Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2014 MNO Fishing Challenge Smackdown-enter at your own risk:)  (Read 225868 times)

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
   Ya in the movies anything is possible.  They made sissy Eastwood out to be a tough guy.  In reality he was a bigger girly man than TGO.   At least John Wayne played himself.  He was not an actor.  He just shot and punched people when he felt like it.
Heh, heh, heh,
I see you took that Pink Tutu and ballerina slippers comment made on an earlier post, pretty hard, didn't you???  :cheerleader:
I'm thinking that Don Knots would play DDS, IF they ever make a movie about a person that never caught a fish!!! :Photography:
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   Ya in the movies anything is possible.  They made sissy Eastwood out to be a tough guy.  In reality he was a bigger girly man than TGO.   At least John Wayne played himself.  He was not an actor.  He just shot and punched people when he felt like it.

Yeah you are right he did play with himself.  When he was Marion he wore rainbows and his boyfriends name was John.  I heard Marion Wayne had a stunt double just to ride his horse and shoot his gun.  What a sissy.  Probably had root beer mixed with water every time it showed him taking a shot of whiskey.
You and DDS can Duke  training-087 this out while I go out and Make my day fishing. :rotflmao:

We sure couldn't Eastwood it out!!      :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Boated 33 fish last night You guys should be out fishing in this great fall weather instead of  :bs:    :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
They have all given up  :kingscourt:   to THE EVE OF DESTRUCTION!!!

except for you Bobby!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Last night.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Yeah you are right he did play with himself.  When he was Marion he wore rainbows and his boyfriends name was John.  I heard Marion Wayne had a stunt double just to ride his horse and shoot his gun.  What a sissy.  Probably had root beer mixed with water every time it showed him taking a shot of whiskey.
You and DDS can Duke  training-087 this out while I go out and Make my day fishing. :rotflmao:

We sure couldn't Eastwood it out!!      :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You are right on that.  It would require two men to Eastwood it out in a brawl and DDS is a little on the girly side to do that. 
« Last Edit: September 09/26/14, 03:32:13 PM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :coffee:  We are getting close to crunch time.  Most of the teams have put there gear away comfortable in the fact that they did not and couldn't win this contest.  Thegreatoutdoors and his team are licking their chops and planning their victory speeches.  Unfortunately for them and the rest of the teams the UNION THUGS are gearing up and getting ready to lap the leader board.  I will admit I lost one game winner at the boat that cost our team greatly.  It won't happen again.  There still is a mystery pike out there that has not been turned in yet.  I saw pictures of it.  If you and your team are comfortable in your position on the leader board at this time prepare for a free fall.   That's all I have to say about that!!   

On a side note-  General you should purchase the chain saw before the chaps.   :doah:      :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
:coffee:   Thegreatoutdoors and his team are licking their chops and planning their victory speeches. 

What do you mean???  The Speech is already written!!!!  :bow: :bow: :bow:

THE EVE OF DESTRUCTION RULES!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
                             :reporter; MNO News Flash Bulletin!

WOW! :happy1: It looks as if there is still some fire in the furnace for Borgie & Da Boys. Thanks to The Generals most recent behemoth walleye entry. Rumor has it that General even got a congratulatory phone call from none other than Clint Eastwood. :doah:

We here at the famed MNO News Team :reporter; are not quite certain if the rumored phone call is really fact or fiction. :scratch: Therefore we did take some time to talk to one of Generals team members about it and she  :queen: would neither confirm or deny the rumor. :moon:  :banghead:
« Last Edit: October 10/11/14, 03:49:39 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
                                   I Had A Dream! :popcorn:

:Fish: :Fish: :Fish: :Fish:

:doah:
Last night while tossing and turning in my sleep I had a dream. I dreamt that the ball busting northern pike photo from vacation I've been holding back from entering in the challenge was lost when my computer crashed.

I'd have posted it earlier but, was afraid it would discourage others from continuing to try to shoot for the top of the leader board. What a sigh of relief it was when I woke up and realized that only part of my dream was not true.

« Last Edit: October 10/11/14, 04:36:08 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I might be done fishing, the last couple of days the weather has been cool and water up here is down to 47 might be a few days where it is warm enough to fish but the fish won't know it.  You boys down south have an advantage on us northern boys   :doah:
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:  It probably would be best if you stay home where it is warm.  I know for a fact at least one member of teams 5,6 and 7 are gearing up take over the leader board.  All three of our teams are going for the gold so to be safe stay in a warm,dry, place.  These last two weeks of the MNO fishing challenge are like Sunday at the Masters.  Time to turn it on.  UNION THUG STYLE!!
« Last Edit: October 10/17/14, 01:17:41 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1:  It probably would be best if you stay home where it is warm.  I know for a fact at least one member of teams 5,6 and 7 are gearing up take over the leader board.  All three of our teams are going for the gold so to be safe stay in a warm,dry, place.  These last two weeks of the MNO fishing challenge are like Sunday at the Masters.  Time to turn it on.  UNION THUG STYLE!!
Yes DDS you may be right, it is best that I stay at home enjoying the fireplace and eating a few meals of fish caught over the summer. O wait I should not be talking about eating fish as you and your team have been pretty fish poor this season. But I do have to hand it to you, you guys will go down to the very last minute of the very last hour of the very last day just like you have been doing the entire season claiming you are just a hook set away from winning it all. You guys are the little fishing boat that could! I think I can I think I can I think I can not get out of last place...  :laughroll:
Bobby Bass

Offline stevenjames

• Outdoorsman
TGO hired me to guide him tomorrow. I guess that he's not too confident in his team's score. I can show him where to fish but I'm not going to set the hook and let him reel it in. I'll feel bad about out fishing a client but that's how it goes sometimes

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :coffee:  Here is an update on the challenge so far.  There is a typo at the end.   :doah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEMxzaqn3Nc
« Last Edit: October 10/17/14, 11:02:21 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
From now on if someone orders a dozen minnows, they get 11, or two sticlebacks...

I don't know about winning the Challenge but I'm ready to give you an academy award for best screenplay.

:bow:
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Borgie

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Now that was to funny! Thanks for some good laughs  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:queen: Borgie

Offline Wyofish

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
He is right. The Union Thugs are hot.  :rotflmao:
The Union Thug, cellar dwelling losers, couldn't be hot if they were boiled in oil!!  :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:
The only way they'd ever end up on the top of the Challenge is if someone turned the standings list, upside down!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Yeah, the Union Slugs are the worlds greatest collection of fishing incompetence!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
Eve of Destruction rules, Babee!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
My ribs hurt! awsome Double D, hey I get the blondchick, wait their all blond.  No Doubt we look cook!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   I will be heading through Ely shortly.  I wonder if I should pick up a couple of sticklebacks at TGO's to feed the giant sucker minnows I will be using while fishing for monster pike.   :rotflmao:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
   I will be heading through Ely shortly.  I wonder if I should pick up a couple of sticklebacks at TGO's to feed the giant sucker minnows I will be using while fishing for monster pike.   :rotflmao:
The only Giant Sucker in town will be DDS, but only if the vermin alarm is broken and he manages to sneak in undetected!!   :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Watch out greatoutdoors! Rumor has it that The General has been able to retrieve his lost Giant Pike photo after all. As soon as he gets the picture refocused Borgie And Da Boys :blues brothers: will be at the top of the leader board where they belong. :doah:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Watch out greatoutdoors! Rumor has it that The General has been able to retrieve his lost Giant Pike photo after all. As soon as he gets the picture refocused Borgie And Da Boys :blues brothers: will be at the top of the leader board where they belong. :doah:
If they can manage to "squeak out" a last minute victory by beating 91 inches, good for them!! :happy1:
BUT YOU will be the one paying the price if Borgie loses!!  :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
I'll still be out a few more times, so tell Borgie to prepare herself for the loss (along with your noggin)!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Until that time: The Eve of Destruction rules, Babee!!!   :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
With the deadline for the challenge competition just around the corner DDS is still struggling to break out of his shell. Will he succeed and move his team up in the standings before it's to late. :scratch:  I mean like even the lowly MN. Vikings were able to claim victory yesterday! :doah:

« Last Edit: October 10/27/14, 08:33:55 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah:   Next weekend just fell through so I think I will just crawl back into the shell and take a union mandated nap. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:    This Union Thug is out.   :tequila;

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey partner, I felt that way all summer. feel like I got robbed from my soft water fishin season. did get out some but able to help out da team with upgrades. :banghead: :banghead:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sounds like a typical Union Worker...........When their is work to be done you can find one leaning on a shovel or taking a nap.  Just goes to show where the Union workers end up when facing the Private guys.........at the bottom. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
and some of dem private guys need there hand held most of the time by union guys!!!! :moon: :moon:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!