Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bobby Bass Fishing Challenge  (Read 16136 times)

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/31/13, 05:22:00 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline bonecollecter82

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That sounds really intresting
What makes a BoneCollector?
They are the hunters that have the passion to go to the ends of the earth, in pursuit of the basic hunter instincy that was instilled in us at birth and is so often taken away in society.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Been doing some research and the lake list has now grown to thirty-five. Reaching out as far as seventy miles from the home base.  :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
sounds like a bucket list type of achievment(sp).  Great idea!  Are you going to fish alone or do u have an open seat for say a fellow MNOer
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a bucket list type of achievment(sp).  Great idea!  Are you going to fish alone or do u have an open seat for say a fellow MNOer
I have a few dates already penciled in, not to many mno's up my way. But I am fishing some lakes in Pine county.
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
My new Quantum PT Tour reel arrived today and in a word it is Sweet! Going to really break it in fishing in my challenge!  :happybounce:
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    17 fish a day is pretty lofty goal. You are going to need a bigger memory card for your camera.  Good Luck.  :happy1:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
That's a pretty lofty goal Bobby. You better start wearing a thumb guard right off. :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/10/12, 01:13:21 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the 17 fish is about what I average in early season, since I am going to be fishing the entire month of June I am thinking that number should hold out. Got to make it hard or it won't be a challenge. I am already working out with some light weights just to start getting the casting arm and back in shape, I am guessing in 30 days of fishing I should launch about 15,000 casts.  :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 :scratch: I think Bobby you can't win a side bet In less you bet yourself,  ;D

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I think Bobby you can't win a side bet In less you bet yourself,  ;D
:coffee: Don't know where anything was said about a side bet, just a challenge that I want to do. Leave it up to you to make something out of nothing. Pretty much why when this challnge starts in June you will not be reading about it here but will have to go to my web page. You will be to busy making friends here  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
As you know I am planning the Bobby Bass fishing Challenge which I am going to try and fish the thirty days of June on thirty different lakes. The goal is to catch 500 fish with only bass and northern counting. As visitors to the Lodge you can enter in my little side contest which is guess how many Bass and Northern I will catch. The closest guess that does not go over will win with the earliest entry date being the tie breaker in case of a tie. You can only make one guess and you can not edit your guess. I will come up with a prize and I am sure it will have something to do with Lake Iwanttobethere. Pass it on to your fishing buddies and check back for more information and of course watch the tally board when the contest starts.  You can enter right up to June 1st Bobby

http://lakeiwanttobethere.webs.com
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
This fishing challenge is already getting expensive, at least that is what the wife is saying. New rubber on the Tahoe all the way around, at least the tires were a buy three get one free deal. The tires seem to be the cheap part as the balancing has gone up again since the last time I bought a set of tires. New graph has been picked up and I am waiting on a lake map chip. First really warm day I will install it on the Puddle Humper. Now new tires for the trailer and maybe I will spring for new hubs since the ones on there are twenty-two years old. Wife is adding it all up saying it is for this fishing challenge of mine, I am just trying to tell her it is a mant. thing, ( Not mentioning anything about the new reel that I bought or the rod that I am looking at) Hope she don't find the receipts for the lures I am stocking up on!

Thinking twice about the thirty different lakes though, I am looking at about 3,000 miles of driving and with gas slowing rising that might be hard to cover the gas.. Might have to do some sleeping in the back of the Tahoe!
Bobby Bass

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
does your wife mind this one?

Might have to do some sleeping in the back of the Tahoe!

does she beat u or sompthing never seen someone so happy to sleep in there car

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

Nope, :rotflmao: When I was a young lad it was common to fish one lake in the evening then drive to another, camp out and fish the lake in the morning, sometimes would even fish a third lake that afternoon before heading home to charge batteries and eat a home cooked meal.
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Nope, :rotflmao: When I was a young lad it was common to fish one lake in the evening then drive to another, camp out and fish the lake in the morning, sometimes would even fish a third lake that afternoon before heading home to charge batteries and eat a home cooked meal.

If you don't mind me asking. :scratch:      Did you use a buckboard or a covered wagon? :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/21/12, 07:15:32 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao:  lentz you crack me up!! ;D
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

If you don't mind me asking. :scratch:      Did you use a buckboard or a covered wagon? :rotflmao:
Actually I owned a Tandem, the horse could pull a pop up buffalo camper and a birch bark Jon boat. I am surprised you don't remember, I  bought it used from you!  :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well two months till the start of my little challenge. Should get in a few days of fishing before the start and hope to figure out all the bells and whistles on the new graph in the Puddle Humper. Have upgraded three of my rod and reel combinations and will have to get used to them. Working now on putting a tackle order together so that I will have everything on hand that I need. Won't have to much time to be shopping for stuff once I hit the water for thirty days straight. Between fishing as many different waters as I can and making videos to share I will be a busy guy.

Remember you can head to my web page and put in your guess as to how many bass and northern I will catch and win a prize from Lake Iwanttobethere. Just be the closest guess with out going over, your guess needs to be in before the June 1st start. {244}
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/31/13, 05:21:04 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bump:   I will get my guess in.  I like your optimism on #'s /day.  I could see you having some really good days. Unfamiliar waters, unpredictable cold fronts, AIS inspections( :rotflmao:) will all come into play.   My prediction will be based on unpredictable weather(maybe unfishable).  June can be a wild weather month.  I wish you the best of luck.  It sounds like a fun adventure.  I think there will be a couple of fish-less days in there and maybe some you won't even be able to get out.  It is bound to happen.  Good luck!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
:bump:   I will get my guess in.  I like your optimism on #'s /day.  I could see you having some really good days. Unfamiliar waters, unpredictable cold fronts, AIS inspections( :rotflmao:) will all come into play.   My prediction will be based on unpredictable weather(maybe unfishable).  June can be a wild weather month.  I wish you the best of luck.  It sounds like a fun adventure.  I think there will be a couple of fish-less days in there and maybe some you won't even be able to get out.  It is bound to happen.  Good luck!!   :happy1: :happy1:
Fish less days  :scratch: I don't know what those are.
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well my fishing season is pretty much done before it started. I reinjuryed the same ligament in my wrist that I injured two years ago. All the time I spent working on the Puddle Humper and upgrades are not going to get used till mid to late summer. Another reason getting old stinks is healing takes longer, so much for my first summer of fishing and retirement. Add to it that my hand is immobilized and I am typing left handed only. So I will be doing some reading but not to much posting for awhile. For now my fishing challenge is postponed, I still hope to try it come fall.
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
So, this is not good Bobby. It's a proven fact that the aging process has more disadvantages than advantages. Very sorry to hear about your misfortune. The other way to put is; "That's a :censored: rotten deal to have to :censored: deal with and why the :censored: did this have to :censored: happen now." Hope the mending process accelerates for you in time to salvage some of the season.
« Last Edit: May 05/24/12, 11:14:20 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Sorry to hear that Bobby.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
      :sick:    What a bummer.  We won't have BB to kick around this summer. :cry:   

ps.    Stay off the ladders and roofs.  Get the young guys to do that stuff.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
You can't fool me with that photo :whistling:. That's not Bobby Bass but, it's Luke Skywalker. In all fareness I did hear they were related though. :toast:
« Last Edit: May 05/24/12, 01:08:08 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Many BWCA Reports

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Sorry to hear Bobby :sorry:....I broke my shoulder about 5 years ago memorial day weekend... sure put the crimp on summer fishing... but did find I could fish pretty good with my left hand/arm!  Hope you heal quickly.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
After dropping about 2k on a new graph, tires and hubs and a new rod and reel that Mrs. b does not know about an electrical reel ain't going fly. Thing is right now I can't even hold a frigging pencil up. However a rockbass will now feel like a marlin. heck my first goal is to get a night's sleep without rolling over on it. i am so  :banghead: my grand daugter says i am not a happy camper  :banghead:
« Last Edit: January 01/31/13, 05:19:57 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass