think it would be good to go it was a little late.one of these days.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
lol fish are different, i dont want to harm them, cant say the same for the opposing team :) must be doing something right when ive had calls from 2 different arena football teams and have a tryout :)

Good luck with that Cody hope it goes well. 

Glenn:  I was out on Long for the past week.  The crappies were biting.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea the sunfish too! i have been stayin off the lake letting them fish do there spawning thing. then i will start chasing them again. theres been a lot of weekenders bringing fish in, kinda bugs me, there full of eggs yet!

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Like Glen said more real fish for us if you dont like the slimers. If you ever have problems where the slimers are bothering you let us know we will come and take of them so you dont have to let them in your boat, ;D

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY GENERAL!!!!!! any word on the walleyes out on green1 if weather and time permits would like to fish it this fall yet!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I would enjoy that but it might end up being a Sunday afternoon.  I haven't heard much about Green, but this time last year people were pulling them up by the live well full over the 110ft hole.  Heard they were just a bunch of cigars but pulling them up from 60ft isn't good.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea that aint good. i caught 6 sunnies and 2 crappies sat nite. had the camera down and seen some pigs......... but real fininky. musta missed 20 plus. i even tried using  the thorne bros rod with the spring bobbers!