Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Broken on off switch on auger?  (Read 2549 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  I have a broken on/off switch on my auger.  It is stuck in the on position so I just choke out the motor to turn it off.  Does this do any damage over time.  I have done it for 2 years now with no consequences that I am aware of.  Just curious and not wanting to ruin my machine unintentionally.    :scratch:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline tomcat

• Outdoorsman
I would think the switch would easy to replace. And can't cost much.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
your right tomcat..........not expensive at all. I had to replace one a while back. I didn't replace it myself but I will next time.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
The switch grounds out the spark,In stead of spark going to the sparkplug the switch sends the spark to the engine block.No spark no run.Your flooding out the engine by chocking it out,It shouldnt harm it.
 I'd pull the toggle (it is a toggle switch?) Than take it to a box store and replace it with one that looks simular. It is simple
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I would replace it with a momentary switch.  Come to think of it, why don't they make them this way at the factory.  Or, am I the only one who pulls like and idiot for a while before setting the switch to "on".   What is the purpose for a toggle switch rather than a momentary switch?  Has anyone accidentally started their auger because the switch was in the "on" position? 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***