Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2014 MNO Fishing Challenge Smackdown-enter at your own risk:)  (Read 225855 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Will the Aquaholics be able to hang on any longer or are they destined to fall into last place? :doah:

I mean like were only talkin bout a 1/4" here.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/09/14, 06:41:16 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  The aquaholics and  beatthefawkers will have a life and death struggle for last place.  It will be a father and son wrestling match.  It should be a nail biter :doah:  The Thugs are going pike fishing.   :dancinred: :dancinred: I expect a few teams to catch colds as we blow by them as if they were not even moving. (Which they are not-  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/09/14, 08:36:01 AM by DDSBYDAY »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
  The aquaholics and  beatthefawkers will have a life and death struggle for last place.  It will be a father and son wrestling match.  It should be a nail biter :doah:  The Thugs are going pike fishing.   :dancinred: :dancinred: I expect a few teams to catch colds as we blow by them as if they were not even moving. (Which they are not-  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: )
Oh Man!!!!! :doah:
How long will it be before DDS' serious case of dementia has him in a straight jacket, & locked up in some rubber room???  :scratch:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  The aquaholics and  beatthefawkers will have a life and death struggle for last place.  It will be a father and son wrestling match.  It should be a nail biter :doah:  The Thugs are going pike fishing.   :dancinred: :dancinred: I expect a few teams to catch colds as we blow by them as if they were not even moving. (Which they are not-  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: )

Come on DDS, let's not get carried away with over enthusiasm The thugs "suck" and you guys know it. The Thugs have been cellar dwellers all season. The first mistake you guys made was choosing your team name  :bonk: Union Thugs :rotflmao:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Hey, even the littlest Union Thugs knows how to answer you skeptics with little faith.   :rotflmao:

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Fall super moon, big cold front, daylight hours are shrinking fast.  What does that mean?  During the summer a big cold front could mean slow fishing.  Not now.  It's time to go big.   Big fast moving baits.  No more ultra slow natural presentation crap.  The"Union Thugs" are gearing up to do some damage.   It's time for a leader board leg sweep.  If your team is not fishing now you will drop faster than HD can skin a bullhead or Shotglass can out fish her dad.   :rotflmao:

On a side note I had some asparagus for lunch .  I was reminded twice today who is in the lead.  I don't know why exactly. It just popped into my head during what is usually a very relaxing moment.   :scratch: :scratch:
« Last Edit: September 09/10/14, 07:48:18 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm positive that my team mates will be able to sleep well, knowing that DDS ONLY needs a 45 3/4 inch pike for the Onion Slugs to take the lead!
We know he's such a great fisherman that he will..........Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!   ;D
Eve of Destruction Rules, Babee!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
   Fall super moon, big cold front, daylight hours are shrinking fast.  What does that mean?  During the summer a big cold front could mean slow fishing.  Not now.  It's time to go big.   Big fast moving baits.  No more ultra slow natural presentation crap.  The"Union Thugs" are gearing up to do some damage.   It's time for a leader board leg sweep.  If your team is not fishing now you will drop faster than HD can skin a bullhead or Shotglass can out fish her dad.   :rotflmao:

On a side note I had some asparagus for lunch .  I was reminded twice today who is in the lead.  I don't know why exactly. It just popped into my head during what is usually a very relaxing moment.   :scratch: :scratch:
Baby steps DDS first you have to do Baby Steps.  :dancinred:  have to get the boat in the water. This is fall fishing and it is the time when the men go fishing and the Bears fan sit in the garage and watch football.... :whistling:

On a side note when I was out on Monday the water temp was still 69 and I saw clouds of baitfish, the fishing with big baits is not all that bad of advice.. :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ohhhh man you guys will be laughing out your ass when this is over cause it aint over. keep it coimg cause when it is union thugs will be serving up a health dish of crow ala in your face suck dish. for all to part take.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Simmer down, sonny boy.   :coffee:
With your lack of fishing ability, I don't think the Onion Slugs can overtake the Aquaholics!  :happy1:
It would be impossible to assemble a more pitiful group of fishermen.  :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
The Thugs are so bad, that if they opened a brand new can of Kipper Snacks, it'd be empty!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Eve of Destruction Rules, Babee!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Oh there is no simmering, the waters are boiling as the union thugs take to the water, wait thats TGO talking out his butt again. I hunt the weekend and in the lyrics of the greastest rock band in the world claimed by non other Tgo and Meantalee, (STYKS) Tonight the nights the night we make history, i do believe its tru. So all u hashers and non belivers can suck on that tune for the day as yu try and get it out of yiur head. Its stuck there just like the auquaholics in last place after tonight.
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Stop it, you and DDS should be stand up comedians with some of the stuff you say. :happy1:
Who writes your material????  :scratch:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
With you guys as our targets. This stuff writes itself. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
A bit of sage advice for one of the sad members of the Union Thugs, it may be better to be out fishing, than typing utter nonsense on the forum.  :happy1:
Maybe then(but I really doubt it) you could move out of last place!!  :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
Eve of Destruction is Ruling, Babee, while the Thugs are sucking wind, and in last place! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

:laughroll:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Youve been smoking that sage againg havent you TGO?  Nuthing like big ol' fat hit of hypocricy from ur rolled up dubbie of utter nonsense. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
78.50"

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
In an effort to unseat Borgie & Da Boys from the second place slot I decided to beat the dead sea this morning. Went out to the garage this morning to pull the boat out. I hit the tilt & trim button to raise the motor up a tad and nada! I hit da udder :blues brothers: trim switch and nada!

I instantly thought about the recent tilt and trim problem thread here on MNO. :doah:  I was hoping that it was just a power problem. I went and turned the key on the motor and nada! That gave me a sigh of relief. I hooked up my reserve charger and the trim worked. The battery won't hold a proper charge now so I won't gamble. I'll have to get a new starting battery. Obviously Borgie & Da Boys have gotten a reprieve for now but "I'll Be Back" training-087

side note:
I was going to ask Borgie for a loan to get another battery but, she'll never part with her bingo money. :moon:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
In an effort to unseat Borgie & Da Boys from the second place slot I decided to beat the dead sea this morning. Went out to the garage this morning to pull the boat out. I hit the tilt & trim button to raise the motor up a tad and nada! I hit da udder :blues brothers: trim switch and nada!

I instantly thought about the recent tilt and trim problem thread here on MNO. :doah:  I was hoping that it was just a power problem. I went and turned the key on the motor and nada! That gave me a sigh of relief. I hooked up my reserve charger and the trim worked. The battery won't hold a proper charge now so I won't gamble. I'll have to get a new starting battery. Obviously Borgie & Da Boys have gotten a reprieve for now but "I'll Be Back" training-087

side note:
I was going to ask Borgie for a loan to get another battery but, she'll never part with her bingo money. :moon:

Sounds like a bad, then good, then "so what" story (reference to "I'll be back" - yeah right)...
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well Borgie I'll be hitting the lake this coming weekend for one last shot.  I've hired HD to guide this adventure.  He charged one can of Coors Light, which is very hard to part with.  I did try and offer one can of Miller Lite and he hung up the phone on me and wouldn't talk to me for 2 days.  After this last shot it will be time to do what real men do and start hunting......those to out of shape just keep on fishing. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well Borgie I'll be hitting the lake this coming weekend for one last shot.  I've hired HD to guide this adventure.  He charged one can of Coors Light, which is very hard to part with.  I did try and offer one can of Miller Lite and he hung up the phone on me and wouldn't talk to me for 2 days.  After this last shot it will be time to do what real men do and start hunting......those to out of shape just keep on fishing.

I can see it all now. Greatoutdoors wanted to get a prediction for the team of The General (Photographer extraordinaire) and his civilian (non-combatant) fisherman HD. Anyhow, greatoutdoors had a séance session with his gypsy girl friend to find out how that joint fishing outing will go.

He called me this afternoon with the results. It seems that the word will get out about how our two heroes as they will start talkin trash at some local pub. Mostly it will be about all the large fish they are going to catch.

Therefore large crowds will gather at the boat launch. Unfortunately the band that arrives for the celebratory reception to honor the mighty fisherman will have to change their planned music arrangements to fit the occasion after viewing the mighty catch. It will go something like this........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D05AB8xs7qA

Many thanks to greatoutdoors and his Lovely gypsy girl friend for the research they did for us!

« Last Edit: September 09/15/14, 04:27:20 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Borgie's team never had a chance.  Hd and the General taking a last shot is like the Titanic trying to hit a bigger iceberg.   This contest involves 3 steps.     

1. Catch the fish

2. Take a pic with the staple item

3. Go back and read the rules to remember what else is needed.  After this many years I know that step one is possible.  Step two highly unlikely unless you hire a professional.  Step three makes it an impossibility for the General to help Borgie out.  :sorry:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Lee you may be right but I'm still going to give it one last effort. 

DDS it is very clear now why you never catch anything as you don't know the correct steps. 

Step 1 is crack a beer.

Step 2 play some Conway Twitty, as all the ladies love him.  This is a secret only guys who like to catch big fish know.

Step 3 pour a little beer on the ground for guys like DDS who wish they had any fishing skills to speak of.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   The Generals system works well when you are your own Grandpa.  This family tree does not appreciate a fine Miller Lite or they would not be dumping any on the ground.  I can see why.   :doah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlJH81dSiw
« Last Edit: September 09/16/14, 07:23:19 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
No such thing as a fine miller lite or a dentist with fishing skills.  There goes your theory down the tubs sorry. :bonk:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:   I think I saw a picture of a really nice pike today.  I could be wrong but with my keen eye for off the cuff measurements it looked to me like the grave diggers need to start digging deeper.  Fall fishing seems to be kicking in and if you are done fishing your team should be prepared to finish at least 2 spots lower than you are now.  If the Thugs can take down the Eve of Destruction this year TGO should change his name to Wile E. Coyote.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   mbeep mbeep.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Borgie

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

General & HD,

Good luck on your fishing outing this weekend. Glad to see that your going to give it that last shot. At least your going out swinging general and that's what the challenge is all about "participation".

Borgie     :queen:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like everyone is calling it a season, still five good weeks of fishing in store for us old guys who still fish. Eye-Hunt-Bass is on the prowl.  :coffee:     :happy1:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
This Grave Digger is still fishing. Mainly walleyes which are starting to really fire up. Just haven't caught any that beat the one Lee has posted for us. I may have to quit fishing for walleye and switch to trying for a big northern. Looks like that is the best place to add more inches to our total. I don't normally fish for northern. The ones I catch are usually by accident while fishing for something else. I'll have to try and figure out where the big ones might be this time of year. :bonk:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
still going here, got a rainy river trip and multiple hone hole trip planed , it aint over till its over.
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:   The judges are chomping at the bit to put their inspection tools to a mystery pike we have seen pictures of.  Will this be a last minute entry or was the lack of a twenty five cent piece or a  :Photography: debacle the demise of another leader board shake up?   Borgie said that Lee has not been sleeping to well waiting for the leader board up-date that MAY be coming.   :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
All I have to say is bring it on! This way I'll know if I have to send any of my photos to one of our past champions to be upgraded. :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/21/14, 04:10:21 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports