Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2014 MNO Fishing Challenge Smackdown-enter at your own risk:)  (Read 226637 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Aw, don't let Lee get to you glenn57, he's still smarting from the loss.  ;D ;D
I was a member of the United Steelworkers for 33 years, and proud of it!!  training-087 training-087 training-087
Oh Yeah, Babee!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
:happy1: :happy1: :bow: :bow: got 35 years in as of this past may!!!!!!!!!

ah Lee don't bother me none.....but he may tell borgie!!!! :surrender: :surrender: :oops1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
I think he's going to stay away from Borgie, until the sting from the loss goes away.  :whistling:
If he approaches too quickly, the sting of the bumps on Lee's head from Borgie's bat will linger on a lot longer!!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  Wow, another congratulations is in order.  After the word got out about thegreatoutdoors fishing skills this summer he was given a starring role in an insurance commercial.  He got to wear his lucky gear and just be himself.  I think the commercial was well deserved and he nailed the part.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard DDS tried out for the commercial, but couldn't hook a dollar bill on the line any better than he could hook a fish, in this year's (or every other)  Challenge!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Just like his invisible Walleye claim, "I had a $100 bill right next to the boat and it got away because I wasn't expecting it!"  :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
With his legendary lack of fishing skill, I swear to God that DDS could buy a can of Sardines, open it up, and it'd be empty!  :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
« Last Edit: November 11/07/14, 08:49:18 AM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I'm pretty sure I dislocated something while convulsing (and I don't even speak German).
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh Man, even der fuhrer got DDS figured out to a "T" !!!!
 :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     :coffee:  I must admit the General is the  King of the one chip Charlies.   :rotflmao:

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thats a great one General! Fawkinnae!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
That was amazing General. I mostly appreciated how you were able to stick to the actual facts throughout the complete saga. Others would have been tempted to veer away from the actual truth just to make it more exciting. As far as The Thugs go I congratulate them on their underachievement's this year. Their achievements or lack of this year shall continue to live on in infamy.

Some day the three stooges Thugs will be able to share this documentation with their grandchildren. :bow:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Whats amazing is he couldnt come up with his own, actually not amazing but typical.  :bonk: :moon: :rotflmao:
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Whats amazing is he couldnt come up with his own, actually not amazing but typical.  :bonk: :moon: :rotflmao:

Actually I believe that is the first time I've used someone else's idea.  I've always said it a form of flattery when you use someone else material.  It's too bad that was the only thing DDS actually did well this entire year, along with the rest of the Thugs.  I mean it's not like I or anyone else could have attempted to copy their fishing skills or lack their of. 

:bow: The General
« Last Edit: November 11/07/14, 08:03:55 AM by The General »

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
I beg to differ with you General! :sorry:
Anyone could duplicate the Union Thug's fishing skills and success, very easily, such as being in a coma for 6 months, never getting in a boat, never baiting a hook, never owning a rod and reel, not having any arms, etc, etc!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I beg to differ with you General! :sorry:
Anyone could duplicate the Union Thug's fishing skills and success, very easily, such as being in a coma for 6 months, never getting in a boat, never baiting a hook, never owning a rod and reel, not having any arms, etc, etc!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

My mom always said a good man can admit when he's wrong........TGO you are correct and I was wrong.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :Clap:   Congratulations HD for getting the site up and running again.  Apparently the General and TGO were in the same room and tripped the ugly circuit again.   :doah:  :rotflmao:   We will have to remember to boost the ugly bandwidth because there will be some awards going out soon to the teams that through some unforeseen, miraculous, never to be repeated, divine intervention, managed to finish on top in this years fishing challenge.    The blind squirrels had a good year this year. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
As poorly as the Chicago Bears has been beaten up during their last two games the coach came out with this statement.

During a press conference held yesterday the Bears head coach was asked the following:  :reporter; "Coach, what did you tell your players after being trounced for the second week in a row?"

Coach: I knew it would be tuff to come up with an example of a worse situation than ours. On the other hand I realized that I needed to restore some spirit along with a bit of humor. I immediately remembered about the humiliating season that The Union Thugs had and used it as an example. Also when I read them some of my favorite MNO smack down posts about the lowly Thugs they began to laugh with many of the players falling to the floor in laughter. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Thanks to The Union Thugs for spreading the realism of shame along with the laughter of their humiliation to the world beyond MNO! :Clap:
« Last Edit: November 11/13/14, 09:49:55 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
:Clap:   Congratulations HD for getting the site up and running again.  Apparently the General and TGO were in the same room and tripped the ugly circuit again.   :doah:  :rotflmao:   We will have to remember to boost the ugly bandwidth because there will be some awards going out soon to the teams that through some unforeseen, miraculous, never to be repeated, divine intervention, managed to finish on top in this years fishing challenge.    The blind squirrels had a good year this year.
Well General, it looks as though DDS has taken the embarrassment of his last place finish (due to fishing incompetence beyond belief) to the next level by attacking two fine looking dudes, like ourselves!!  :happy1:
I guess that's the way it is when one has a face that a bear would shy away from, even if it were smeared with bacon grease!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Hey, there is no embarrassment in last place when you have a Pepsi drinker on your team.  We didn't know.  He just came out of the closet after the contest was over.  Everybody knows there is no P in Coke.   :doah:   At least Wayne and Eastwood both chose Coke products. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man that contest is barely over and I already gotta watch my back for the knives!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  No Glenn, I blew it.  I never had a big pike on.  The one and only good walleye I hooked into and lost at the boat cost us big. My Union net man was on a hard break.  It really didn't matter though.  Without a pike we had no chance to win.  If we didn't have the Union mandated starting hours, Union mandated naps and Union limited  hrs. on the water we could have given the non Union scab teams quite a run for their money .    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  No Glenn, I blew it.  I never had a big pike on.  The one and only good walleye I hooked into and lost at the boat cost us big. My Union net man was on a hard break.  It really didn't matter though.  Without a pike we had no chance to win.  If we didn't have the Union mandated starting hours, Union mandated naps and Union limited  hrs. on the water we could have given the non Union scab teams quite a run for their money .    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:popcorn: "Woulda, coulda, & last but not least shoulda". :puke:

Many BWCA Reports

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea them union mandated breaks bite. that's why I am on the road by 4 am and sometimes not done till 7-8 at nite!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I tried..i really tried. hopefully after all this NLRB  stuff is over I actually can get time to fish.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
maybe the entries into the challenge will increase now that emperor Obama just granted amnesty to a bunch of criminals. 

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  I have often asked myself how it is possible that thegreatoudoors actually signed up and won this years challenge after all the Borgie beatdowns he has taken.  Sometimes the stars just line up I guess.   I recently came across a soccer game that greatly resembles this years fishing challenge and TGO's team's victory.  They deserved it for sure.  Some of us forgot to save the picture and some of us couldn't get the fish in the boat.  TGO took his whippins and with devine intervention lead his team to victory.   :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Great Won? I am still waiting to see the official final standings.. I just figured DDS was still fishing, somewhere   :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Official final results are posted here.  Unless I am missing something.  :scratch:   http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=30132.0

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
  Official final results are posted here.  Unless I am missing something.  :scratch:   http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=30132.0
My Mistake, I was looking for the final award thread for the winners of the Challenge. Has been three weeks since the challenge has ended, thought maybe there was a reason why we all don't get to hear what the guys all won.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Fellow EVE of DESTRUCTION members pm me your mailing address and Ill send your SALMO Hornet to use next summer, as WINNERS of the 2014 MNO Fishing challenge!!

:kingscourt:

THE EVE of DESTRUCTION rules!!!! :happy1: