Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2014 MNO Fishing Challenge Smackdown-enter at your own risk:)  (Read 225882 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Listen up dare boar. I noticed that your suffering from the same smackdown burnout syndrome as greatoutdoors with the :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:  :coffee: replies. If it's just that bad tooth that is still bothering you I can understand. Still and all you should have your teammate Dr. Demento take a look at it. I'm sure he could drill the SOB out in a heart beat.

He might even do it for free since your both on the last place team of loser's!

Just Sayin

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/01/14, 04:31:57 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
The  :coffee: indicator says it all, some talk the talk, but cannot walk the walk such as Bore and DDS.
But Lee, in your wildest imagination would you have thought that the two most helpless fishermen on the planet, be on one team for the Challenge??  :scratch:
They are the Kenny Jay and Scrap Irom Godasky or fishing, never winning a match!! :doah:
My sympathies go out to Glenn57 for being included on that collection of neer to wells.
One could almost call it cruel and unusual punishment!
Speaking of unusual, I heard both of the Losers may have caught a fish in the last few days?
Is that possible?? :scratch:
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Eve of Destruction Rules, Babee!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

My sympathies go out to Glenn57 for being included on that collection of neer to wells.

Regarding Glenn 57 I'm afraid that you may have overlooked one important factor in criticizing only his teammates. I think that we all agree that he is a swell guy but, check out the fish photos board.
It seems that our union boy has been leaning on his shovel instead of trying to carry some of the load.

Fish Entered: ......... Glenn 57  ............ 0 :doah:

« Last Edit: September 09/01/14, 04:30:06 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just taking a quick scan for the month of August it appears that the fishaholics team has cranked it up a notch by posting fish four times during the "Dog Days Of Summer".  Could they wind up being a dark horse in this race. I'd be a thinkin :scratch: that the MeeT DaFawkers team best be a lookin over their shoulder in this here race right about now.  :swords:

« Last Edit: September 09/01/14, 12:53:28 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the challenge is all but over for most contestants.  :surrender:  Still a lot of fishermen who did not even post a fish yet and only a few have made any upgrades. As usual the young upstarts brag a lot about what they are going to do then fall short when the tape measure comes out.  :banghead:  A lot of 20 plus inch bass, I like seeing that.   :happy1: But the Rockbass have been quiet and with Stokes Bay trip come and done I would have thought there would be more movement in the standings.  :scratch:  Time for Eye-Hunt-Bass to make its way to the top of the standings as we are the only team here that actually waits to get out on the water in the fall.   :fishing2: Two months of the best fishing is here and I expect that my teammates and I will be making some upgrades. I will be sure to write a few stories so DDS can see what fall fishing is all about.  :stillfish:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the challenge is all but over for most contestants.  :surrender:  Still a lot of fishermen who did not even post a fish yet and only a few have made any upgrades. As usual the young upstarts brag a lot about what they are going to do then fall short when the tape measure comes out.  :banghead:  A lot of 20 plus inch bass, I like seeing that.   :happy1: But the Rockbass have been quiet and with Stokes Bay trip come and done I would have thought there would be more movement in the standings.  :scratch:  Time for Eye-Hunt-Bass to make its way to the top of the standings as we are the only team here that actually waits to get out on the water in the fall.   :fishing2: Two months of the best fishing is here and I expect that my teammates and I will be making some upgrades. I will be sure to write a few stories so DDS can see what fall fishing is all about.  :stillfish:

Did Bobby just give DDS a slap in da face. :scratch:

« Last Edit: September 09/01/14, 05:34:09 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
All I know is a couple of years ago DDS made me some spinnerbaits with some advice from me in regards to color and then he shipped them to me. I took them out fishing and caught fish and even made a video to prove that the colors would work. He promised me a special Lake Iwanttobethere limited edition spinnerbait but I never saw them.   :doah: I think he has them locked away and is planning on using them when and if he goes fall fishing...   just saying  :coffee:

« Last Edit: September 09/01/14, 02:58:56 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobby,
Does it really matter what DDS uses in his feeble attempt to catch a fish????  :scratch:
He and Bore could use a trawl net and never even come up with a few pounds of kelp!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
With their lack of fishing skill, they better pray that they don't come back as an Otter, in the next life.  ;D
They would be two sad looking Weasels, not that they aren't already sad looking, and Weasels!!  :laughroll:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Great I figure I will see both Boar and DDS here at the Lodge on the shore of Lake Iwanttobethere sometime this fall. We are running our fall fish dinner special which lets you sit out on the deck and enjoy a fish dinner under the heat from one of them portable gas heaters. Only trouble is the meal is a buy one get one free and I think they will more then likely fight over the check..and I don't think it will be to see who pays..   :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
The only way those two could ever eat a fish dinner, is if someone else caught it or bought it!!  :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Come on Great. that is a little harsh. I know for a fact that when Borgie and Lee came through MN they met up with both DDS and Boar and offered them part of their lunch..

« Last Edit: September 09/01/14, 09:19:03 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
In your dreams Thugs  :rotflmao:

Click the photo to turn up the heat: Yum-Yum  :happy1:

« Last Edit: September 09/01/14, 09:21:12 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Bingo Hall sure does cook up some nice fish sticks on Senior Monday's.. :coffee:    :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

Regarding Glenn 57 I'm afraid that you may have overlooked one important factor in criticizing only his teammates. I think that we all agree that he is a swell guy but, check out the fish photos board.
It seems that our union boy has been leaning on his shovel instead of trying to carry some of the load.

lee.....lee......lee. glenn57 has a full time job. been really busy being a union thug. when he does get out fishing he has caught his fish. I had one ready to post but it wasn't an upgrade so I did not post it. not gonna post a fish that's not going to help the team. helping the team is what the brotherhoods all about!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

lee.....lee......lee. glenn57 has a full time job. been really busy being a union thug. when he does get out fishing he has caught his fish. I had one ready to post but it wasn't an upgrade so I did not post it. not gonna post a fish that's not going to help the team. helping the team is what the brotherhoods all about!!!

Glenn,

Now that was some speech! :Clap:

You may be able to fool the union brothers most of the time.
You may be able to fool the union brothers all of the time.
But you can't fool Lee any of the time.

So who you crappin! :rotflmao:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
C'mon Lee, give the guy some slack!  :surrender:
Hasn't he been punished and humiliated enough by being mentioned in the same breath as the other members of his team, who just happen to be the two worst fishermen in the universe??   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
It's almost as bad as Frank Sinatra having to sing in a trio with Moms Mabley and Tiny Tim!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
C'mon Lee, give the guy some slack!  :surrender:
Hasn't he been punished and humiliated enough by being mentioned in the same breath as the other members of his team, who just happen to be the two worst fishermen in the universe??   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
It's almost as bad as Frank Sinatra having to sing in a trio with Moms Mabley and Tiny Tim!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

So! Now I get it. :doah: I know why your cutting Glenn so much slack. :bonk: Your also a union member from the olden days back in 1926 when you were a mine worker in the Ely area. :moon:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
In the weeks to come I guess this hot and humid weather should subside. That's when I plan on attacking Borgie & Da Boys. They've been sitting on that paper thin lead long enough without any type of movement.

The Grave Diggers will be a Knock......Knock....Knockin at your door!

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  I see the peanut gallery came to life knowing the Union Thugs were gone for the long weekend.   We have started our victory march to the top.  One fish down and 2 to go.  Pike were biting all weekend I probably caught 15 of them all between 23-28.5 inches.  So I had fun even though there were no winners landed.  The surface water temps were at around 66  degrees and the pike wanted big baits.  I missed a couple that felt like logs and had a couple of bite offs.  The hits were for the most part pretty violent so I expect the big girls to move in soon.  If I can't get one out the lake of no fish I will get one in Orr in the fall so I am going to take a weekend off.   TGO already put his boat away.  The cool evenings bother his bunions you know.  Lee already shot his wad in Ely and Bobby received a case of boysenberry jam compliments of "The Union Thugs"  that should keep him reading his marvel comics instead of fishing.  It looks like the Thugs will take it with the  landslide victory that was predicted from the very beginning.

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
  I see the peanut gallery came to life knowing the Union Thugs were gone for the long weekend.    Lee already shot his wad in Ely.

Ive noted the Bassmaster Lee hasnt been able to post a single ROCKBASS either .....I thought they were all over in the land of cheese and Lincoln.... ;)

Offline Wyofish

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  I see the peanut gallery came to life knowing the Union Thugs were gone for the long weekend.    Lee already shot his wad in Ely.

Ive noted the Bassmaster Lee hasnt been able to post a single ROCKBASS either .....I thought they were all over in the land of cheese and Lincoln.... ;)

Maybe you should become a Rockbass guide on Leech, Corny.  ;D

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
There ya go DDS, letting out the secret about dipping your spinner baits in Boysenberry Jam,  :doah: and the Thugs didn't get me that Jam cheap either, they had to work a whole week for that case!  :bonk:
Bobby Bass

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
[
Maybe you should become a Rockbass guide on Leech, Corny.  ;D

Sorry :whistling: Wyofish  my ROCKBASS spots are secrets only divulged to kids under age 8....now if you want info on any rough fish ie muskie,nortn,walleyedpike Im happy to tell you...

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  It's pretty clear that the greatoutdoors and his team have been working out in the off season.  After the last Borgie beatdown TGO vowed never to let it happen again.  If it would not have been for the Generals ghost pike all that hard work may have been in vain.  For some of the other teams that may be interested the secret to the Eve of Destruction's success was recently revealed.   :doah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAo8Xmo34Js     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I think machines like that are left for the fellas that can't get a woman.  We all know DDS catches women like he does fish.......almost non existent. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    :scratch:  I have pictures that I won't share.   You have pictures that  :doah: :scratch: :bow: :surrender:--never mind.   :moon: :moon:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Thank god you won't share them.  No one here wants to see you  in your speedo dancing with blow up Bertha. 

Hef takes my sloppy seconds. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  It appears that the competition (heh,heh) have decided to take thegreatoudoors lead and dig for cover.  The silence is deafening in this thread as all the teams have done their best and are pulling out their boats out for the summer.   Please be aware that TGO is a professional miner.  He is used to working underground.  It has been said that thegreatoudoors can dig under a porch when Borgie is in Ely  faster than the General could run from a bar tab. :rotflmao:  The THUGS have watched and waited.  The only thing we did not take into account was the generals disappearing pictures that denied our honorary Thug member Borgie, to get in a little more beatdown action. Non-the less, even with a pic a TGO beatdown the returning champ would have to settle for 2nd place.  The Union Thugs are about to put the Union Machine into drive.      training-087 training-087 training-087

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
    The Union Thugs are about to put the Union Machine into drive.      training-087 training-087 training-087

Hope u don't get stuck in the Mud!!!  It will take more than 3 thugs to push your selves out and up...

THE EVE OF DESTRUCTION is starting to fish again the grandkids are gone..  I took Granny out Muskie fishing this weekend in the Frank Schneider Tournament.. She came home with a better award than the top guy!!   Unfortunately didnt win the boat though.
Heck none of us have been to Canada .....YET..

EVE OF DESTRUCTION RULES !!!!

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't think any member of the Onion Slugs knows how to put anything into drive, as can be seen by looking at the leader board.  :coffee:
The only way the Thugs could ever be in first place, is if you turned the list upside down!  ;D ;D ;D
The Eve of Destruction Rules, Babee!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book