Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: We want your feedback!!  (Read 8077 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Hello -

Just a quick question for members of this website.

We are trying to improve the website and want new and fresh ideas.

What is something we could do here at MNO that you would like to see or make you come back more?

If you are a regular what is it that is working for you?

Please keep this on topic. Just looking for a brainstorm from our members!

Thanks!!!

« Last Edit: April 04/27/14, 07:30:04 PM by MNO »

Offline rod-man

• Outdoorsman
I think the new format looks good
very clean
easy to read/negotiate
can check new posts at a quick glance on the right
or click on specific links on the left
I think it works very well  :happy1:
Be safe  share the water <*)}}}}}><~~~~

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I like it.  when I'm not wishing I still had the plow on the wheeler i'll get in and play with it more..
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I know we had or have a place to get information on posting pictures and or videos.  I can post pictures (not directly from camera or pc but through a host site like photo bucket).  I tried the direct post but it fails.  Also, I never was able to post a video.  Maybe it's just me not being able to follow instruction or just not being technically savy enough.       
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   I can walk you through that Deadeye.  Once you have put something in the message box.  (The box I am typing in write now)    You can click on the Attachmenents and other options right below this box that will allow you to choose a file (pic) to include in your post.  There are several reasons a pic will not go through.  It is too large of a file.  The easiest way to take care of this is use a program such as pixresiser(free download available) to shrink it to an acceptable size.  The second reason it might fail would be it is the wrong format.  Bitmat format will not go through.  When you click to add an attachment it will list the types of files that are allowed.  txt,doc, pdf, gif,mpg, and png.  Pixresiser will also convert your file to an acceptable file type if needed.  Posting video I have found youtube the way to go.  Set up a free account and upload your video.  You can then direcly put it on here by useing the you tube link that used to be just above the smileys.   :doah:   :censored:

:oops1:  It appears to be gone.   :bonk:     
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I've never had a problem uploading pics. Not sure what it isn't working for you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I know we had or have a place to get information on posting pictures and or videos.  I can post pictures (not directly from camera or pc but through a host site like photo bucket).  I tried the direct post but it fails.  Also, I never was able to post a video.  Maybe it's just me not being able to follow instruction or just not being technically savy enough.     

What do you mean by posting a video?

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
DDSBYDAY
I tried the pix post with data in the box but nothing happened.  Maybe it's because all my pix are jpeg?   

MNO,
I see videos posted here that basically have the start of the video with an > to start it.  I cannot seem to get that in a post. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
jpeg works.    1. some message in box

2.click attachments and other options.   (drop down menu pops up)

3. skip down to where it says attach.  Click chose file.  Your computer picture files will appear in the upper left hand side of the screen.

4.  Double click on the file you want and it will show up in the box where right next to the choose file.

5.  if you want more than one pic(6 max/post).  Click the words more attachments that are right below chose file.    Again double click on your chosen file and it will show up in the box..

The actual pic never shows up on your post.  Even if you review it.  It will only show up in the thread once you hit post.  I think that may be the thing throwing you off.    I'm sure you will get it this time.   :happy1:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  The youtube link is gone since the upgrade.  The only way I know to post a vid now is with a link.  You will have to click on the link to see the video.

To do this go to the video and copy the address at the top.  It will be the line that starts http:   paste it into the message box like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJzSj0f2zrk
« Last Edit: April 04/18/14, 02:33:05 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Cool the new upgrade cut out the middleman and posted the video directly.  Very easy.   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
took a bit but I like da new format!!!!!!!!!!! I am betting it will help with posting pictures!!! :happy1: :happy1: training-087 :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Thanks for taking the time to post in this thread. Hopefully your questions are answered and if you have suggestions we are on it! Thanks

:happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
How do you send a picture in a PM?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I think the popularity of the site is directly correlated to an abundance or hatch of the Mayfly. In all earnest there would be no walleye without mayfly.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I think the popularity of the site is directly correlated to an abundance or hatch of the Mayfly. In all earnest there would be no walleye without mayfly.

Ha... Thats a good one  :happy1:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
How do you send a picture in a PM?
Thats a great question.I dont believe I ever saw a forum with PMs capable of PMing pics?
 The changes are starting to show on my little 9 inch screen, I like the ease of the choices and they show well.Maybe I'll play around tonight with pics and try the bar above the reply where  :scratch: :censored: these things show up.Dont know computer talk well :blablabla:
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Wowwww! Sexy! Nice looking page! Maybe a little heavy on the deer hunting - although (I haven't looked around much yet.) I do have a comment on the logo however, a bit lighter green would be an improvement on the trees. The font changed - I think the old font was nicer but not too bad. Let me know if I can help.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Try the new mod "tinypic" added to the posts and pm's

It's pretty easy to use, and you don't need to be a member (of tinypic) to use it.  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Wowwww! Sexy! Nice looking page! Maybe a little heavy on the deer hunting - although (I haven't looked around much yet.) I do have a comment on the logo however, a bit lighter green would be an improvement on the trees. The font changed - I think the old font was nicer but not too bad. Let me know if I can help.
Yup, nice background, just wrong season. Maybe we can get Corny to post up a rockbass.....  :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yup love the background, awsome! deadeye, Ive had trouble sinse the begining about the posting pics from pc an phone. dont know how i missed it but HD an dd mention somethingIve thought ive tried. before choosing a file make sure youve typed some in the box im typing this in now, the message box. an emotion even works. then click the choose file button under attatchments and other options it will take your to your computers file and then select pictures then the file the click on the pic then click on post. do the same with the phone. it will take you to your gallery.
I really dig this site, info cn be sloy moving at times but not a huge deal, just love the good natured feeling an peaple associated here. good rednck fun ribbin, no whinning or complaing, well almost. Right Glenn?
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Boar tks for telling this dummy how to post a pic from phone....success!

Yep I agree nice layout, great site for all the mentioned reasons..

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
corney you knew how to post pics didnt you? ive seen yur walley pics from peg this winter..
78.50"

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Always down loaded on photo bucket at home...now know the old way and tiny pics even easier on the phone.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Here is a comment on the masthead. Consider a thinner crop (not as tall). There is really not all that much going on with the deer photo. I also think making the logo a bit bigger would solve some of that.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Much bigger MNO with the light green trees would be nice.   :happy1:  Start the MNO where it is and bring almost to the deer.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
There should be a bear up there too!
78.50"

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
A BEAR?? here's one,could be leaning against the MNO banner??What say?
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Well...........no.  other wise wed have to have the deer from open season up ther to
78.50"