Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Family Night on Pool 2  (Read 2836 times)

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
My parents were in town and my Dad loves to fish. He's going on 81 and has a harder time getting around, but it's great to get him in a boat with me. River Dan gave me a call and asked if we wanted to head out to pool 2 with him on Friday evening as they were going pretty good. I asked my Dad and Lizzy if they wanted to go and both got the same excitement in their eyes as they answered "yes".

Friday we went and picked up bait and met Dan down at the river. We got going around 5:30 and headed up from the landing for a little boat ride. We soon arrived at our spot and began rigging worms and minnows, Dan even jigged a minnow. It didn't take long and Lizzy pounded out her first walleye of the night.

Dan, of course was catching fish but didn't get any pictures. I little while into it my Dad tied into something big and fought him for a little while. The smile on his face was priceless as he was bringing it in. It was a fight he hasn't felt in a while and he loved every minute of it. After a few minutes of battle he hauled in a nice 5 lb channel cat. Dan gave him an assist on holding it for the picture.

It took me a little bit of time but I was able to tie into a nice 20" sauger after being on the water a while.

Lizzy and Dan continued to put on a clinic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8mfwRth5rs[/youtube]

This was her biggest walleye of the night.

Lizzy continued to get fish and had Grandpa help her hold this one. The fish flopped just as I snapped.

My biggest of the night, a fat 23" walleye, came in only 2 FOW with a crawler.

Lizzy, with the help of Dan, kept catching fish until we left at dark.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSzNz1OOeuk[/youtube]

It was a great night on the water. Thanks Dan for the trip, it was nice for my Dad to meet you and he already thinks highly of you. Lizzy had a great time as usual. I don't know who enjoys the time more, her or Dan. They spend as much time trash talking each other as they do fishing.

At the end of the night I think we boated around 25-30 fish. Lizzy caught 6 with only one being a sheephead. She had to call Mom and tell her she is a true fisherman cause she caught so many fish.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.