Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: how bad is the snow depth on leech for eel pout  (Read 4320 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    I have not been there.  I have just been south and a little east of there.  Probably 40 miles as the crow flies.  1 hr drive time.  If you are pulling a house off road will be tough if not impossible.  Bring a shovel.  The northwest winds are pushing the snow to the south east which would be good for a lot of Walker bay.  The drifts will be the gotcha.   :snow5:  This is just speculation on my part. I'm sure Bob or someone in the area will set you straight.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Too early to speculate to be honest. Three days straight in high thirties and low forties which with global warming and all has not been uncommon the last 10 years and you will be able to drive anywhere on the lake. 10 inches more snow and temps below freezing will keep most people on shore. I mean in the bars.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
sounds like a few plow trucks are gona be making some coin again.
78.50"

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
From what I last heard the existing roads have blown shut and are impassable. It does not look good for a lot of travel out there.
« Last Edit: February 02/06/14, 09:27:52 AM by kenhuntin »
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sorry:  At this point the news is not good.   This is not from Leech but 1 hr. SE of there.   Any old roads drifted shut have berms around them that are hard packed and almost impossible to cross.  Your best bet will be a new road and and tow straps if you try to get off it.  Below zero most of the week with snow possible later in the week. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
sounds like their not opening anything up so the plowes can make a good chunk a change, thats fine i'll pay.
78.50"

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I just received a report from Leech. Here is the gist of what I was told. For the most part travel should NOT be much of a problem on the lake. You need to be on the lookout for drifts and some of the old roads have caught a lot of snow but there is not actually all that much snow on the lake. Slush is not a problem at all. Fishing has been a bit slow but appears to be picking up.

All good news if you ask me (and of course stripper pole at CampY is a double bonus)!
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
I just received a report from Leech. Here is the gist of what I was told. For the most part travel should NOT be much of a problem on the lake. You need to be on the lookout for drifts and some of the old roads have caught a lot of snow but there is not actually all that much snow on the lake. Slush is not a problem at all. Fishing has been a bit slow but appears to be picking up.

All good news if you ask me (and of course stripper pole at CampY is a double bonus)!

:happy1: :happy1: :happy1:  Chase on the Lake said on Facebook they are getting the plow trucks out this weekend also!  Hope the weather is good for the weekend!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
just look for the fire works out at cedar point an come have a beer! doug where ya gona be?
78.50"

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
just look for the fire works out at cedar point an come have a beer! doug where ya gona be?

I believe Cedar Point my bear huntin' friend.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Boar, what time on Sat. for the show.   Send me a pm.  Quite frankly I am getting my  :moon: kicked this winter.  I will be fishing up until the end.  If I can't get something pretty soon for my team I may hit cedar point at sunset Sat.  I have some 3"ers that will not make the minimum size limit for the ice fishing contest so I may stop by Leech to see if I can upgrade.   :whistling:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Latest forecast.  Winter storm warning tonight with 2-4 inches expected starting around 10 pm.  Another 2 inches expected tomorrow.  Thursday a high of 38.  I was not on Leech but in the general area this weekend and travel is tough.  Old roads have berms like hard clay.  The newer snow is like powdered sugar.  My suggestion would be to bring a shovel and  tow straps.  If you hit a drift you will be digging.   :sorry:

Offline Wyofish

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
How much ice is on Leech right now. My auger is at it's absolute limit up here (36"). Will I be able to get through on Leech this weekend or do I need an extension?

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   You probably will be ok.  My extension went on two weeks ago because my  house is blocked on 4x4s and sits up a bit.  I would estimate ice at 26-30 inches.