Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: town baseball  (Read 3849 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
anyone else follow town/ametauer baseball????????? cold springs auld phart.......over 35 team claimed its 3rd state championship in 5 years. our class B team is again off to the state tourney!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :taz: :woot: :woot: the ole ball park is like 3 blocks from my home!!

in class C looks like my hometown of Richmond is now done. there are a few other local teams going at it yet!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well the springers of cold spring did it!!!!!!!!!! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :rocker; :dancinred: :dancinred: took 2 games yesterday but they  came home with the championship in class B. there 8th.

AND DOWN THE ROAD AWAYS.........SARTELL  took home class C honors.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A few weeks ago I ran into a guy who plays in this league.  I really didn't know such a thing existed.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
deadeye.........the stearns county league, Richmond, farming st martin, lake henry usually rates way up there in attendance every year, so yea the area I live is big into small town amateur baseball.

the big knock, or should I say resentment in the area is that most of the best area players end up playing for the cold spring springers. most these players go to college and play college ball and there coaches tell them to play with the springers because of there class B status. they play more games and tougher teams. and this pisses the smaller towns off!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the auld pharts did it again won the 35 and over state title. 4th time in 6 years. now the class B team needs to do it again!!!!!! :happy1:

several area class C teams already got the boot.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
results are in. the hometown class B SPRINGERS WON THERE SECOND CONSECUTIVE AMEATUR BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
anyone follow the state tourney that's currently going on and will wrap up labor day weekend?? being played it Watkins and 2 blocks from my house. hopefully can get time to take in a few games. both the class B team and over 35 team are in trying to defend there titles 2 years running!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nope, I have not followed it....But we have been watching the little league world series.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
its pretty hard to even follow it in the newspaper, st could times, 15 miles east of here has very sketchy coverage at best.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it sure was nice to go to a good ole amutuer, town ball baseball game last nite. got there in the 9th inning of the first game played. dundas was down by 3 to st micheal. watched dundas win it scoring 5 runs in the inning.

hometown cold spring springers successfully embarked on there defense of the 2 time state championship by beating a team from Duluth in 7 innings by a score of 10 zip!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to do a search for this one. It sure has been a wired summer do far living 3 blocks from the town baseball park and not hearing baseball being played.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There was a great weekly show on that last year.  Did different shows on different Town Teams.  Wonderful show.  Told the history of each team and some of the people involved in keeping it going.  Think is was on FSN.  Definitely a fun watch.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here in cold spring they play couple nites a week sometimes and both weekend days. When it gets playoff time it's more.

They dumped FSN on our fish last year. Still pizzes me off. :angry2: :angry2:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Here in cold spring they play couple nites a week sometimes and both weekend days. When it gets playoff time it's more.

They dumped FSN on our fish last year. Still pizzes me off. :angry2: :angry2:
:tut:                            :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry:                                                                              ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's right.  They showed the Townball thing since FSN and MLB weren't getting along.  SO how did they throw FSN on your fish? 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's right.  They showed the Townball thing since FSN and MLB weren't getting along.  SO how did they throw FSN on your fish?
:banghead: :banghead: DISH!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: its Mikey's fault!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn must've been wearing that mask mikey sent him over his eyes again when he typed that... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/12/20, 09:22:19 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn must've been wearing that mask mikey sent him over his eyes again when he typed that... :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read that Townball will be played this weekend.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read that Townball will be played this weekend.
yep, seen that too. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: :tut: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!