Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New Board and dew2  (Read 6421 times)

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 I have been busy and my time hasn't been devoted as it will be.
 For one I have to learn the moderator workings,How to do stickies (which will be few)Just some common stuff.That won't happen for awhile because of my surgery.I will have to have HD's help on setting up.
 For now If yer tuning any  engines prepping for spring and have problems.Just ask your questions.I know the time is nearing and the weather is great to get up and running.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I can and will vouch for dews fixit proess!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: he tuned up a little 4 horse Johnson outboard for me..........and the props still on! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: just kidding. that thing runs like a champ!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I can and will vouch for dews fixit proess!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: he tuned up a little 4 horse Johnson outboard for me..........and the props still on! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: just kidding. that thing runs like a champ!!!!!!!!!
Here I thought you'd tell every one of my beansoup,the stuff that powers yer jet boat :doah: while yer out using that union bat :tequila;
Thanks Glenn57....Thats only one motor, but thanks EH!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   This has come up before and I could not decipher a definitive answer from all the checking I have done.  Spring auger storage.  Dump the gas and run it out or fuel stabilizer to keep the gaskets from drying out?  I have always done the latter with good success.  I am very aware that it might just be that I was lucky.   :whistling:    What would be the ideal way to store the auger for the summer?   :help:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
  I don't believe there is a standard for storing gas 2 stroke engines.If you're happy with how you do it why change.
 Myself I run the fuel low or dump some out, add a fuel stabilizer,Run the engine so all stablizer gets through the line into the carb and into the crankcase.Shut it off then fill the tank so moisture can't condense in the tank.Set it aside and summers if I see it I may start it.
 One of those things that have so many opinions.
Lot of people do run dry.Lot of people have the problem of fuel leakage over the winter and are forced to run dry, That can be avoided with a simple fuel off on valve.Helps with traveling on a wheeler, snomachine,and in a sled also.Its cheap and easy Heres one, all my gas powered equipment have shut off valves
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-Fuel-Shut-Off-Valve-Straight-In-line-Cut-Off-Gas-Petcock-Motorcycle-Mower-/140750768186#ht_0wt_0

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
huh.. I'm learning something new already.   feels strange to learn stuff when I'm just plinking around on the old interweb
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline AmsoilGuy

• Outdoorsman
  • FAW-KINN-AE AMSOIL is good!
    • Amsoil wholesale discount
I personally have had great success using Amsoil stabilizer before storage and then Amsoil Quickshot gas treatment when I take it out of storage. My equipment has never run as smooth using other products such as seafoam. Many of my friends have had ice auger, lawn mower and grass trimmer problems, like having to run on full choke or continuous pumping the primer bulb. Amsoil Quickshot seems to clear up there problems and they now swear by it, recommending it to all their friends. If you would like to try it, let me know!!
   This has come up before and I could not decipher a definitive answer from all the checking I have done.  Spring auger storage.  Dump the gas and run it out or fuel stabilizer to keep the gaskets from drying out?  I have always done the latter with good success.  I am very aware that it might just be that I was lucky.   :whistling:    What would be the ideal way to store the auger for the summer?   :help:
Amsoil wholesale ordering information @ http://www.linolakesoil.com

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
AmsoilGuy,I am not yet as familiar as I will be with this site.I do see you have been a member for less than a month.I do believe forums like this run with sponcer contracts.Maybe you should talk to HD,Free advertising may be a loop hole right now that your taking advantage of.
 That said additives are just that.they all work to a extent.The best thing for a engine is upkeep.Nothing as additive will clean like a rebuild kit installed,Especially carbs.

Offline AmsoilGuy

• Outdoorsman
  • FAW-KINN-AE AMSOIL is good!
    • Amsoil wholesale discount
Thanx for the input dew2.  :surrender: I am personal friends with DDSBYDAY and he invited me here because people are asking for Amsoil product or advise. I'm just giving my personal opinion with this product, which has givin a lot of people satisfactory result, as many of them dont need a carb kit, just some minor cleaning. I have been to trade school, graduation from auto mechanics, have rebuilt many small engines as well as bare bone car engine rebuilds. I purposely didnt add any links to the post as to not promote my site, just to give people my experiences using Amsoil gasoline products. They, and many other, gas stabilization and fuel system cleaner products work without having to haul your equipment in for a rebuild that might not be necessary. I truly look forward to your forum, and i'm sure many people look forward to your advise and expertise!!  :bow:
Amsoil wholesale ordering information @ http://www.linolakesoil.com

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yes, we do have banner spots available for advertising. Advertising in posts is prohibited (it was in the agreement when you signed up)
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Awsome a small engins forum, with all the machines I have from motorcycles, snowcats, lawnmowers, trimmers, chaninsaws, tillers ect ect, this will be good to have.  :happy1: :happy1: !
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"