Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2014 MNO Fishing Challenge Smackdown-enter at your own risk:)  (Read 225903 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline stevenjames

• Outdoorsman
This is for the older fellas. What did you do for fun before there were fish in the lakes?

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
This is for the older fellas. What did you do for fun before there were fish in the lakes?

Same as the rest of the young guys. Hunt beaver.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 I would typically castrate gnats with a splitting mall. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
This place is like an old AT&T commercial... You can hear a pin drop..  :coffee:     21 days till opener....
« Last Edit: April 04/18/14, 12:39:35 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
This place is like an old AT&T commercial... You can hear a pin drop..  :coffee:     21 days till opener....
but..............the million dollar question is...............wait............... :scratch: :scratch: ice or open water!!!!!! :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Rivers here are rolling deep and dragging ice with them. I am already looking at what I can be doing on opening week other then fishing. Even if the ice is out it is going to be some pretty cold water for awhile...  :doah:
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
My.....My the last two posts sound like some of the boys are already practicing up on their excuses for the 2014 Challenge :moon: 

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
My.....My the last two posts sound like some of the boys are already practicing up on their excuses for the 2014 Challenge :moon:
excuses.............hahahaha not me!!! only excuse I got is the dam camera!!!!! training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  I knew it was out there somewhere.  I found the wheel of fortune episode where the guy that beat out Greatoudoors in the finals go on the show.   :happy1:   and surprises everyone.  It's hard to beleive  TGO is a better wheeler than a fisherman.  :doah:
                                                                                                                       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvRwG99jAA

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
? is it true... Some one told me that everyone that enters the Challenge will receive a hand drawn hot spots map from DDS with his fishing tips sheet for the Lake of no fish... I just thought this was something he shared with his teammates and Lee  :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   The only hot spot on the" Lake of  NO FISH" is my boat.  All passengers are required to wear and look good in a Bikini.  If  Lee comes to town I will wave the bikini requirement.   :rotflmao:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman

Oh yah makes me think of beaver tail bean soup!!OH thats good stuff!!
« Last Edit: April 04/18/14, 06:27:41 PM by dew2 »
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts

That a boy!
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
   The only hot spot on the" Lake of  NO FISH" is my boat.  All passengers are required to wear and look good in a Bikini.  If  Lee comes to town I will wave the bikini requirement.   :rotflmao:
If you wave the bikini requirement and there just the two of you, will Lee be naked or wearing a thong?? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
If you wave the bikini requirement and there just the two of you, will Lee be naked or wearing a thong?? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Just for your information G.O., Borgie always said "Its not how Lee looks in his bikini it's what's inside his bikini".

[attachment deleted by admin]

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Lee,
I have no doubt that Borgie said that!  :happy1:
However, since you haven't worn that bikini for about 50 years, she probably uses it for stashing her mad money!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
maybe so, but it looks like theres a whole lota camel toe going on there, or moose knuckle depending on regeon :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Only 17 fishermen signed up? Maybe it should be two man teams....  :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Only 17 fishermen signed up? Maybe it should be two man teams....  :coffee:

I had given that some thought a while back. Unfortunately there would be to many drawbacks.

The team concept would be blown out of the water. With a two person team, what if your partner turns out to be one of those that don't fish much? There you sit with the whole load on your back. Think you have a chance to win? I doubt it! Would you still remain as motivated? I doubt it!

With 3 members per team and one turns out to be a noncombatant you still can remain motivated with hope on the horizon. If you get stuck trying to carry the whole thing alone it's no fun. Having multiple team mates adds to the concept of a "were in it to win it!" That even keeps the smackdown thread more active since we feed off our teammates.
« Last Edit: April 04/20/14, 01:50:08 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
UMM? What if a 3 person team has only one person who gets out? Ever think of leaving 2 people say this is our team? How about mixed couples? Mom & Dad,male, female teams.I doubt anyone here gets out fishing as much as I or the ole girl who only goes out evenings,Is that a deficit for us or others? we go out most every week day,No weekends.I'm out sometimes 3 times a day,but always at least 5 times a week.
 Spread it out make it fun,competition can make it go either way fun or to much competition for some.
 So my question is>Is this a fun competition or nutbuster? either way when I get in, I will be on the water so much more than someone who works and has family to attend to.I believe that would give me an advantage?

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Its not always how much you fish but WHERE you fish.  I was matched up with borgie last year and she has a way of catching huge walleyes and smallmouth even though I don't think she fishes nearly as much as you dew.  I only fished about 6 times last year without my kids and got lucky with a personal best pike.  You also have to take a good picture which some here can attest to being the hardest part.  SEND YOUR 5 BUCKS IN AND PREPARE TO GET YOUR A$$ WHIPPED BE ME, unless you get lucky and are my teammate.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
actually the "Two man fishing team" was kind of tongue in cheek, But really I would not have a problem with a two man fishing team if numbers are down. I fished last year and I am sure I was not alone posting all of my fish for my team, Sometimes that happens. For me it meant I had to go walleye fishing, on purpose!  I would fish no less harder if I had a one or two partners.   :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Its not always how much you fish but WHERE you fish.  I was matched up with borgie last year and she has a way of catching huge walleyes and smallmouth even though I don't think she fishes nearly as much as you dew.  I only fished about 6 times last year without my kids and got lucky with a personal best pike.  You also have to take a good picture which some here can attest to being the hardest part.  SEND YOUR 5 BUCKS IN AND PREPARE TO GET YOUR A$$ WHIPPED BE ME, unless you get lucky and are my teammate.
I may send in the 5er.Problem is June 12th is my putoff surgery.We were snowed in April 17th the date to do it.Now if I get teamed up I can only fish for that team till June 11th and wont be back on the water till at least Aug 12th.That would be me bringing down some team members!
 Anyone mind if I get on your team only to fish from Opener till june 11th? With no guarentee I'll be back till 2015??

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Doesn't sound like you would bring anyone down..fishing every day from opener or ice out till June 11 will be more times than most of us all season...Plus the challenge doesn't end until end of Oct  which is a great time to catch trophies..  However it does sound like  you will miss out on the Trophy ROCKBASS time of late june-july..sorry for you but I want that Traveling MNO trophy back! :rocker; :rocker; :rocker;

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Hold on now Green lake by Spicer,Mn. has some of the best rockbass fishin in the world!! They are attracted to me like flies are attracted to Glenn57!!
 I'm a big catfish fisher person,Why isnt there a catfish trophy/contest fer dem channels and Flats. then sunfish? We get a few 10-12+ inchers a year.(ask the general) bout diamonds crappie & sunnies.Which leads to me asking why not a crappie compotition.Its stopped at Nords,eyes and Bass.Maybe a full specie contest may draw more people?

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
The real reason Lee doesn't like the two man team idea is that he may get stuck with DDS as a partner. :happy1:
With the fishing ability of DDS (or lack of), the Leester  wouldn't have anybody to drag his butt across the finish line like he has for the last three years, he'd be on his own!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
OH YEAH, BABEE!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Dew I would be happy to have you as my partner, as for the crappie we did try it the first year of the challenge and there was just no interest. Matter of fact we offered a separate prize package for it to help spur interest and there was just not many takers.
Bobby Bass

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
sign up dew, life happens, dont worry about it, I ussually end up carrying my team anyways :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"