Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: what are your thoughts?  (Read 4155 times)

Offline whiteoakbuck

• Master Outdoorsman
Hunting is not life and death. It is more important than that.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Where I live half my bass lakes would be open to fishing if the change goes through.  :happy1: As for the smallmouth there is some fine fall fishing that we miss out on up here, that would change.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sounds about right for the DNR. Why are they asking fisherman if they want a longer season? Of course they are going to say yes, regardless of the impact it may have. I thought they were supposed to manage wildlife based on scientific data. Why can't we just let the fish spawn in peace. There is a reason that the bass are protecting their beds. It is not for sport fishing purposes, it's because there are other fish in the water that want to eat their eggs.

It all seems a little hypocritical to me that all these diehard sportsmen are preaching qdma for deer, claiming it is healthier for the herd. Then somebody asks if they want to to interrupt the bass' spawn and they are all for it, damn the consequences. Where is the data to back up that there will be no negative impact to this very obvious money grab by the DNR. Maybe we should try it in a few counties across the state for the next 5 years and see what happens. Then if the program is a big flop it won't screw up the whole states bass fishing not to mention the impact of everything else in the ecosystem. If it is a success then we implement it state wide and enjoy some early cold water bass fishing.

I have no opinion on the small mouth subject.

Well, I just disagreed with the DNR and greedy sportsmen of this state, so I will leave the light on for the torch carrying mob. Guess you guys don't really need a light, you got the torches. :rotflmao:
"when a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to god." -Fred Bear-

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Nice post and I happen to agree with you here. There are plenty of us out here that are willing to help carry the torch my brother.

:oops1:
Wrong photo :bonk:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
the difference between qdma and bass fishing is you can release fish. not many people eat bass anymore. at least most of the "hardcore" fishermen that fish with all the gadgets and big boats. i feel that most of these fishermen will release them anyways...

also i feel that because of the shift in bass fishing as more of a sport fish than harvest fish numbers climb, stunting growth and filling a bigger niche. people that only fish walleyes would love for more bass to be taken as well as pike so that there is more food and less predation on the walleye population.

anyone think mille lacs would be better fishing for walleyes if muskies and smallies were fair game?
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice post and I happen to agree with you here. There are plenty of us out here that are willing to help carry the torch my brother.

:oops1:
Wrong photo :bonk:
Of course you do Lee, you don't come and fish in MN in the fall   :coffee: as for C&R it would just make legal what fishermen in the southern part of the state have been doing for years. Like someone really is fishing for crappies with 1/2 oz. spinnerbaits in the spring..  :scratch:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Everyone is doing it so we might as well make it legal, isn't a very good argument. I guess that is how they  do things in DC though. That's a little amnesty joke for you political nerds.

When it comes to extending the smallmouth season up north, I would say that I would be for it. I have never been able to figure out why it closes so early.
"when a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to god." -Fred Bear-

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

anyone think mille lacs would be better fishing for walleyes if muskies and smallies were fair game?

:rotflmao: Yep open it up year round and get rid of those worthless things.

They tried some Small mouth experiment in Green Lake by Spicer and it turned the Walleye fishing into a down word spiral. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood