Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Southern Minnesota Lakes  (Read 8423 times)

Offline Buhmannm

Hey everyone!  I live in the Albert Lea area during the summer and I am looking for some good fishing lakes for any kind of fish around the area that I can hit up during my break.

Offline letgofishing

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I Live in Faribault.. I'm Guide Fishing Service.. Call me if you want

Thanks

Dan
Daniel Rud

Offline Buhmannm

Which lakes do you usually fish in the area? We are on opposite sides of Owatonna so I am hoping that there are a few on the southern side that you are on.

Offline letgofishing

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I fishing most at Mazaska,French,Roberds,Shileds,Cannon,Cedar,Madison,Circle, Hunt Lake, also Up north Deer River many lakes area...
Daniel Rud

Offline letgofishing

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
my crappies in my boat  :moon:
Daniel Rud

Offline letgofishing

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
got limits 10 crappies in half hr and i stay and released over 25 times nice crappies  :fishing2:
Daniel Rud

Offline letgofishing

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I used flyrod for walleyes only with 4lbs. test line end up caught Monster Northern 43 inches and RELEASED!!! fought for 20 min... FUN FUN FUN!!!!
Daniel Rud

Offline Buhmannm

What colors are the crappies biting on? I went out on the ice on st olaf yesterday and got nothing. Any special tricks you can hit me with?

Offline Nick

• Minnow
Howdy Buhmannm.
I also live in the Albert Lea area.
Usually I don't fish the local lakes because I've been spoiled since birth fishing Rainy Lake, but this past Fall I decided to do some local fishing.

There are a few really good spots on Fountain Lake, but you need to get out there before the high-powered boats take to the water.

The spot where I had the best luck was along the north shore. For 2 weeks straight I was pulling bluegills and 28" cats hand over fist. Just a plain old hook, nightcrawler, and a bobber.

Along the channel joining Fountain and Albert Lea lakes, there are gobs of black bullheads and common carp.

I've only caught one Pike in Fountain Lake. Blech! Absolutely tasteless.

At the far southeast end of Albert Lea lake, down by the old bridge along S. Shore Drive, there's a pool full of Black Bullheads.
« Last Edit: January 01/02/13, 10:21:37 AM by Nick »

Offline Nick

• Minnow
I fishing most at Mazaska,French,Roberds,Shileds,Cannon,Cedar,Madison,Circle, Hunt Lake, also Up north Deer River many lakes area...

How bad is the Milfoil in Mazaska these days?
I used to live a couple miles south of Morristown. Used to fish Mazaska off and on, but the weeds go so bad I gave up.